[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any examples of economically powerful states that didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1479766878517.gif (3MB, 1005x742px) Image search: [Google]
1479766878517.gif
3MB, 1005x742px
Are there any examples of economically powerful states that didn't become politically powerful?
>>
Canada
>>
>>2340820
Liechtenstein and Luxembourg. Switzerland may belong on that list as well.
>>
>>2340820
Germany post reunification.
>>
>>2341063
>Germany
>not political powerful
I disagree. Germany is relatively poltically powerful even if it is a dog to the US.
>>
>>2340856
Canada has more political power than most people give it credit for, although that's a mostly recent development
>>
>>2340820
Singapore, Switzerland, Monaco, Brunei.
>>
>>2341084
And yet no one likes us, because of /int/ shit posting.
>>
>>2341089
>And yet no one likes us, because of /int/ shit posting
Nobody likes you because cuckanda is a fake nation which annoys everyone.
>>
You want a (You)? Well you're not getting one you fucking faggot. Troll harder next time.
>>
>>2341089
More like because Canada is a non-country, it's basically just USA with a slightly British bent. It's America's Belarus or Ukraine pretty much.
>>
>>2341084
>This it what leafs actually believe
>>
Why thank you for giving me another (You). Personally, don't give a shit what you fuckers think, I like living in Canada and I don't have to deal with the shitstains that everyone says we have, because I don't live in Ontario. Doesn't matter anyway, World War 3 is coming soon.
>>
>>2341117
Sorry buddy. Maple syrup and hokey aren't measurements of Power. Mexico would beat you beat you in a war.
>>
>>2341117
Cuckbec is even worse than Ontario.
>>
The Netherlands.
>>
Indonesia is a pretty good example.
>>
>>2341103
THIS
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if, in a few years, they just joined the States.
At least they can support the Commonwealth from within.
>>
>>2340878
High gdp per capita doesn't mean powerful. Just relatively powerful.
>>
I think atm mostly Japan, but historically the Hansa I guess? Portugal?
>>
>>2341222
Japan I don't know about. They're pretty good at strategic international relations, which is part economic and part using the US's opposition to a rising China to advance their own interests. South Korea seems the same way.

Mali and Lydia definitely make the list.
>>
>>2341222
>>2342684
Also I forgot to add that I don't know about the Hansa, because I don't know if they really count as a state. But Portugal is spot on. Maybe Belgium before WW1 too?
>>
Modern Japan; major economic force and cultural exporter but in the shadow of the US in terms of international politics.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.