[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the Persian empire was such hot shit, why were they devastated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: grid_paper_hexagonal_grid_460_0.jpg (23KB, 460x602px) Image search: [Google]
grid_paper_hexagonal_grid_460_0.jpg
23KB, 460x602px
If the Persian empire was such hot shit, why were they devastated by the Greeks and Alexander?
>>
Because they lost several important battles in a row. Being "hot shit" doesn't make you invincible.
>>
>>2340083
>Being "hot shit" doesn't make you invincible.
I wish more people knew about this. It seems both people, and certain countries, think that because they're "hot shit" they are untouchable.
>>
>>2340098
It's hubris. Most people don't even sit down and read a fucking book. They don't care about learning of other nations' histories or cultures beyond memeing. This new trend of memes is symptom of greater cultural decline and anti-intellectual attitudes.

It's fine if people aren't interested in Persian culture, but it pisses me off when they feel compelled to give derogatory opinions without studying the nation's history.
>>
>>2340123
listen up you stupid faggot, if I wasn't interested in learning about persia I wouldn't be posting here

"ooga booga read 125 books and then ask me about history of x"

stupid
>>
>>2340130
Your question is retarded.

Anyways, I think the Greeks won because of their superior naval skills.

I don't know how to answer your hot shit crap.
>>
>>2340130
Also, you should say "Achaemenid Empire".
>>
>>2340134
>>2340132

here's your contribution prize! a big dump as I laugh at how butthurt 101 history freshmen get when somebody pronounces "nigga" wrong
>>
>>2340148
Sassanids were a lot more formidable opponents.
>>
>>2340156
their empire was much smaller, and this is usually the judge of historical standing
>>
File: Sassanian_Empire_621_A.D (1).jpg (133KB, 800x594px) Image search: [Google]
Sassanian_Empire_621_A.D (1).jpg
133KB, 800x594px
>>2340164
Not really.

Sassanian Empire was nearly just as big.
>>
>>2340184
but not quite. And besides, I want to learn about the persians and not their successors
>>
>>2340184
For like 15-20 years, then it came back to status quo ante in 628.
>>
>>2340184
>fucking implying

They didn't even manage to incorporate those western areas into their empire. Their invasion in the early 7th century war was basically just a huge raid. And the map massively exaggerates their level of control over the Arabian provinces and goes too far north and east. It was presumably made by an Iranian historian.
>>
>>2340191
Sassanids are Persians, you idiot.
>>
>>2340198
hahahahahah, child

>want to know about the persians? Try the Iran-Iraq war, idiot!
>>
>>2340195
>too far north and east
Sassanids definitely had control over Sogdiana.
>>
>>2340205
Go read a book on Greco-Persian wars and circle-jerk to Persians not being "hot shit". Anyways, Roman-Persian wars (during the Sassanid Empire) were far more brutal and lasted longer without any side truly winning.
>>
>>2340229
I already did.
>>
>>2340076
If the Christian religion was such hot shit, then why is it largely a plagiarism of Zoroastrianism?

You lived under the shadows of our magi for a long time, bitch.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.