[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /his/torians, I had a thought about Abrahamic religions,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: abrahamic.jpg (20KB, 361x216px) Image search: [Google]
abrahamic.jpg
20KB, 361x216px
Hey /his/torians, I had a thought about Abrahamic religions, evangelism, and basic theology here.

Converting Jews to Christianity is tough because Christians see Jews as the unevolved form of their religion. Converting Jews to Christianity is tough (other than social and family alienation) because Jews see Jesus as just anudda "messiah." Like wise, Christians have a tough time converting to Islam because revelation ended at John and see Islam (Given that the Quran was influenced by the Bible) as an errant offshoot. Meanwhile, Muslims see Jesus as just anudda prophet and Christianity as their unevolved form. Will there ever be peace?
>>
File: image.png (52KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52KB, 300x300px
>>2312197
>JESUS AS A PROPHET(1/2)
Well, the Bible also see Jesus as a prophet and the Messiah. According to:

John 4:19
“The woman said to Him (Jesus), “Sir, I perceive that You are a """""""prophet"""""".”

John 9:17
“So they said to the blind man again, “What do you say about him, since he opened your eyes?” And he said, “He is a """"""""prophet"""""""".”

Matthew 21:11
“And the multitude said, This is Jesus the """"""""prophet"""""""" of Nazareth of Galilee.”

Luke 24:19
Peter is recorded saying “And He said to them, “What things?” So they said to Him, “The things concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a """""""""Prophet""""""""" mighty in deed and word before God and all the people,
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 357x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 357x364px
>>2312197
>>2312233
>JESUS AS A PROPHET(1/2)

John 6:14
“Then those men, when they had seen the sign that Jesus did, said, “This is truly the """""""Prophet"""""" who is to come into the world.”

Matthew 14:5
“they counted him (Jesus) as a """""prophet"""".”

Matthew 21:46
“they took Him (Jesus) for a prophet.”

Matthew 13:57
“JESUS SAID to them, “A """""prophet""""" is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house.”

See?
>>
>>2312233
>>2312235
He is prophet, priest and king
Not a mere prophet
>>
>>2312239
Exactly, I totally agree.
>>
File: image.gif (15KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
15KB, 500x300px
>>2312197
No, we do not view Jesus as "mere prophet". In the Quran, Jesus was mentioned 25 times while the Prophet Muhammad only mentioned 4 times.

Why would an Arab honor a Jew rather than his own self?

Prophet Muhammad made it possible for 1.6 billion people to believe in Jesus Christ, and to believe he was born miraculously.

Prophet Muhammad go out of his way to protect Mother Mary from false accusations of her enemies.

Why would an Arab to protect a Jewish woman?

Prophet Muhammad honor her with a Chapter in the Quran named after her. Which no books in the Bible was named after her.

Why would an Arab honor this Jewish woman? Rather than honoring his own mother or wife or daughter?

And the Christians says that we're the enemies?

So yeah, we believe that Jesus is NOT a "mere prophet".
>>
>>2312197
Judaism is not an unevolved form of Christianity. It is a new, false religion, having nothing to do with Moses and the prophets.

Jews are a race of vipers and the sons of the devil.

Jesus Christ himself said so. If you don't believe the above you don't believe in Jesus and the bible and therefore you're not a Christian.

Enough said.
>>
I barely know theology but what you typed is all wrong

most jews don't care about christianity or jesus because his personality doesn't fit with the jews were expect and he didn't complete some of their prophecies (as of yet) . some of the jews i've seen on other forums believe that the messiah will be a regular guy and be much more of a warrior king rather than the literal son of God

most christians don't care about Islam or dislike it because its a different culture that did things differently, instead of focusing on jesus, they focus on mohammed. He also did things like carve out an earthly empire which jesus rejected.
>>
>>2312197
It's also hard to convert Jews and Muslims to Christianity because in Judaism and Islam, the punishment for apostasy is death.
>>
>>2312342
nice laughs
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 362x346px
>>2312742
>Apostasy in the Bible

Deuteronomy 13:6-9
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people.

>"It's in the OT"
>Jesus came to FULFILL the Mosaic Law

Matthew 5:17
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

*Tip fedora*
>>
>>2312342
If I may ask, the Jews are still expecting their Messiah, right? The Jews stills haven't receive him, right? Have the Jews giving up on it?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.