[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fa/tg/uy looking for world building material I'm making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: o shit get da watuh.jpg (79KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
o shit get da watuh.jpg
79KB, 750x500px
fa/tg/uy looking for world building material

I'm making my world off of 1800s era tech, more specifically 1830s. I was wondering if any of you guys had some reading material on this decade (or near of).
Also I am in dire need of resources on occupations, stuff like how many people were this or that and how many X professions you'd see in a town of Y people.
>>
play victoria 2
>>
File: new york.jpg (170KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
new york.jpg
170KB, 1440x1080px
I'll bump with a question: how the hell did we get roads so right where 6 cars can travel on this street perfectly side by side?

>>2308434
>>>/v/
>>
File: tfw fat.gif (15KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
tfw fat.gif
15KB, 633x758px
>>2308406
>fa/tg/uy

fat guy
>>
>>2308406
Fuck off back to your cancerous board ASAP you shitstain
>>
>>2308406
Read about Victoria era Britian
>>
>>2308406
>'m making my world off of 1800s era tech, more specifically 1830s.
Why? What technology do you imagine ONLY existed in the 1830s and not before or after? This is how you can tell someone is just aping the style of something else. Why is the year 1830 significant? Why can't it be 1828? Come on dude
>>
>>2308406
People on this board don't read, they watch youtube videos and then go on an argue on internet thinking they know shit.

Just google some random article on industrial revolution or read the wikipedia article on it. With the professions just guess, its not that hard.

You can assume that half/two thirds of every city were pleb, so they required lesser attention. If you have shoemaker for example in a city of 1000. You need a good shoemakers to make shoes for the patrician part of the city. A person needs new shoes lets say twice every year. Shoes take couple of days to make. By few simple magic you can come to the conclusion, that shoemaker can serve 91 people of he works day and night. He probably won't, so lets make it 60 on average. And for the poor half of town, you just ~triple that, and you can say that poor shoemaker makes shoes for 200 people. By some more simple math you can assume that there would about 10 shoemakers in a city of 1000.
It doesn't really take any special knowledge, you can just guess most of the stuff.
>>
>>2308823
>magic
fuck i meant math
>>
This website focuses on the 19th century everyday life in London; you can find transcripts of historical texts, maps etc https://www.oldbaileyonline.org/
As for books:
E.P.Thompson: The making of the english working class
Boring but thorough English Industrial Cities of the Nineteenth Century: A Social Geography by Richard Dennis.
Good luck
>>
>>2308879
also, check this website http://www.victorianweb.org/victorian/history/work/index.html
>>
>>2308879
>>2308918
Thanks man
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.