[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does any mention of this country cause absolutely massive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 19

File: UK.jpg (111KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
UK.jpg
111KB, 640x480px
Why does any mention of this country cause absolutely massive butthurt on /his/? Does success truly breed jealousy?
>>
brits tend to be a little deluded for some reason

other than that they're ok
>>
Seething inferiority complex due to Britain's vast list of achievements
>>
File: 1431083675117.png (226KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1431083675117.png
226KB, 4500x4334px
>>2314119
>Does success truly breed jealousy?

It does.
>>
>>2314138
I honestly agree to that...
>>
It only causes butthurt among all the laughably delusional britbongs that crowd this board, but then again everything does.
>>
The UK has a massive list of achievements, only a fool or a troll would deny it.

But they were all quite some time ago. More time ago every passing day.

A wealthy and potentially comfortable minor nation with a rich history.
>>
>>2314726
Haha, success really does breed jealousy.

>>2314119
Because the British are probably the most nationalist western european country, so other users feel insulted by their patriotism.

I don't even hate the French or Germans, I love France especially, but every Frenchman I've met has been incredibly bitter towards Britain for no reason.
>>
Serious question: why are Brits on this board so incredibly fat, delusional, and butthurt?

The Brits I know in real life aren't like that.
>>
>>2314738
>Because the British are probably the most nationalist western european country.

Not at all. Just the most unjustifiably so.

The Britbongs WERE great. They entered decline in influence terms around the end of the Second Boer War and have continued the slide ever since. The population appear to be entirely incapable of realising this. Unlike other Euros who, while still intensely nationalist, realise that small Euro states, regardless of their wealth are individually second or third tier nations at best.
>>
>>2314741
You've probably met members of the upper classes, not the chavy rabble that posts here.
>>
>>2314749
When did I say the nationalism was justified? Retard.

>they are still declining
Hardly. Britain has now overtaken France in the size of its economy, and still maintains the 6th largest army in the world.
>>
>>2314769
>Hardly. Britain has now overtaken France in the size of its economy, and still maintains the 6th largest army in the world.

You illustrate the point made very well in offering trivialities like this as evidence of anything other than delusions of grandeur.

The UK is a minor nation. If it were to disappear overnight... Little would change.
>>
>>2314119
Nobody's out to get you, Nigel. It's just banter.
>>
>>2314741
>Serious question: why are Brits on this board so incredibly fat, delusional, and butthurt?

Trying to live in the past. Today's Britain is a mere shadow of the past and irrelevant to other countries they once considered beneath them.
>>
>>2314138
You can literally say that about every nation and people on the planet. I would go so far as to 100% of humanity is deluded in one way or another, including myself.
>>
>>2314119
/his/ is a frog board, thus.
>>
>>2314790
>little would change

I'm not even British and I think that's bullshit.
>>
>>2314825
I'm French(and thus unbiased) and I agree, Britain is well past its glory and nowadays is nothing more than an irrelevant minor nation.
>>
This is a good opportunity to post my Brit-pepe
>>
>>2314790
>>2314816
>>2314827

>little would change if the fifth largest world economy disappeared overnight

/his/ everyone.
>>
>>2314818

Absolutely. Most (developed anyway) countries believe that at some level they have it right and theirs is the best country to live in.

But whereas most think that in terms of standard of living, arts, culture or historical legacy. The Brits still believe they're global arbiters of power. The illusion is maintained by their near devotional agreement with everything Washington (who ARE global arbiters of power) dictates.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if they ever lost that "favourite pet" status with the Americans. It could be a rude awakening.
>>
>>2314119
>Success
>>
>>2314818
Nah.

They are full-stop delusional. Too much of that enlightened isolation fucked with their heads. They are a nation of Bankers that is about to get isolated from the World's largest market, because they were mad a Bangladeshi Muslim was elected to run their only relevant and important city. The entire nation is a joke, and the best part is that they can't hear the rest of the world laughing at them.
>>
>>2314825

On what basis?

When America catches cold, the world sneezes. The same could be said for China, Russia, probably India these days and the EU and OPEC states as blocs.

The UK on it's own? Globally a near irrelevance.
>>
>>2314119
Every relevant country causes butthurt on /his/, because everyone on /his/ is ridiculously butthurt about something or other
>>
>>2314852
>world markets didn't react at all when britain voted to leave

Jesus Christ.
>>
Russians were around 4chan a lot for the American election and kept pushing the Eternal Anglo meme. We're seeing the after effects.
>>
>>2314859

You mean the way they devalued the pound?
>>
>>2314859
Barely anything even happened.

Just a lot of banks and other financial sector companies hinting that they are getting ready to leave UK.

UK lacks enough meaningful consumption or production to actually matter on the World stage. Their strongest assets are all in Trade compared to several of their other peers, which looks great in aggregate indexes like GDP but has little real strategic usefulness.
>>
The UK/US bilateral trade agreement could send Britain's economy skyrocketing, but I don't think it has a chance of succeeding without Nigel Farage leading the delegation. The Trump Administration likes to keep dealings close with people they trust.
>>
>>2314873

What does Britain export that Trump has not promised he will rebuild & protect in the US?

The "bilateral" trade agreement will consist mainly of the remaining UK national assets, principally the Nation Health, being sold to US Corps. Short term cash gain in the billions admittedly but little else.

The UK economy is based on financial services, the USA are competitors in this market, not partners.
>>
File: Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png (4KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png
4KB, 255x170px
>>2314119
>Why does any mention of this country cause absolutely massive butthurt on /his/?

Can't even begin to rival the /our guy/ country.
>>
>>2314119

British Historians in the 18th and 19th centuries were severely intellectually dishonest; and more and more British accounts of places, peoples, and events, when correlated with local histories or from other cultures also observing, the British accounts are wildly distorted.

Of course I am just talking about British Academia being largely dishonest during its Imperial Age. There's a plethora of different reasons why people might not want to discuss the UK.
>>
>>2314891
The US will develop natural gas and shale oil at a breakneck pace under the Trump Administration. With a free trade agreement, they can sell these resources to Britain at wholesale and Britain can distribute it at retail.

The US is about to become an energy exporter. It will need markets to facilitate distribution. The UK is in the perfect position to take advantage.
>>
>>2314926

Umm. Why?

I mean why would any of this make sense?

If the UK were going to remain trade partners with the EU that would make sense, acting as an agent for the USA. But under WTO rules there's nowhere in the world that the UK can sell energy to at retail that the USA can't do for themselves, arguably actually... There are fewer.
>>
Name 1 (one) country that doesn't cause butthurt on /his/
>>
>>2314961
new zealand
>>
>>2314955
Why would the UK not be able to work out deals with EU countries once it has unfettered access to American markets? Everybody likes money.
>>
>>2315029
The UK has nominated to leave the customs union (not just the EU).

It is probably, literally, the last country on earth that will be a be to trade with the EU. The US negotiating a deal of it's own would be easier by several orders of magnitude.
>>
>>2315045
Again, the Trump Administration won't deal with people he doesn't trust. He trusts Farage and the UK. The rest of the EU can either deal with that or get their energy from Putin at extreme markups.
>>
>>2314687
Indeed.
A big reason many today hate the burgers.
>>
>>2315063
Farage has no power whatever in the UK he is not an MP and has no realistic prospect of becoming one.
>>
>>2315063
>The rest of the EU can either deal with that or get their energy from Putin at extreme markups.
They'll just deal with that then.

The US isn't even in the top 10 of the countries exporting gas and oil into the EU, and only exports ~14% of the EU's coal.

Who gives a shit.

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/EU_imports_of_energy_products_-_recent_developments
>>
>>2314841
>But whereas most think that in terms of standard of living, arts, culture or historical legacy. The Brits still believe they're global arbiters of power. The illusion is maintained by their near devotional agreement with everything Washington (who ARE global arbiters of power) dictates.

This.

At any rate, it's going to funny to watch their new "super" carriers (really just one now) in action.
>>
File: Brexoblerone.jpg (111KB, 1095x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Brexoblerone.jpg
111KB, 1095x1152px
>>2314891
>What does Britain export that Trump has not promised he will rebuild & protect in the US?

Chocolate bars?
>>
File: Spoke too soon.jpg (158KB, 1280x668px) Image search: [Google]
Spoke too soon.jpg
158KB, 1280x668px
>>2314926
>The US will develop natural gas and shale oil at a breakneck pace under the Trump Administration.

They were doing that under Obama too until the Saudis stepped in.
>>
File: ireland-flag.jpg (7KB, 520x416px) Image search: [Google]
ireland-flag.jpg
7KB, 520x416px
why is there orange in irelands flag
>>
>>2315317
Less decadent chocolate bars is a good thing to be honest.
>>
>>2314119
Yes. See also: the Jews, America
>>
>>2315333
dutch
>>
File: 1465677975742.jpg (414KB, 1199x858px) Image search: [Google]
1465677975742.jpg
414KB, 1199x858px
>>2314119
Continentals have been more upset than usual in recent months.
>>
File: 1486210983750.jpg (43KB, 318x469px) Image search: [Google]
1486210983750.jpg
43KB, 318x469px
>>2315333
>>2315824
nah the niggers that inhabited the island before hand
>>
>>2314828
>The Seagull has 2 mouths
>>
File: Ignatiev.png (354KB, 526x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ignatiev.png
354KB, 526x700px
>>2316506
>noel ignatiev
>>
>>2315333
Orangemen.
>>
>>2317858
who're they?
>>
>>2314769
didn't the french overtake the british again post brexit?
>>
>>2314119
Fuck off, Lindy.
>>
>>2314840
Underrated post
>>
>>2315333
Because they are moores
>>
>>2314119
I think it is due in part due to how much of the poster base comes from /int/ and has no genuine desire to discuss history here, only wishing to continue their brand of shitposting on a new board. Honestly, it's pretty embarrassing how fixated people are on the British, goes well beyond friendly banter, it's peculiarly deep and unrelenting anal devastation.
>>
>>2319451
Brits singlehandedly ruined /int/ with their retarded general though
>>
>>2319483
Looks like ur a colony now m8 :^)
>>
>>
File: balloons.jpg (205KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
balloons.jpg
205KB, 500x500px
BTFO turkroaches
>>
File: 1481233201369.png (387KB, 1236x467px) Image search: [Google]
1481233201369.png
387KB, 1236x467px
We are the mighty Brits

Fuck you all
>>
>>2315063
>Trump will assume absolute control over the industry.

>He will install an unnecessary middle Agent who has no special market access whatsoever .

>Making yourself dependent on an unstable and unreliable nationalist who lashes out against a new target every day and has no respect for the rules of cooperation is wise.

>Russia who is in dire need of the oil and gas Business revenues suddenly raises the prices on a market where oil and gas are abundantly available. Especially when you factor in the lower Transport costs from russia.

>Loosing your Status as a Center of world finance is a-ok if you become Americas retailer.

>The OPEC-states suddenly stop their price war on everyone who poses as serious threat to their businnes.

>EU bureaucrats and National governments aren't hellbent on raping GB to make an example.

>Risk loosing Scottland and the GBs own oil reserves is okay if you are allowed to distribute daddy trumps oil.

>Farage magically becomes more than a creamy meme dude and is in charge of trade and foreign relations.

Fucking hell real life isn't a Sargon of Akkad rant.

/alt-right economy/ everyone
>>
I am the last person to deny the historical success of British Empire, but are Brits really too delusional to realize that they are currently between a rock and a hard place, and May has to suck Trumps dick in hope of a trade deal?
>>
Jealous of what?
Also: Bulverism fallacy + Appeal to motive fallacy.

Perhaps it's because England:
1. Invited people in
2. Now doesn't want them (can't handle)
3. Joined the world stage
4. Now wants to leave (can't handle)
5. Identified with intelligence + self deprecation
6. Now angry, violent and loud (can't handle criticism and complicated concepts; patience)

Maybe that's why.
>>
>>2314119
The eternal Anglo always seems to manage to win in the long run.
>>
I left the UK several years ago when it was evident that the mongtards were taking over.

Where I live now it is referred to as "monkey island" and i absolutely assure you that nobdy is any any way, shape or form jealous.

The best decision I ever made was leaving.
>>
because perfidious
>>
File: Great Britain tbh.png (1MB, 2000x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Great Britain tbh.png
1MB, 2000x1088px
God is an Englishman
>>
>>2314119
I've noticed a lot of posts talking about British successes and victories are pretty tongue-in-cheek and it's quite obvious that they aren't being serious, yet people seem to lose their shit over it because /his/ doesn't understand the joke. Take this >>2314741 for example. I'll bet it's because the 'Brits' who he sees on this board aren't actually Brits, but /int/ cancer just looking to stir some shit.
>>
>>2314119
>ywn be an Englishman
>yw always be a filthy colonial
>>
>>2321705

you'll be back!
>>
>>2314729
Good thing this is a history board and not a news board then
>>
>>2314757
>chavs
>posting on a history board

lol
>>
File: 1482947793703.jpg (89KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482947793703.jpg
89KB, 768x960px
>tfw England, a fraction of a tiny little island, has given the world more than any country on Earth

>tfw England, a fraction of a tiny little island, invented and popularised almost all of the world's major sports

>tfw England, a fraction of a tiny little island, has won a football world cup, a rugby world cup and is #1 at cricket, as well as being the GOAT at Formula 1, has the most famous Tennis tournament in the world, is great at Golf and one of the best all time nations in the Olympics

>tfw England, a fraction of a tiny little island, has produced more great literary works, more great bands and more great people than any other nation on Earth

>tfw England, a fraction of a tiny little island, has done more for science than any other country on Earth

>tfw England, a fraction of a tiny little island, is the reason the rest of the world isn't still living in mud huts

>tfw we are all right now speaking English

>tfw almost every single person on Earth has to learn English

>tfw you won the lottery of life and were born English
>>
>>2322438

i'm a filthy colonial who live in england.

sort of a weird kind of feel. like being home in some undefinable way, but at the same time not. like being at your grandparents house.

if you're colonial, living in the UK is like being at your grandparents. it's filled with old shit no one uses any more, but they're rich enough to afford all the new gadgets and they complain about everything and never go outside because it always rains but their garden is always very well tended by servants you never see.
>>
>>2322460

tfw pakis are raping english girls on mass and you can't say anything about it or you're racist
>>
>>2322460
I like British humor.
>>
>>2322464
I just feel so jealous.
I'm British diaspora, but I'll never be able to truly be British.
I'll always be an American.
And we won't even join the commonwealth.
>>
>>2314119
>butthurt
From whom? I don't come here often so I don't see this alleged assfracturing. Oh wait - do you mean all those "perfidious Albion" threads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGrxHO-B2TY

>dat fife and drum
>>
>>2314841
Us Americans would never betray our motherland.
We'd side with Britain if the entirety of the rest of the world was against us.
Fuck off, you worthless, jealous frog.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.