[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Random quick question: does anyone know if any other nations/empires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: china-flag.jpg (15KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
china-flag.jpg
15KB, 800x533px
Random quick question: does anyone know if any other nations/empires attempted to enslave the Chinese? Most of the sources and such that I've read all tackle the issue from the US point of view, but I'm curious if anything has ever happened in terms of the attempted institutionalization in Chinese soil.
>>
>>2314426
I guess maybe the Mongols, the British, the QING dynasty.
>>
>>2314426
The Japanese attempted it. The Spanish planned to try.
>>
>>2314426
'Enslave the Chinese'

Someone's been watching too much Hollywood.

Has anyone in history attempted to enslave 'the Europeans'?

Also nice pretentious misuse of 'institutionalisation'

And the answer is yes a group of sinitic tribesmen from the Yangtze river made everyone surrounding them their bitch and eventually made them think they were part of the Yangtze OGs
>>
>>2314439
Thanks!
>>2314450
Easy there tiger, I was just curious because of the lyrics in the anthem, and that was the correct use of the word "institutionalization" by the by.
>>
>>2314439
>The Mongols

Were sinicized by Kublai Khan, used Chinese generals and Chinese siege tactics for their expansion past Persia

>The Qing dynasty

Other than get their ugly pigtail to be accepted they were also sinicised

>The British

I suppose so, consumerist opium enslavement
>>
>>2314458
>I was just curious because of the lyrics in the anthem

The anthem was written after the Japanese invaded Manchuria and refers specifically to resisting Japanese imperialism.
>>
>>2314426
Kind of Japan through opium addiction. Kind of and less so Britain through opium addiction. Kind of the communists through forced labour. Kind of the Qing through forcing a whole country to get JUST haircuts.
I hope that Brendan Fraiser's career is at the late-Qing stage, but I'm not hopeful.
>>
>>2314499
That clears a lot of things up, thanks anon.
>>2314509
I was iffy if the opium addiction really counted, but I suppose the repercussions were more or less along the same lines as slavery. And Fraiser missed his last chance with the new Mummy so you're probably onto something.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.