[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I doubt it but are there any actual historians, people who study

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: fgjfk.jpg (297KB, 743x964px) Image search: [Google]
fgjfk.jpg
297KB, 743x964px
I doubt it but are there any actual historians, people who study history or archaeology here?

What can you tell me about the path that I have mapped out on here? It leads from a large river and basically out to the middle of nowhere. I note however that a famous sea farer was born up to where the path almost meets

Is it Roman?
>>
>>2335332
What country is this?
When was this picture taken?
Who is the famous seafarer?
>>
>>2335442
>inb4 you've identified it as a roman road full of treasures and will steal the buried goods

Fuck it. England, 1940s, Walter Raleigh
>>
>>2335332
Maybe there used to be a house/settlement in the "middle of nowhere" that used the river for transport/food/water etc. Are you just extrapolating the "road"? What does "road" mean, like remains of a road or a modern one? Was the seafarer born there or buried there?
>>
>>2335512

I'm on my way to get the treasure now OP, see you later.
>>
>>2335512
Devon, huh?

There apparently were Romans in the area but I'm not sure there's enough to conclude that it's their road. You'll have to investigate where the path terminates, look up the specific history for that area, and maybe even call to just ask if there's any Roman walls or such in the area.
>>
File: ghghh.jpg (163KB, 950x487px)
ghghh.jpg
163KB, 950x487px
>>2335594
The Romans went as far as a castle they build in Tintagel, Cornwall.

The 'road' is about 4.5 KM long at its straightest points and then it starts to meander. Red circles are where it starts at the river and ends about 1km from where Walter Raleigh was born
>>
File: hhj.jpg (104KB, 765x299px) Image search: [Google]
hhj.jpg
104KB, 765x299px
Interestingly enough it's marked out on this old OS map

>/his/ helps OP find the treasure
>>
Interesting... My family is from a tiny village in the deep jungles of Guerrero, Mex. My grandmother is a native of mexico and speaks Nahual. I think I will map out the village like you did. I have found a human jaw, whorls, and stone celts while we expanded my grandmothers house. It is said that my uncle lives directly on top of a pyramid that was covered. If I inherit land I'll invite you faggots to unearth it with me.
>>
>>2336295
also is there a name for this type of mapping?
>>
>>2336295
>human jaw
Even in the jungle there is no escape from the cartel
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.