[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How successful are government founded working programs in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: jumbo.jpg (134KB, 770x557px) Image search: [Google]
jumbo.jpg
134KB, 770x557px
How successful are government founded working programs in the long run? Like building roads, bridges and dams?

Are they really helpfull in solving an economical crisis or are they just a short time improvement of the jobless rate to keep the people happy?
>>
>>2336089

>Are they really helpful in solving an economical crisis or are they just a short time improvement of the jobless rate to keep the people happy?

The answer is yes to both.

They were mostly intended as short-term solutions to keep people employed until the economy improved. And keeping people employed means that those people (and their families) are still spending and paying taxes, etc, which is good for the economy as well.
>>
>>2336089
Both.
But the question is also what you get them working on.

You can have them build a tower to heaven that eventually just falls down - which is shit, but can still help get you out of a rut. Easy enough. But you can also have them build or improve roads, airports, power-plants, etc, all of which will yield returns across their lifetime to improve the economy going forward.
>>
>>2337385
Give me one example of a public works project that was truthfully useless and not "useless". The idea that public spending just results in people digging holes for no reason is a dumb anti Keynesian meme.
>>
File: rothbard.jpg (16KB, 220x318px) Image search: [Google]
rothbard.jpg
16KB, 220x318px
>>2336089
Taxation is theft
>>
>>2337415
I'm not saying one exists, none immediately comes to mind.
I'm saying even a "useless" one would be useful. You could probably make digging holes and filling them back in work so long as you pretended it was valuable soil rotation.
>>
The American System was supposed to do just that. It was very ambitious but during the presidency of John Quincy Adams he didn't get to do almost any of it. What he did was already too expensive. I wouldn't advice going under budget.

As for government programs used to fight economic depressione e.g. New Deal they failed every time.
>>
>>2337421
(((rothbard)))
>>
>>2337503
Oh, no the triple parentheses suggesting Jewish origins. The ultimate argument.
>>
>>2337421
proove it
>>
>>2337519
Libertarianism has traditionally been for the goodest of good goyim.
>>
File: Hayek-1.jpg (47KB, 480x620px) Image search: [Google]
Hayek-1.jpg
47KB, 480x620px
>>2337525
Nice try collectivist bolshevik slave.
>>
File: 1480589634475.png (53KB, 592x535px) Image search: [Google]
1480589634475.png
53KB, 592x535px
>>2337532
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/entries/fdb484c8-99a1-32a3-83be-20108374b985
>literally advised the creation of think-tanks with the sole purpose of shilling disingenuously for his ideas
>haha he won't get away wi--
>In 2007, Scottish journalist Andrew Marr called the Institute "undoubtedly the most influential think tank in modern British history".
>there are now swathes of similar organisations all around the world
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.