[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1480409198298.png (215KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480409198298.png
215KB, 640x360px
>“But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2345566
>Help, the simplest of all bible verses is beyond my comprehension.
>>
Maybe if you bothered to read past the point
>For I say to you, that this that is written must yet be fulfilled in me: And with the wicked was he reckoned. For the things concerning me have an end. But they said: Lord, behold here are two swords. And he said to them, It is enough.
>>
>>2345566
He was telling his disciples to prepare for the revolt against Rome.
>>
Luke 22:36-37 New International Version (NIV)

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’[a]; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

Footnotes:

Luke 22:37 Isaiah 53:12

Isaiah 53:12 New International Version (NIV)

12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,[a]
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,[b]
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.
Footnotes:

Isaiah 53:12 Or many
Isaiah 53:12 Or numerous
>>
>>2345566

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED
>>
>>2345588
So he literally did it to cover his messiah bases?
>>
>>2345566
The Jews are trying to kill Jesus. So he told his Disciples to buy swords in the act of Self-Defense from the Jews. Cut any throat that dare to endanger their master life.

"Truly the act of a man that came to die for our sins."
>>
>>2345654
What does it mean?
>>
>>2346530
Buy a Gun
>>
>>2345667
This. He was merely repeating the second commandment.
>>
>>2345566
What kind of shite society was Jesus in that a sword can be bought for the price of a fucking cloak?
>>
>>2348392
Welcome to east Jerusalem
>>
>>2348406
Keeeeeek
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.