[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For real though, how did Aristotle come up with so many bizarre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Stotle.jpg (27KB, 375x450px) Image search: [Google]
Stotle.jpg
27KB, 375x450px
For real though, how did Aristotle come up with so many bizarre claims (i.e. women have fewer teeth than men, flies have 4 legs, etc.)?
>>
>>2310071
The successful eruption of wisdom teeth is dependant on a number of factors, such as level of nutrition. Some societal thing probably resulted in women having fewer wisdom teeth eruptions, and he made the then-reasonable assumption that women just had fewer in general.
>>
>>2310071
>Lmao science is just thinking in a room and claiming whatever shit you spout is true, without checking

He was retarded
>>
>>2310089
This, why didn't we trust Democritus?
>>
>>2310089
You are retarded,he was the first actuall scientist and the only reason he was mistaken is lack of measurement tools and the bias of his time period, he wasn't perfect because the empirical system was only beginning to develop in the collective concious of humanity,but as someone who is quoted with "I say apparently,for the actual facts are not yet sufficiently made out. Should further research ever discover them, we must yield to their guidance rather than to that of theory; for theories must be abandoned,unless their teachings tally with the indisputable results of observation"
He is the first in line of science realizing that all it does is perfecting theories to further preciseness through test and observation, first there was Aritotle then there was Galilleo,first Newton then Einstein, kids these days need to learn how to appreciate brilliance and history.
>>
>>2310775
t. featherless biped
>>
>>2310864
Get back to your jar Diogenes the grown ups are talking
>>
>>2310071
Sexist fucks aren't known their intelligence.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.