[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 5oiev5fjphkx.jpg (53KB, 657x768px) Image search: [Google]
5oiev5fjphkx.jpg
53KB, 657x768px
>Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's

What did he mean by this?
>>
Don't be a reactionary that overthrows the government every time something against God is done. Obey the laws, and govern yourself into being a good person.
>>
If an aristocrat demands taxes and you don't have enough money to give, let him rape your wife in front of you
>>
>>2346523
ROMAN'D
>>
It was a moral lesson about both greed and civics. He was telling people not to concern themselves money except to provide for one's self and family as well as telling people to be good citizens when it is just to do so. He killed two birds with one stone. At least that's what I take from it.
>>
>Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, render unto God what is God's

In reference to taxation, which is not of the Kingdom of Heaven.
Basically, a godly man should have no attatchment to material wealth, rather spiritual wealth, and so when Caesar asks for the coins with his head on, you should have no qualms about giving them to him, as such things are useless to anyone, upon death.
>>
>>2346515
He was basically saying "You can't catch me out in such an obvious trap, guys, lol, try again later."
>>
>>2346537
>a godly man should have no attatchment to material wealth, rather spiritual wealth
Sounds like a faggot communist
>>
>>2346515
Serve your kings, for they are valid rulers.
>>
>>2346515

"You are Jews, stop using Roman currency. Return the coinage to Rome and their economy will become devalued."
>>
It means pay your taxes and be a good goy
>>
>>2346521
>>2346523
>>2346536
>>2346537
Absolutely wrong. And one or two of you who's half wrong.

Essentially Jesus is half evading the question, while half subtly attacking Rome. The earlier traditions of Aramaic roughly translate "render" into a very strong "give back to". As in Jesus was saying "give back to the Emperor what is the Emperor's, and to the Lord that which is the Lord's".

Jesus is saying "through out all the filthy gentile things", such as their money, government, soldiers, and people; and "give back to the Lord what is the Lord's" (an Israel wiped clean of all foreigners)
>>
>>2346515

The Romans should fuck off back to Rome. Then of course, liberal nu-male cucks distorted Jesus's message into being as cucked as they are.
>>
>>2346679
*throw out
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.