[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell happened in Korea? In the 60's it was one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: south-korea-won-note-2012-11-08.jpg (49KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
south-korea-won-note-2012-11-08.jpg
49KB, 650x433px
What the hell happened in Korea?

In the 60's it was one of the poorest countries with a GDP of ~$79 (even poorer than some Sub-Saharan Africans).
My uncle said he saw kids walking around naked and shitting on the field for fertilizer.
Come the 80's and BOOM! It's now one of the wealthiest and technological country?

From shitting on the field to Samsung. How did it happen and can we use the same technique to fix Africa?
>>
>>2319617
Confucian work ethic.
>>
You cant fix what is born broken, the black race.
>>
Asians are really smart.
>>
>>2319634
This
Asian genes + capitalism + strong national spirit in opposition to PRK = explosion of wealth
>>
Korea might be developed but the average work a day Korean has a pretty shit life.
>>
>>2319617

Geopolitical importance mostly. The US and other western nations invested a shitton in the country because it was the only foothold in a region surrounded by communism. Same principle as Israel in the middle east.
>>
>>2319617
Capitalism
>>
>>2319634
/thread
>>
>>2319617
>How did it happen and can we use the same technique to fix Africa
First you need to get Africans really scared for their lives and dependent on you for survival so they'll do what you say.
Then you need to invest a gorrilion money into them and make sure it's not wasted by corruption
>>
>>2319617
>In the 60's it was one of the poorest countries with a GDP of ~$79 (
Umm no
>>
Because they work themselves to death and have a hivemind. They aren't happy people typically but they have a good global presence.

I've lived here 2 years. Older guy told me they used to get paid LESS for over time. Nobody leaves work until the boss does.

I love the country but it hasn't gotten to where it is now from happy workers.

They're rank 1 in work hours, alcohol consumption, esports, plastic surgery and suicide.

If you go outside of Seoul the people are incredibly kind and giving in my experience.

Though the younger generation is rebeling fucking HARD since more people have higher English ability and travel to western countries if they can. Watching so many Hollywood movies and listening to american music.

None of my friends want to live in Korea. They want to get out. On the other hand they're also incredibly patriotic and proud especially in competition with Japan.
>>
>Step 1: Have a militaristic communist state right next to you that a very big and rich country hates
>Step 2: Be Asian and actually work hard
Bingo
>>
>>2320269
>I've lived here 2 years. Older guy told me they used to get paid LESS for over time. Nobody leaves work until the boss does.
That's Japan, or it was, its better now apparently
>>
>>2319647
/thread
>>
Taking advantage of free market and manufacturing potential.

Using their advantageous imf and wb "developing nation" label to take very large low interest loans out
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.