[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you guys think of the sonderweg theory? i.e. that Germany

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1477331147665.jpg (690KB, 1582x2132px) Image search: [Google]
1477331147665.jpg
690KB, 1582x2132px
what do you guys think of the sonderweg theory? i.e. that Germany was destined for fascism/nazism because the conditions and history of Germany were unique
>>
>>2345080
Historiography was a mistake
>>
>>2345115
I agree but what would historians have to talk about if not each other?
>>
>>2345080
>that Germany was destined for fascism/nazism because the conditions and history of Germany were unique
Not any more than the idea that Italy was destined for Fascism, Russia for Bolshevism, France for Liberalism ect.
>>
Daily reminder that history is not a science, but a hobby.
>>
>>2345121
I was memeing. But really there is something to the theory, many German thinkers not only considered Germany not to be a part of the west, they felt downright insulted if someone claimed that Germany was western.
Even Spengler who believed Germany to be quintessentially western, criticized Marx for rooting his political philosophy in English thought instead of the German one. Really, Germany and Britain are completely apart in civilization values, and many of the so-called "western values" we know today are in fact just Anglo values pushed by the Anglo-American domination.
>>
>>2345151
Continentals were a mistake
>>
>>2346348
Anglos were, if anything.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.