[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in the most recent Tomb Raider you go and explore the lost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
So in the most recent Tomb Raider you go and explore the lost city of Kitzeh, which in the game is a Byzantine city somewhere in Siberia, founded by a 9th century heretic prophet and his following.
Highly unrealistic, but fascinating storyline nonetheless.

I feel like it's obvious they're pointing to the Byzantine origins of the Russian world in this one.
What can /his/ tell me about it?
>>
>>2337056
Stop playing video games and read a book
>>
>>2337056
Sounds like a meme interpretation of the prester john myth
>>
>>2337056
>What can /his/ tell me about it?
About the city? It doesn't exist IRL. I'm Russian myself and I live in Siberia. I've travveled all over the land and there are no Byzantine cities here.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 491x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 491x394px
>>2337056
What a bastardization of the original myth.
>Some people say that the most pious individuals may actually see the lights of religious processions (called "кpecтный хoд") and even buildings on the bottom of the lake. For this reason Lake Svetloyar is sometimes called the "Russian Atlantis".
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitezh
>>
>>2338824
That's what a byzantine would say.
>>
>>2338838
The city is not Byzantine, it was founded by a Russian prince according to the legend.

>Legend has it that Georgy II, Grand Prince of Vladimir in the early 13th century, first built the town of Maly Kitezh (Little Kitezh) on the Volga River.
>Later on, the prince crossed the rivers of Uzola, Sanda, and Kerzhenets, and found a beautiful spot on the shores of Lake Svetloyar, where he decided to build the town of Bolshoy Kitezh (Big Kitezh).
Why must Americans ruin everything?
>>
>>2337056

well, in a nutshell

russia is an orthodox christian country
it had huge influence from the center of ortodoxy back in the day - the eastern roman empire - many of it's oldest churches had greek architectural features

with the fall of the eastern roman empire many christian scholars and writers fled for russia

russia itself claimed to be the descendant of the empire as the only major protector of the ortodox faith and adopted the two headed eagle
as their crest - the symbol of the late roman empire

so yes, there is a connection between the two countries from a historic point of view
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.