[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://infidelcastroblog.wordpress .com/ "As seen thr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: dbjr10fetee-aimee-vogelsang.jpg (2MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
dbjr10fetee-aimee-vogelsang.jpg
2MB, 3456x2304px
https://infidelcastroblog.wordpress.com/

"As seen through the speed with which the transgender liberation movement has broken into the mainstream, the newest axiom of the progressive movement is set in stone. This axiom is best represented through the aphoristic catchcry “born this way”. The idea that a person cannot be blamed for their accidents of birth is approaching a hurdle that the left may be unable not to clear.

"That hurdle is moving beyond demanding the cultural acceptance of queer peoples and communities – the harmless minorities who have no place as honest members of traditional normalism – to demanding a revolution in our attitudes towards those who are of genuine concern to us, but are no more to blame for their predicament than I am for the colour of my skin. Although my arguments can be applied to the broader category of riskful perverts, I am here thinking first and foremost of paedophiles."

Anyone think anything about this?
>>
Tbh there is nothing wrong with fucking children, animals or corpses.
>>
>name references a communist
Of course.
>>
I was checking out my groceries at walmart and the clerk was a really gay black gay. like really gay, wearing a candy necklace and he was really slow. it was like he was too busy being flamboyant to check out my fucking groceries and it took forever. it pissed me off. that's when I started hating gay people.
>>
File: t3_5r7r1x.jpg (106KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5r7r1x.jpg
106KB, 500x506px
>>2315763
Could the progressive argument of "born this way be considered a variation of the naturalistic fallacy? It certainly is fallacious.

The opposition doesn't usually seek to blame someone for an incident of birth, they seek to point out pathologies, whether they are the result of choice or not.
>>
>>2315781

Lol I don't think that means he's a communist
>>
>>2315783

Do you think it was your deep hatred for black people that connected the dots there?
>>
Transexualism is completely different to homosexuality.
Surgery is not proven to help the problem and actually makes suicide rates worse.
Most kids who are diagnosed with gender dysphoria stop believing it when they get older.
For sure these people do exist but the way they're carrying out their current push is fucking with a lot of normal kids.
>>
>>2315788
this was way before I found /pol/
>>
>>2315785

It's not just the right wing, it's the zeitgeist as a whole, including most of the left.

And it's not the naturalistic fallacy because the argument isn't it's natural therefore it's right. The argument is that no one has done anything wrong, therefore we should stop treating certain groups as lesser/bad/wrong/something else negative.

There's also an element of subjectivity in mental health classification, hence the troubles over transgenderism. But this one is pretty clear. These people are certainly mentally ill but we shouldn't hate them for it. Justice aside, it's just not practical. We want them to seek help so they are less of a risk.
>>
>>2315773
You're Canadian aren't you
>>
>>2315792

I've only ever seen people in transition or within years of it. They're positive as fuck about the whole just. They just go on about how much happier they are.

Do you have a source for rates of people changing their mind?
>>
>>2315805
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18194003
This found only 12% had gender dysphoria when they were older. Not a huge sample size though but these people are not that common to be fair.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885
This found a higher rate in suicide.
>>
>>2315835
>these people are not that common to be fair.

youd never know it tho
>>
>>2315835

The first study has a very small sample size but is certainly interesting. The second is terrible news. I'm going to see if there have been any reviews including if later.

Let's assume that the findings of both studies are robust. Should we do more to socially discourage gender reassignment or, given the complexity of the issue and most people's lack of personal or academic understanding of it, should we remain positive and leave it to them and their psychologists?

My instinct is the latter. If for no other reason than to allow these people to move past their ostracism and deal with whatever the hell the gender thing is. If they are mistaken at least it will be their own mistake. The autonomy would probably be a significant enough win to make it worthwhile (apart from the statistical data to explain the issue in the future).
>>
>>2315835
So basically people with gender dysphoria who transition have increased suicide rates compared to people without gender dysphoria and don't transition.
Could we have a study which compares people with gender dysphoria who don't transition against those who do because the way that you're using the study is ridiculous.
>>
>>2315835
>>2315935

Yeah, if it's against the general population then the study is ludicrous. You can't see the impact of the gender reassignment with that comparison.
>>
>>2315973
You'll also see the often repeated statement that 'trans kids shouldn't have their genitals mutilated when they really need therapy and counselling' failing to recognise that in all major western countries that's exactly what happens. I'm honestly not sure if the posters of this shit are just ignorant useful idiots who have never read the study(it's always the same one with the same exact wording accompanying the post) or people who just have a religious hatred and intolerance for trans people.
>>
>>2315786
>this is what leftypol shills want us to believe
>>
>>2315989
>when they really need therapy and counselling' failing to recognise that in all major western countries that's exactly what happens.

The extent of that therapy and counselling and how much the current zeitgeist pressures the counselor to just go along with being forced to proscribe gender reassignment cannot be ignored. It's the same with people and antibiotics even if they don't have a bacterial infection - they just want something done NOW and pressure GPs to act.
>>
>>2316087

Do you have any evidence on counsellors being unduly pressured to recommend surgery?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.