[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to tell a story that isn't The Heroe's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 320px-Heroesjourney.svg(2).png (20KB, 320x322px) Image search: [Google]
320px-Heroesjourney.svg(2).png
20KB, 320x322px
Is it possible to tell a story that isn't The Heroe's Journey?
>>
File: spiritual epochs.jpg (396KB, 889x1600px) Image search: [Google]
spiritual epochs.jpg
396KB, 889x1600px
>>2319317
sure it is. It's possible to tell whatever kind of story you want.

But that doesn't mean that it will be anything worth remembering, or something that other people will pass along to each other.

Stories which people tend to remember are stories which found a novel new way to express the Hero's journey
>>
>>2319317
Adam and Eve
Cain and Able

Seems pretty easy.
>>
"The Hero's Journey" is a Gnostic, satanic concept.

It is about initiation. There's a reason why Hollywood uses it so much.
>>
>>2319349
/thread
"everything is le hero's journey" is the worst meme in literary criticism.
>>
The Ugly Duckling
>>
>>2319317
Yeah, it just seems people tend to enjoy this model more.

One time I woke and I was late for work. I decided to go back to bed.

That is a story.
>>
>>2319342
Exactly, it's just a formula that works.
>>
>>2319947
Refusal of the call
>>
>>2319959
>it has one part that's similar to the Hero's Journey, therefore it's Hero's Journey!
Another thing that makes this model so cancerous.
>>
>>2319317
Even in "A Hero With a Thousand Faces" it isn't set out to be universe. It also isn't set out so every part has to be present in every story. They are motifs and themes that consistently are found in human story telling and resonate across the ages.

>>2319349
Large portions of The Hero's Journey can be found in both of those.
>>
>>2319959
The red bear is happy. The yellow is sad. The red bear is still happy.

Story with no elements even though this guy >>2319962 is right.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.