[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Indo-Iranian nomads get absorbed by Slavs and Turks, or did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Scythia-Parthia_100_BC.png (90KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
Scythia-Parthia_100_BC.png
90KB, 550x350px
Did Indo-Iranian nomads get absorbed by Slavs and Turks, or did they get killed by them?
>>
>>2344539
The Cumans, Pechenegs, and Khazars were usually described as having blonde and red hair, so I think the ones at the western extents of the steppe were just Turkicized at least.
>>
>>2344539
They became Slavs and Turks
WE
>>
>>2344539
They mixed with the tatars who migrated westward into their territory. The current population of places like Turkmenistan are Indo-Iranians with varying levels of tatar admixture. Slavs have nothing to do with it, considering they didn't even show up in that part of central asia until the 18th century.
>>
>>2344539
Absorbed. There's some reason to believe that both Serbs and Croats were Sarmatian tribes that were slavicized, since those names are attested in Persian and Pontic chronicles, later moving westward.
>>
>>2344539
Slavs are European Scythians who got isolated from their Asian-Scythian counter-parts because of advent of better arms during the iron age that reached them, priorities of them switching to trading with near-by civilizations instead of each other over vast steppes, and changes in the climate. These European Scythians start at from the sea of Azov as the furthest border eastward.. From then on from their isolation, they evolved independently different from their Asiatic counter-parts that dealt with Indo-Iranic people far more, while the European Scythians got some influences from other near-by European tribal people.

It's also important note that the Parthian Empire got started by a Scythian chieftain, and the alleged religious customs documented in the Parthian Empire appear more closely align with the Indo-Scythians and Indian traditions rather than the limited amount we know about the Achemenid's in said regard, and many of them start to match up with the details in the earliest attested to Avestan texts.
>>
Proto-slavs were cannibals, so maybe they were EATEN.
>>
>>2346783
I would add that given similarities between Baltic and Slavic mythology, Slavs could be the effect of mixing between Scythians/Sarmatians and Balts.

>The word Svarog is cognate with the Indo-Aryan Sanskrit word Svarga which literally means Heaven or Sky.
>>
>>2346783
gonna need a source or i`ll have to assume this is pseudo intellectualism
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.