/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would have happened if the 1991 Soviet coup d'état

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: yeltsin_tank (1).jpg (368KB, 1024x855px) Image search: [Google]
yeltsin_tank (1).jpg
368KB, 1024x855px
What would have happened if the 1991 Soviet coup d'état attempt had been successful?

Would the USSR have survived further into the 90's (or even the new millenium)?
>>
Civil war between the hardliners, reformists, and various ethnic nationalists. May well go nuclear.
>>
It'd have survived, but solely as Russia. If they tried to use their crumbling disorganized army against the centralized and Western funded armies of the various break-away states they'd have lost badly. Then it would either be a status quo or America would attempt to topple them once and for all through proxy funding the breakaway states to capture Moscow.
>>
>>2310675
>If they tried to use their crumbling disorganized army against the centralized and Western funded armies of the various break-away states they'd have lost badly.

Doubtful.

It would be bloody certainly, perhaps nearing what the Chechen Wars were, but with NATO unwilling to actually step in, Russia would eventually win out over the smaller nations it neighbors.

Estonia, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, none could stand up to Russia on a military stance, western supplies or not.
>>
File: USSR_population_density_map_1982.jpg (239KB, 1470x1024px) Image search: [Google]
USSR_population_density_map_1982.jpg
239KB, 1470x1024px
>>2310693
You really think Russia alone could win against all the breakaway states at once, who had NATO funding/arming and were united under their own nationalist agendas vs a Russia that was in a state of quasi civil war with itself? Something tells me Ukrainians who knew they were fighting for a free and independent Ukraine would win out against Russians who didn't know whether they were fighting for democracy, Russia, communism, the soviet union, a Tsar and didn't know who they were receiving orders from.

Russia doesn't have any advantage in this scenario, the USSR's population was 290,938,469 people, the RSFSR's population was 147,386,000, meaning they were equal, population wise, to the breakaway states.
>>
>>2310734

Taking back the Ukraine, probably not, it's why I didn't mention it.

All at once, probably not, but they don't have to take them all at once.

In a series of wars, starting at Estonia, then Latvia, then Lithuanian, then Belorussia, then (skipping over Ukraine) onto Georgia and so on, I can easily imagine Russia rebuilding the USSR over the course of the 90's.

Again, bloody, but at least possible in my mind.
>>
>>2310734
>>2310749
Why is it Russia rebuilding the USSR?
The RSFSR was the main republic to breakaway.
If anything it would be Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan attacking Russia.
>>
>>2310770
>Why is it Russia rebuilding the USSR?

In a alt-history where the Gang of Eight hold onto power? You bet your ass it's Russian conquests all over again.
>>
>>2310749
The thing is, it isn't a Japanese martial arts film, they don't come at Russia one by one, they'd all attack at the same time and Russia would get rekt. The baltics would quickly seize Leningrad, the Ukrainians and Khazaks would link in the Caucasus, and that's assuming various Tartars, Cossacks and Chenyans don't go full warlord.

>>2310770
That would be even more ludicrous.
>>
>>2310784
>they'd all attack at the same time

>Estonia
>Latvia
>Lithuania
>Belorussia
>Georgia
>ANY OF THESE CAPABLE OF OFFENSIVE OPERATIONS AGAINST RUSSIA\

Never

I might give you a Ukranian offensive in the Caucasus, but I honestly can't see them taking the chance without Russia throwing the first gauntlet.
>>
>>2310792
This isn't daddy Putin's Russia, this is a country being couped and counter couped left and right, first they were the USSR, then they saw Gorbachev sign it's dissolution and now you're asking them to reclaim the Soviet republics, do you think these soldiers have any kind of organisation? They don't even know who the Premier is.
>>
>>2310667
What's going through this guy's mind?
>>
>>2312143
Symbolism. He pretends to express shame for going against the own civilian population with a tank.
>>
Same thing as happened with 1917 Bolshevik coup.

Soviet Union died when the Jews left for Israel. After that it was nothing but terminal care for couple of decades. The Reagan push finally crushed the at-that-point Russian hegemony, after which slight freedom of thought was allowed and boom, supressed nationalities all went to their own directions (Russians of course would wanted to keep the Big Russian Union intact, just like the referendum tells).
Jews funded (and managed all intelligent operations and positions) all revolutionary groups prior to revolution and October coup, as they did for every Bolshevik organization after they took power. When the driving force leaves and nothing but Slavic shit remains, it's the end.
>>
>>2312183

>Pretends

The lynchings were pretty bad for the young soldiers
>>
>>2310667
We only wanted to keep the USSR because of territories and power projection, that's why many of us miss it. Nobody misses fucking communism.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.