[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with the constant guilt that you are wasting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 233x216px
How do you deal with the constant guilt that you are wasting your time or not working efficiently or that trying to work efficiently is dumb or any of the other endless prevaricating about your choices?

I always have it. I want to reject all wisdom, self help, and philosophy related to this as bullshit, and I truly believe it's all bullshit, but I keep getting drawn back in and thinking about things.

Part of the problem is that if I truly use my intuitions I end up throwing almost everything in to the trash. Of course that includes self help but it also includes all boring as hell fiction and boring as hell pointless philosophies and current events and history and so on. There are ten trillion things you have to claim you are interested in or else the pseudo intellectuals will come after you.

Of all people, Zizek sums it up well but he doesn't realise you can generalise to literally all philosophy. I have completely realised that all philosophy that is practised is an infinitely small amount of all possible philosophy. I can see this but society abuses you and yells you to fall in to line and swallow the bullshit

https://youtu.be/f1siWHmKV5c
>>
Consider the possibility that any step you take may be a step in the wrong direction, and therefore may be worse than taking no action at all.
>>
>>2364377
Not OP but I definitely often have regrets of doing things when I should've just let it slide by.

Inaction is probably the best thing you could ever do in your own life, unless you are for certain that doing an action would get you into a better place.

But you have to be 100% certain, and know everything about the action before doing it. Alot of humans, including me, have failed to act in such a manner, and it has cost me precious things which I would've liked to have back.
>>
>>2364377
define wrong direction
>>
>>2364402
define define
>>
>>2364398
>>2364377

This is wrong. Most people act too little, not too much. Just pick a path and walk, you'll hit snags but what you learn will guide you. Stop intellectualizing and rationalizing sitting around doing nothing.
>>
>>2364532
No, going straightforward through life is actually not a good idea. You never know what you may encounter in the long run. It's best to take a pre-cautious approach then go head long desu.

Not thinking and going head long is rather reckless and unnecessary.
>>
>>2364586
Not going headlong is exactly how you shelter yourself. Giving yourself the opportunity to fuck stuff up is 100% essential to true learning and understanding.

Unless you have a lot to lose from doing so, which is rare, you always need to be pushing yourself to some extent. And even then you still need to take the leap eventually. The only reckless thing is thinking you can get by by building yourself on a shitty foundation of perfectionism.

t. former NEET
>>
>>2364402
You know what grinds my gear? It's when someone asks "how do I X" and some upjumped motherfucker replies "define X". like go fuck yourself nigger.

FUCK YOU
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.