[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you agree that contemporary western youth is more complacent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: salute.png (569KB, 797x598px) Image search: [Google]
salute.png
569KB, 797x598px
Would you agree that contemporary western youth is more complacent and conforming ompared to the last few generations? Elaborate why you think either way.
>>
not your personal thesis statement
>>
>>2313876
We are the least conformist generation of all time
>>
>>2313876
Yeah, I think it is a possibility but like a knife cannot cut itself it may in fact be impossible to actually examine the question meaningfully while at the same time maintaining an indifferent attitude toward the subject.
>>
>>2313883
lol
>>
>>2313876
I have anecdotal experience with both conformity and non conformity. I see people who assume roles, adopy identities, etc. I have been guilty pf the same. It seems difficult for me to see the west from a non western perspective. Yet at the same time all life on this planet shares a common ancestor. I am on this planet, and I feel like I inhabit this organism, but I'm not certain. What is the self? Am I in possession of the self?
>>
>>2313883
Right. People in 19th century literally started armed uprisings for what they believed in, modern people just post some bullshit on Facebook and then continue playing with their iphones and watching Netflix for the rest of the day like other normies.
>>
What is culture? What is the meaning of it? Is it mere social cohesion? Or does it have something more occult and profound hidden in its symbology?
>>
>>2313876
yep
one of the reason Im glad we have 4chan, however cringely edgy it might be, its one of the few places where you can talk anything freely without the thought police
nowadays when you have different opinion, people will literally try to kill you
>>
>>2313876
>man, that girl over there is beautiful
>wait, we're doing that salute thing again? shit, I missed it, hope nobody noticed
>>
>>2313876
Only because the big changes have already been made by the past few generations and their state of social upheaval is now the norm, especially on university campuses where boomers fucked everything up in the first place. Western youth are complacent because they have no more battles to fight, since everyone else did it for them
>>
>>2314037
The actual story is that he wanted or merry a jewish girl he fell in love with but was refused.
They tired to flee Germany but were stopped.
They had a child together and she was pregnant with another.
His family was eventually euthenized while he was imprisoned and later was later conscripted and then declared missing in croatia in 1944.
>>
>>2314067
Oh wow, I didn't realize anyone knew who he was.
>>
>>2313986
There is nothing inherently wrong with roles. A role is both limiting and empowering. Up to you to decide if they're worth it
>>
>>2314001
There's literally a 4-year 24/7 camera stream up because some gommunist actor doesn't like Trump, and thousands are visiting the site.
>>
>>2314146
Yeah what a fantastic sacrifice showing your face to a camera and yelling nonsense. Totally comparable with people risking their lives and freedom 150 years ago. Holy shit, what a faggot.
>>
>>2314146
Is there anything lulzy that actually results from that even the pro trump guys that show up aren't as high energy and as funny as i thought they would be. It's almost cult like behavior.
>>
>>2314067
Refused as in refused to merry her by the nazi regime.
>>
File: 32245.png (207KB, 384x404px) Image search: [Google]
32245.png
207KB, 384x404px
complacent? yes. conforming? no.

I would say we have the most complacent generation since the baby boomers, due to the rapid increase in technological comfort devices over the last thirty years, and their effect on people being raised on such an environment.

might literally be the least conformist generation in the history of forever, though, after mr rogers and barney told everyone that they're special growing up. there's a huge focus in individuality in the west that might be unprecedented in human history. sure, you could spout memes and buzzwords about tumblr sheep and stuff but when it comes down to it, highly individualistic culture with large emphasis on personal freedoms, even when sometimes misguided.
>>
>>2314146
How does he figure someone won't take a shit on it?
>>
people are definitely more willing to trade individuality for comfort, safety, and efficacy than they were in the 20th century.

it doesn't really seem like there are social movements anymore, and the ones that are attempted never seem to get off the ground or get anything done.

we are moving more towards conformity than ever before. fashion and trends have changed but societies attitude hasn't changed very much in the past 20 years.
>>
>>2313876
anyone else hate the faggot who sits down during the pledge or whatever?

I mean seriously fuck that guy in this pic.

Fucking edge lord.

Hope he ended up in a camp. Good christ i hate liberals like that.
>>
>>2314067
F A K E N E W S
Like somebody actually tracked down that guy after he was noticed to not be saluting in an old picture but he al so went missing in 1944.
>>
>>2313876

teenagers and people in their early 20s are, for the most part, dumb emotional idiots who are very easily manipulated by much more intelligent old people in power who get them to do their bidding. It was the same with Mao and Hitler as it is today with antifa.

just look at those animals at the Berkeley protest
>>
>>2315148
This. Hell, identity politics could be a result of this. People go out of their way to prove to others they are different from some commonly accepted norm.
>>
>>2314001
Is that bad? Maybe I'm crazy, but not having the government overthrown regularly is pretty nice in my opinion.
>>
Current western youth are extremely feeble-minded and very easily manipulated.
>>
>>2313880
fpbp
>>
>>2315211
Is this satire?
>>
>>2314001
civil wars are not fun

I have an urge in me to follow in the footsteps of revolutionaries before me too. I know what the cost of that is though, so I can't condone it unless there is something extraordinarily wrong.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.