[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Riddle me this Why did Vichy French colonial forces fight against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images (85).jpg (11KB, 202x274px) Image search: [Google]
images (85).jpg
11KB, 202x274px
Riddle me this

Why did Vichy French colonial forces fight against the allies?

It's not like the Germans would have marched down to Senegal
>>
>>2324152
Because they were ordered to and surprise surprise soldiers followed orders. Not the brightest bulbs in the box, shocking i know, but then again they rarely claim to be.
>>
>>2324152
They even bothered to round up the three jews living there and ship them back to europe.

I don't think gestapo would mind very much if they let them be.
>>
>>2324152
Because more often than not their families and friends were still in France. They feared reprisals.
That's why resistance never used their real names as the Nazis would kill or imprison their families.
This is why for example general Leclerc, used the leclerc name and not his real name : Philippe de Hauteclocque.
>>
>>2324152

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sippenhaft

They were afraid of this.
>>
>>2324152
Because Hitler was generally regarded as enemy of foreign oppression.

This is why he's still held in such high regard in the Muslim, Asian and Indian world.

We're told that Hitler was an evil man, but you can tell a story of him of one man who fought against the oppression of his country from global colonial empires.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.