[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ethnically and racially, Who were the groups that inhabited the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 0260.gif (33KB, 620x475px) Image search: [Google]
0260.gif
33KB, 620x475px
Ethnically and racially, Who were the groups that inhabited the Roman era North Africa and Levant? Were they similar to the current inhabitants of those pleaces or closer to the Romans themselves?
>>
Caucasian in north africa with semitics in carthage, northern egypt was probably a some mix between the two. Hard to say for the levant, lots of different diaspora living in the regions, but not together.
>>
File: berbers.png (1MB, 1344x405px) Image search: [Google]
berbers.png
1MB, 1344x405px
>>2310720
They were Nordic.
>>
>>2310817
WE
>>
>>2310817
>they look like me as a child
>I'm not Nordic
Kys
>>
File: 123454321.png (129KB, 577x304px) Image search: [Google]
123454321.png
129KB, 577x304px
>>2310817
this
>>
>>2310720
Arabs.
>>
>>2310720
The same as now

Likewise modern Turks are descendants of ancient anatolians. Don't believe Enver's autism.
>>
>>2310817
Does Nordic = European? Because some of those look like textbook Slavs.
>>
>>2310720
They were either Punic descended in some of the coastal cities and spoke the Punic language (later African Romance after it had been heavily influenced by Latin) but were mostly Berbers. There was not seen at that time to be one single Berber culture. There was a major perceptual difference between those Berbers who lived near the coastal areas that farmed or lived in towns, and they were heavily influenced by Rome, and those Berbers that lived further south in more tribal setting. Many of these had been forced south out of their traditional grazing lands and so primarily made their income from trading and raiding.
>>
Much of northern Africa was settled by Phoenicians, who were a seafaring Levantine people. So the population at this time would probably be a mixture of Phoenicians and whatever native tribes inhabited the area, likely with lots of inter-mixing between them. Then ontop of that you add a thin skein of Romans, since they will fuck anything that moves.
>>
>>2310832
my proofster senses are tingling
>>
>>2310817
half those "white" kids would be black as moors by the time they are 18.

Most arab kids start off white but years and years of sun, makes them tan/brown. Also all the blonde kids are gonna be bald by the time they are 25. Same deal with Arabs, blonde arab kids exist, but most of them go bald by the time they reach adulthood with their remaining hair turning darker.

Why don't you find some adult pictures of "white" north africans?

>>2310720
north africans were semitic colonialists from phoenicia.
>>
>>2310720
>GUALS
>>
Where's Palmyra on that map?
>>
>>2311639
>the sun burns their skin
>this means they don't naturally have light skin

What am I reading here?
>>
>>2310720
>EMPIRE OF THE GUALS
lmao
>>
File: 1478951829446.png (50KB, 400x237px) Image search: [Google]
1478951829446.png
50KB, 400x237px
>>2312569
>Not knowing about Crisis of the Third Century
>>
>>2312569
Yeah. The Gallic Empire was a thing.

It doesn't imply anything about it being led by Gauls or having any Gallic focus to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallic_Empire
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.