[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Furthermore, because the universe is natural, its self-selection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1471381363665.jpg (29KB, 339x382px) Image search: [Google]
1471381363665.jpg
29KB, 339x382px
>Furthermore, because the universe is natural, its self-selection amounts to a cosmic form of natural selection. But by the nature of this selection process, it also bears description as intelligent self-design (the universe is “intelligent” because this is precisely what it must be in order to solve the problem of self-selection, the master-problem in terms of which all lesser problems are necessarily formulated). This is unsurprising, for intelligence itself is a natural phenomenon that could never have emerged in humans and animals were it not already a latent property of the medium of emergence.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2336688
>for intelligence itself is a natural phenomenon that could never have emerged in humans and animals were it not already a latent property of the medium of emergence.

lol intelligence can't emerge if it's not at least potentially emergent

give macarthur genie grant now plz
>>
confirmed for gobledigook
>>
File: IMG_0393.jpg (458KB, 1646x2050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0393.jpg
458KB, 1646x2050px
PD: The Universe. You’ve got to be impressed by the Universe when you see order in the Universe. This wasn’t an accident, Miss Rand.

AR: Oh, now you’ve got to give me a few minutes. {Audience applause} What do you think would happen in a disorderly Universe?

PD: In a disorderly Universe?

AR: What’s the concept of order? What does it have to do with things which exist? If they clash with each other, if there were contradictions, they wouldn’t exist. There is no such thing as a disorderly Universe. Our whole concept of order comes from observing reality. And, the reality has to be orderly because it’s the standard of what exists.

PD: Right. So…

AR: So, the contradictions cannot exist.

PD: Okay. So, we have an orderly Universe because it’s impossible to have a disorderly Universe.

AR: That’s right.

PD: I got that. I understood that.

AR: Fine.

PD: Do you understand what a breakthrough that is that I understood that?
>>
>>2336713
>we have an orderly Universe because it’s impossible to have a disorderly Universe.

I disagree with this premise.
It's entirely possible for a disorderly universe to exist, it just cannot exist as a stable phenomenon.
>>
>>2336688
christopher lagan is a dumbass
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.