[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>talking about ww2, rome, communsim ect. Wow get all that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 18

File: 2000px-Inca_roads-en.svg.png (3MB, 2000x3513px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Inca_roads-en.svg.png
3MB, 2000x3513px
>talking about ww2, rome, communsim ect.

Wow get all that casual normie shit out of here

Let's talk about the Incan road system
>>
i don't know a shit about those things, but keep posting more about it, i am intersted
>>
File: PERU-2011-980.jpg (704KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PERU-2011-980.jpg
704KB, 1600x1200px
>>23644
Romefags and naziboos will ruin this board, mark my words.

And Incan roads are quite incredible tbqh.
>>
Give us a quick run-down (pun intended).
>>
>>23701
I'm also monitoring this thread. I'm hoping for some cool history on this board that isn't the usual stuff. (The Sub-Saharan Africa thread for example)
>>
File: 02roads.jpg (49KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
02roads.jpg
49KB, 500x337px
>>23701
>road system to well made with a outpost network so well coordinated that the king in cuzco (on top of the Andes mountains) could get fresh fish from the sea
>you could send packages and information from one end of the empire to the other in a days time

They didn't use wheels because the terrain was too uneven, so the roads were flattened river stones and they moved shit around with pack lamas and incans with amazing caves who would sprint.
>>
They didn't have horses, right? The Europeans brought those. It was probably some dudes job just to run messages up and down the road.
>>
>>23644
Love the thread, will go to sleep now but looking forward to waking up to read what I missed.

>>23725
Christ that looks awesome

>>23742
U r 1 cheeky cunt
>>
Saw an exhibit at the Smithsonian about the Incan roads and civilization in general, definitely interesting. Apparently parts of it are still in use today?
>>
>>23793
damn that sound based
>>
>>23805
i don't know if machupichu accounts
>>
This is some interesting shit, OP, keep it going.
>>
>>23805
Picture an incan with amazing muscle density from running all day and living in the mountains who also has a jacked as fuck lama with packages tied to its back running and hoping on mountain roads

To be honest the incans are the one native group I get really sad that got fucked over by colonialism, because they were like a little mini roman empire that had giant domesticated hamsters
>>
>>23844
The roads used the best terrain for moving shit so modern Peruvians literally just pave over them and use existing roads as a foundation
>>
I don't really care so much about the destruction of the aztec since their whole civilization was incredibly barbaric, or the destruction of the Mayans since a lot of their language and culture managed to survive to this day, but the destruction of the incan civilization really gets to me. These guys had some really cool technology that was just completely torn asunder.

Fucking Pizarro.
>>
>>23935
aztecs were hated by other native dudes
>>
>>23901
They were fucked before the colonists came.
A functioning state is very difficult to defeat.
>>
>>23935
To be honest the incans were already in a bad way because they couldn't expand past the mountains any further and had suffered a really bad disease outbreak before the spaniards showed up

>>23961
weren't the aztecs beaten by a loot crew of other angry tribes led by rusemaster spaniards
>>
>>23901
It makes you wonder what they'd be like now, or you.. in vaguely modern Times, if they had survived. Picture and early industrial sort of society with an incan flair. That'd be pretty cool.
>>
i've traveled to bolivia and hike on one of the inca roads, it's really amazing. They're paved the whole way with the huge stones, often in the middle of these giant arid plains with no source for the stones anywhere nearby. they roads go for hundreds of kilometers, and they're still mostly intact today. they're also surprisingly level and easy to walk on, so i imagine they were hewn and worked as they were laid down. this was seriously an huge endeavor.
>>
>>23998
>Industrial-era factories situated on mountainsides

steampunk bait if there ever was any
>>
Since moving shit was so hard, and you couldn't ride lamas (and often needed to have them carry shit anyway) the incans ended up breeding these things for food and had them as pets.

Capybaras are actually super docile and have soft hair like a well bred golden retriever.
The meat isn't bad either.
>>
>>23996
>weren't the aztecs beaten by a loot crew of other angry tribes led by rusemaster spaniards
yep, becauset they were so despised
>>
File: 025-624x616.jpg (150KB, 624x616px) Image search: [Google]
025-624x616.jpg
150KB, 624x616px
>>24086
they actually can still make good domestic pets even though a lot of them are wild now
>>
>>24086
I've pet one before. They're cool. What'd it taste like?
>>
>>24148
>>23998
>Inca survives
>Catposting is rivaled by capybaraposting
not sure if want
>>
>>24150
like a less gamey rabbit, thats a bit more greasy

they tend to make them real crispy in peru
>>
>>24148
That pic is funny, coz they're rodents.
>>
>>23793
IIRC the Spanish horses were (unsurprisingly) absolutely terrified when they were forced to use those roads
>>
les make empire. Les do it on mountain tops.

le based Incas
>>
>>24242
>24242
nice :^)
>>
>>23793
I honestly call BS on the claim about the fish unless you have a liberal interpretation of the word "fresh". I've been to Peru, they can't accomplish that task today, they wouldn't be able to do it with llamas and fags on feet.
>>
File: ZGRbj.gif (2MB, 371x331px) Image search: [Google]
ZGRbj.gif
2MB, 371x331px
>>24226
>can't navigate mountain roads prone to high winds and landslides

I wonder how the incans got these moody fuckers to carry shit
>>
>>23962
They WERE difficult to defeat.
>>
File: roman-empire-roads-map9.jpg (180KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
roman-empire-roads-map9.jpg
180KB, 700x500px
Why did you feel the urge to insult roman history enthusiasts?
Now I'm going to shit on your thread.
>>
>>24274
I'm not sure if they could reach the capitol, but a single package or information relay could move 240km in a single day.
>>
>>24286
Probably smacked them a lot. Modern farmers and ranchers tend to not like doing that kind of shit. Putting up with an animal's bullshit is the main cause of them being moody.
>>
>>24343
I don't believe you and don't believe whoever told you.
>>
>>24086

HOLY SHIT THE BABIES

also I thought capybaras only lived in the amazon? are you sure you don't mean chinchillas?
>>
>>24339
>it's not even in a grid pattern

What a bunch of disorganized primitive faggots.
>>
File: Capybara-ranges.png (3KB, 322x362px) Image search: [Google]
Capybara-ranges.png
3KB, 322x362px
>>24379

nah
>>
>>24339
When did I insult rome?

It's just something that gets over talked about and other cool shit gets glossed over.

Sometimes people want to talk about native american fed ex or east asian rice trade senpai
>>
>>24339

>this autism

holy cow!
>>
File: llama tbh.jpg (775KB, 2495x1063px) Image search: [Google]
llama tbh.jpg
775KB, 2495x1063px
>>24274
dont understimate llama's power!
>>
I demand more Inca road facts.
>>
>>24300
>168 men, 1 cannon and 27 horses
That shit wouldn't have worked if these Inca empire had actually been functioning.
Even with 168 modern soldiers the Spaniards would have lost.
>>
>>24274
A lot of precolumbian history is exagerated by latin american historians.
>>
File: likeimwearingnothingatall.png (76KB, 343x407px) Image search: [Google]
likeimwearingnothingatall.png
76KB, 343x407px
>>24550
it's actually hard to get a lama to carry alot since what makes them useful as mountain pack animals is how nimble they are

so what would end up happening is they'd make convoys were you had maybe two guys herding lamas carrying goods with maybe two dozen of the fuckers following the shepards hoping from rock to rock in something so cartoony looking it would probably look like something from a cartoon if you saw it irl
>>
File: cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg (302KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg
302KB, 1280x960px
>>24636
they also frequently crossed bridges that were this perilous
>>
>>24636

Kek at filename and cheers.
>>
>>24343
This got me thinking.
If you have relay stations with well-rested runners ready to pick up the delivery and dash towards the next station, what's the practical upper limit for speeds attainable? Naturally you can't have them every hundred meters but you do need to space them pretty close to each other if you want to keep up high speeds.
>>
>>24808
In case of the Inca, the fastest mail would probably have abandoned the concept of roads and instead have gone with a ropeway. No need to transport the carrier of the letter. Just put the letter into a little basket and heave that shit up the mountain.
>>
>>25067
>Letter
Come on man,they didnt have a writting system,only some knot shit
Why cant we have a precolumbian thread without myths and tell tales invented by communist leaning latin american hacks
>>
>>25254
Did they have parrots?
>>
>>25283
They had this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quipu
The complexity of the system is mainly exagerated by modern historians.
>>
>>24568
These 168 spaniards had little influence on the inca state, after killing atahualpa, they switched to the side of huascar and pretty much were some short of advisers.
It was not until reinforcements arrived from Panama in 1536 and 1540, that they began to have a major role and finally conquer the Inca state completely forty years later.
>>
File: capacquipu.gif (27KB, 637x646px) Image search: [Google]
capacquipu.gif
27KB, 637x646px
>>25254
>>25391
>>25254
The code Blas valera calls into question the use of the quipu as mere tools and accounting record.
Blas Valera was a Jesuit, son of a conquistador and a altomisayoc grandson, born in Chachapoyas a place known for many funeral Quipus discovered there.
And he witnesses in his Chronicle the heavy censorship imposed by the Inquisition at the time, he talks about the Capac Quipus and the lack of knowledge of these in other chronics at the time. He says his grandfather taught him about these literary Quipus and that were used as a writing system. He also talks about other things like that Fransico Pizarro use poisoned wine in the capture of Atahualpa and that the Inca Garcilaso de la Vega based his work on the testimonies and documents submitted by him.

http://larepublica.pe/blogs/andares/2013/05/01/el-codigo-blas-valera/<

http://pendientedemigracion.ucm.es/info/especulo/numero25/tahuan.html
>The quipu Capac or regal quipu, Valera explains, is a kind of quipu used by the Inca and amautas to communicate with the gods and keep the secrets of its people: its characteristic is that each slope leads inserted a textile ideogram said keyword or ticcisimi. In this type of phonics quipu ideogram dominates the conceptual reading of it: eg. the Pachacamac ticcisimi not indicate only the coastal god but rather the phonetic and syllabic reading of it sounds ticcisimi: PA-CHA-CA-MAC while the knots tied below each keyword are indicators syllable (eg. three knots below indicate that there Pachacamac ticcisimi only read the third syllable, CA).

Pic related says: Beautiful Princess your brother now break your jug, your lymph god Pachacamac, the god Viracocha transformed into rain.
>>
>>26874
>The code Blas valera calls into question the use of the quipu as mere tools of recording and accounting.

>http://larepublica.pe/blogs/andares/2013/05/01/el-codigo-blas-valera/

Fuck i really have to sleep.
>>
>>23998
You.mean Bolivia?
>>
>>27264
Bolivia is mostly aimara.
>>
File: inca oroya.jpg (71KB, 568x375px) Image search: [Google]
inca oroya.jpg
71KB, 568x375px
>>24674
And they used pic related.
>>
>>23901
Congrats on posting the most homoerotic thing I've read today.
>>
File: huaco moche 5.jpg (9KB, 206x203px) Image search: [Google]
huaco moche 5.jpg
9KB, 206x203px
>>24086
>you couldn't ride lamas
>>
File: huaco moche 6.jpg (56KB, 463x457px) Image search: [Google]
huaco moche 6.jpg
56KB, 463x457px
>>28569
>>
>>24274
Well that's because they're not using incan road systems you dingdong
>>
File: 1387442059875.jpg (18KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
1387442059875.jpg
18KB, 500x439px
>>23998
>>24086
>there won't ever be ancient mountain nation going through industrialism phase where people travel with lamas and keep capybaras for pets
My vivid imagination is getting an orgasm, my rational mind is committing seppuku
>>
>>24086

>tfw can't get a cabybara pet in Australia
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.