[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a mechanized army complete with thousands of tanks get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: autism.png (26KB, 320x589px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
26KB, 320x589px
How does a mechanized army complete with thousands of tanks get wrecked by an opposing force composed almost solely of light infantry and militia? Was it autism?
>>
Internal purges and hellish frozen weather will sap anyones morale to fight
Contrasted with someone who is defending their country in their own soil, acting as force multiplier
>>
>>2347694
War isn't fought on paper, my dude.
>>
File: orangutan-7.jpg (34KB, 330x549px)
orangutan-7.jpg
34KB, 330x549px
>there are people that still think the allies couldn't take on the ussr after the fall of nazi germany
>>
>>2347710
Exactly how many combat points does the "fighting on your own soil" modifier give to the defending units?
>>
>>2347789
Are you a retard
You don't think knowing the terrain better than the opponent and using it to your advantage counts?
>>
>>2347789
five
>>
>>2347789
+25% damage modifier. Stacks with the additional +50% bonus for defending on rough terrain.
>>
File: what the fuck.jpg (69KB, 496x798px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.jpg
69KB, 496x798px
>>2347694
>2514 - 6541 tanks
>3543 tanks destroyed
>>
>>2347805
Wikipedia usually displays peak rather than total strength.

Also the 3543 isn't just destroyed, it includes damaged. So a tank could get knocked out thrice and sent back into combat, yet get listed as being destroyed three times. Tanks actually destroyed (i.e. permanent loss or completely knocked out and in need of heavy repair) was around 1,200 I think.
>>
>>2347784
UK was economically bankrupt and couldn't even keep order and control in their colonies
US was on the verge of bankruptcy
>Economy isn't a thing
>>
>>2347811
how can there be a minimum of 2514 tanks if 3543 were destroyed
>>
>>2347827
>peak rather than total strength.

This means they actually used more than 2514 tanks, but that 2514 is (minimum) the most they had deployed at any one time.

>includes damaged AND destroyed

This means a tank could be listed as a loss multiple times.
>>
>>2347694
Finland had 0 infrastructure and was a frozen hellhole with snow depth in the 2-6 feet range on top of frozen lakes and streams.

How the russians managed to move anything but light infantry and militia into finland is already a miracle in itself.

Fins where adapted to such conditions and had skis, they could act faster, move faster, and capture easier.
>>
>>2347859
So Finland was to the Soviet Union what the Soviet Union was to Germany?
>>
>>2347811
I am extremely impressed by your level of knowledge on such an obscure topic
>>
>>2347694
In times of great struggle some Finns can rarely experience such intense psionic surges that the effects of the Giza Mass Autism Arrays can be temporarily undone, rendering them not autistic and as competent and powerful as a Psyker in peak condition. It is likely that one such Finn awakened his dormant powers here, and promptly burnt out and died after wiping out most of the Soviet forces within seconds.
>>
They just wanted it more.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.