[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did the jews kill Jesus or what? What's the stance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

So did the jews kill Jesus or what? What's the stance on this today.
>>
>>2336643
There has never an ounce of significant argument against this fact

T. Noko
>>
>>2336643

Yes, no, and no.

The had a kangaroo trial and condemned him to death for blasphemy. They beat him, spit on him, and wanted him dead. By their own Law of Moses, that violates Thou Shalt Not Murder.

But they either did not have the will or the right to execute him (he had quite a popular following, and they were subject to Rome), so they turned him over to Rome and essentially blackmailed Pilate into crucifying Jesus.

So the Jews condemned him to death, murdered him in their hearts, and let the Romans do the dirty work.

But nobody killed Jesus. He came to die, and no man had the power to kill him without his consent. So when his work on the cross was finished, he gave up his spirit and died.

Note that Pilate was surprised Jesus died so quickly, and note that a centurion set to kill the three condemned criminals broke the legs of the two living thieves, but as Jesus was already dead, stabbed him in the heart with a spear just to make sure.

Nobody killed Jesus. He committed deicide on our behalf.
>>
>>2336665

Board is for history, not bible stories.
>>
>>2337077
fuck off schlomo
>>
>>2337094
t. maddd
>>
Hard to explain. The Jews did form the majority of the people in the community who supported Jesus' execution, but it was ruled by the Romans, who had the final decision. Plus Jesus himself was born to Jews.

I never got why so many of my fellow Christians follow this "Jews are evil because they killed Jesus" mindset, since like half of the Bible is about hem and them and their ancestors/leaders (Adam, Noah, Moses, David, etc.).

It always struck me as a convenient excuse for European Christians to isolate and hate an ethnic group who traditionally were the "money lenders". If we borrow money from a banker, we're always going to hate him when he calls in our debt (often at an absurd rate of interest), regardless of their race.
>>
>>2337144
>I never got why so many of my fellow Christians follow this "Jews are evil because they killed Jesus" mindset
I've never met a Christian like that. Most Christians who DO hate Jews due so for cultural, political or social reasons. theologically speaking the biggest source of conflict between Christians and Jews is the way Jews treat Christ and Mary (who Christians view as God and the Mother of God) in the Talmud as opposed to the fact that they were responsible for Jesus's passion.
>>
>>2337144
It's mostly because Italians are Jews so nobody really could tell the difference back then :^)
>>
>>2337167
>Italians are Jews
>Not Jews are Italians
wrongo, friend. http://italianthro.blogspot.com/2014/03/italian-ancestry-of-ashkenazi-jews.html
>>
>>2337149
Neither have I, in real life. But I've seen them on /pol/, and it's a mindset that confuses me very much.

>>2337176
I think he's just making a joke.
>>
>>2336643
#notallJews
>>
>>2336665
>By their own Law of Moses, that violates Thou Shalt Not Murder
Isn't the definition of murder very specific though? I mean the jews are just doing the will of god as described in the torah in punishing the blasphemous jesus with death. He should have been stoned though instead of crucified.
>>
>>2337144

Stop conflating Catholics with Christians and you'll suddenly get it.
>>
>>2337210
It is. And the God who gave it, expounded on it to them.

Matthew 5
“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

>Raca means empty headed fool
>>
>>2337223
>And the God who gave it, expounded on it to them
You mean the human blasphemer who in his arrogance conflated himself with God?
Anyway taking the verse, in
>angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment
>without a cause
So insulting almighty God by claiming that a mere man is equivalent to God and that God's law is no longer to be followed is somehow not a cause?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.