[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me a slow rundown on Diogenes, founder of cynicism and near

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Give me a slow rundown on Diogenes, founder of cynicism and near told Alexander the Great himself to fuck off because he blocked the sunlight.

And ontop of that; Alexander the Great told his followers the moment after that if he were not Alexander the Great, he would be Diogenes.
>>
He was basically the GG Allin of his time, except virtuous instead of angry.
>>
>>2350153
So he was the Lou Reed of his time?
>>
>>2350159
That works too.
>>
>>2350143
First NEET in History that shitposted all day.
>>
>>2350143
like socrates, what we have of him today is other people using him as a character to demonstrate concepts, so in actuality we don't know a lot about him. the facts are probably that he was a troublesome hobo that lived in a barrel, masturbated in public, and caused a general nuisance, and was well-spoken enough about it to get some attention. I would maybe attribute the walking around town with a lamp story as something that may have actually happened, and walking up to plato with a plucked chicken and some shittalk is another story I see as feasible. many others to me sound like parables that use him as a character to demonstrate an idea.
>>
>>2350275

this, hes used to demostrate the concept that man is born whole, along the way he misses pieces of himself to the ego and tries to repiece himself with frivolous shit like power
>>
Perhaps he disliked what Alexander was doing and would have preferred a strong, unified Greece rather then an empire that would fall almost immediately
>>
>>2350275
True, i've read another story about him, basically it goes something like this; Alexander goes to see Diogenes who is going through a pile of human bones, Alexander asks what he's up to, Diogenes answers that he's trying to find the bones of Alexander but he can't distinguish them from those of a slave. Something about, you can achieve cool things in life but in the end we all die.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.