[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the history of Young Earth Creationism? How did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 4603927053.jpg (21KB, 320x312px) Image search: [Google]
4603927053.jpg
21KB, 320x312px
What's the history of Young Earth Creationism?

How did it become such a widespread belief in America?
>>
>>2312797
Same reason the US is so religious. YEC is just a justification to stick to their literal beliefs.
>>
>>2312825
>US is so religious
This is a lie, everyone's either atheist, "spiritual but not religious", or just uses church as a way to socialize/be in touch with their cultural roots
>>
>>2312825
>sticking to literal beliefs is the reason that US is religious
Thanks for saying nothing.
>>
>>2312834
>Me
So religious --> Literal beliefs

>What you said I said
Literal beliefs ---> So religious
>>
>>2312797
>How did it become such a widespread belief in America?
Conservatism.

It was once the default position of Christians, it didn't really "become such a widespread belief" but just didn't decline.
>>
Poor education amongst the lower percentile and the recognition & employment of this by the elites.
>>
>>2312797
Protestantism revolves around the fact that you must take every word in the Bible Absolutely literal as well as a dogmatic law to follow. Somehow, in their minds, this translates to zealously Clinging on to the chronology of the age of the earth devised by some Roman Catholic many centuries ago after trying to interpret it from scripture.
>>
>>2312832
Very true except when talking about the deep south, they legitimately do believe the shit they talk about. Other than that I would say America is mostly non-theist, deist, and/or humanist, which can be expected when you seperate church and state.
>>
>>2312797
Because it's properly in the bible, and everything properly in the bible is true.
>>
>>2313260
James Ussher was the Church of Ireland Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland .... he challenged a Jesuit relative, Henry Fitzsimon (Ussher's mother was Catholic), to dispute publicly the identification of the Pope with the Antichrist.

Roman Catholic?

Yeah, no.
>>
>>2313273
Yes, to the demise of the citizens and the country. Great move. Based on a letter from Jefferson to the Marbury Madison Church, and not in any federalist paper or codified law, ever.
>>
>>2313304
>Irish savage using the works of church fathers
Hmmmmmm.
>>
>>2313318
>church fathers
Hmmmmmm
>>
>>2313305
But oddly enough religion is highly politicized in America today, much more than in your average Eurasian nation. Although the church and state are not nearly as intertwined as they have been for most of human history, religion still comes up quite frequently in American politics today. America has forgotten its religion, but not abandoned it entirely.

As for Europe? God is dead, and we killed him.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.