[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did warlike societies like Vikings and Mongols that engaged in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 15002811ca184e1d3f0d1eab0456e02a.jpg (318KB, 1545x882px) Image search: [Google]
15002811ca184e1d3f0d1eab0456e02a.jpg
318KB, 1545x882px
Did warlike societies like Vikings and Mongols that engaged in raiding, looting and rape feel any remorse over their actions? Or is universal compassion for all humans beings and respect for human life a social construct that developed later on?
>>
Yeah, and did Mongol kids get really excited on Christmas eve? And did they have summer break where they didn't have school and could just ride bikes with their friends?
>>
>>2309235
Super edgy.
>>
>>2309390
How is that edgy? You're the one who wants to roleplay as a remorseless Viking.
>>
>>2309228
they probably just thought of it as the way things ought to be and shrugged any moral implications off
like we do with modern slave labor to supply ourselves with cheap choes
>>
>>2309396
No he is not. He's asking a question and your answer was as edgy as it gets. Quite embarrassing to be honest.
>>
>>2309417
>He
Yeah ok. How the fuck is anyone supposed to know what the Mongols feelings were? It's a retarded unverifiable question with no meaningful answer
>>
>>2309228
no.
Which is why i laugh my ass when i hear people talk about "universal human goodness" and how "all cultures considered certain(read: my western post-christian morals) acts bad"
>>
>>2309228
You have to distinguish between people in Norse and Mongol cultures who actively engaged in raids and everyone else. Even non-warlike cultures throughout history had some subsection of society, usually at the borders or frontiers, that had a raiding culture.
>>
>>2309428
Cultural norms can be documented in writing, OP is essentially asking if there where norms of empathy when it came to war victims and the acts of pillaging and raping in societies like the ones he mentioned. Stop being contrarian for the sake of it.
>>
>>2309454
>Cultural norms can be documented in writing
Mongols didn't even have a written script until 1200 AD. He didn't ask for written sources. fuck off
>>
>>2309228
It was "universal compassion" which drove them, the fact that you extend your love to all humans instead of just your tribe is arbitrary, it is because it is easy for you, you can afford to be moral. You don't necessarily have to kill or die yourself.
One day I suppose this universal compassion will extend beyond humans, perhaps to our unborn babies in a million years.
Seriously though, wealthy people are usually animal rights activists and environmentalists.
The easier it is to be moral the more likely you'll be moral. It's the ones who have nothing but care for the tribe and beyond that are truly moral.
>>
>>2309428

This is the answer I'd expect from the cleaning lady. You're seriously retarded.
>>
>>2309480
Explain that shit with wealth and moral...
Why are so many rich people "communists", not die hard communist, but those meme "feelgood" commies that talk about solidarity and eat caviar, caviar communists..
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.