[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would the world have looked if the French and American revolutions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1479.png (76KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1479.png
76KB, 300x250px
How would the world have looked if the French and American revolutions failed? Let's assume secularist, deist and Freemasons essentially loose the culture war in this scenario.
>>
>>2310809
We'd be a lot like Muslim countries, but with crosses instead of crescents.
>>
>>2310839
How though? The various states of Europe didn't look like that even then.
>>
Probably something similar to super-religious ex-communist countries like Poland.
>>
The Dutch and British republics would still exist.

I imagine the trend would be a much more gradual trend toward constitutional monarchy, maybe some world wars between the constitutional monarchies and the absolute monarchies.
>>
>>2310852
Do you think the nation state would have inevitably become a thing?
>>
>>2310852
>British republics

>>2310855
yes
>>
>>2310855
Nation states had been becoming a thing since the late middle ages, and the concept was solidified with the Peace of Westphalia, a good while before the enlightenment.
>>
I'd assume less wars desu.

if the church was as influential as it should have been there would have been less ideological struggle and more ass kissing of the pope.
>>
>>2310809
More cakes for the poor?
>>
>>2310809
>starting a thread with this autistic unrelated image

wew
>>
>>2310809
>Let's assume secularist, deist and Freemasons
Fuck sake, /his/.
>>
>>2310809
It would be a paradise, and Europe would still be white.
>>
>>2310809
A lot worse. Only fedoras think the French Revolution was in any way bad.
>>
>>2312149
How was it in any way good? And weren't the fedoras pro-revolt?
>>
>>2312231
Monarchies suck.
>>
>>2312231
Because it paved the way for Napoleon and a lot of good reform. The Bourbon monarchy needed to go for something better.
>>
>>2312250
Who told you to think that?
>>
>>2312387
The homeless dude down the road.
>>
Why did they lose though? Its not like the revolutions succeeded on a fucking coin flip. You don't just change 1 historical event and go off that as everything is interconnected.
>>
>>2310848
The various states of Europe only didn't look like that because of the intellectual movements that ultimately culminated in the American and French revolutions.
>>
>>2312819
Not really. Spain, Portugal, Poland, the various Italian city states weren't really Islamic theocracies with crosses instead of crescent.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.