[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rich Maratime Tradition. >Large Navy >Experience with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: denmark 1600.jpg (195KB, 954x837px) Image search: [Google]
denmark 1600.jpg
195KB, 954x837px
>Rich Maratime Tradition.
>Large Navy
>Experience with colonies.
>Allies with the Dutch.
>Subsidized by the sound toll.

Why didn't Denmark-Norway create a colonial empire?
>>
>>2353103
>maratime
>>
>>2353103
>What are the Danish West Indies
>What are the Faroes
>What is Iceland
>What is Trankebar
>>
File: 1483527281429.gif (57KB, 446x384px) Image search: [Google]
1483527281429.gif
57KB, 446x384px
>>2353111
3 tiny islands and a trading post is not even close to a colonial empire you knob.
>>
>>2353114

>It's not the size but how you use it.
>>
>>2353119
you used it on losing land to sweden though
>>
>>2353111
>Danish West Indies
>Faroes
>Iceland
>Trankebar
Why am I hearing a TV laugh track after each of these?
>>
>>2353123
Why do you think I'm Danish? I'm not.
>>
>>2353103
They were outclassed by nearly every other major power when it came to naval terms. Most sailors of Dano-Norwegian origin sought employment abroad and especially in the VOC. They were tolerated when they stayed in their lane (being the Baltic and northern North Sea). The functioned the same way the Seljuks/Muslims did when compared to the silk road: bottleneck a very rich area, force tolls and concessions from wouldbe traders, but completely fell into irrelevance once Atlantic trade started to be prosperous. In the early modern period Baltic trade was way more lucrative than trading with the orient, but once that got underway the entire region just got neglected compared to the vast amounts of resources pouring in from all over the world.

But, more importantly; they stopped being ahead of the curve and started trailing behind the innovators Britain and Holland, and even further on Holland couldnt keep up with the Brits.
>>
>>2353103
Because they had a maratime tradition instead of a maritime tradition
>>
>>2353126
because you watch too much trash
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.