[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We were following orders! Does carrying out tasks at the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

>We were following orders!
Does carrying out tasks at the responsibility of a superior authority make you innocent, no matter if these tasks are against ethics?
>>
Why is defending the white race against ethics?
>>
depends on the orders. if you're like a delivery guy for a secret installation developing a terrible new weapon that kills tons of civilians but you had absolutely no idea what was going on inside you probably shouldn't be held to the same account as the guy who actually used the weapon
>>
It's a bullshit copout. The fault lies as much on the man who pulled the trigger as the man who gave the order, and the man who relayed it down the line without question.
>>
File: MagnumSuicide.jpg (71KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
MagnumSuicide.jpg
71KB, 500x461px
>>2307780
If you're rebellious against your superior, you might get killed yourself, not to mention the other soldiers may or may not think the same as you do.

So no, it's generally not a good idea to disobey even if you think the superior's actions is morally wrong.

Actually you yourself, as the soldier are pretty much forced to do it, there's really not much you can do to say no.

Pic related, what every soldier wants to go through in ethical situations.
>>
>Does carrying out tasks at the responsibility of a superior authority make you innocent

Some could argue yes... but realistically no since we are cognitive humans who have the ability to chose.

It also depends on the extent of the task given. Rape and murder would surely be much worse than burning and raiding a village.... so in this case not enough information is given.

Also, if we were to be killed or tried and executed for treason if we disobeyed orders, then there is no case of ethics here, since again, it requires the ability to choose.

So I stand with the answer of - depending on the circumstance, but in most cases no, you are guilty.
>>
>>2307780
In a facist/totalitarian society, yea kinda. Depends on the order or the job.
>>
>>2307780

If your orders are inequivocally wrong in a moral sense then they should be outlined as such in the codes of conduct of the military in question. It is your duty to disobey them, as the goals and principles of your institution come before orders of any kind. Honor and such.

If your military does not have such principles, you either knew and didn't care, or you were compulsed into it, which in both cases means you were wrong to get into this situation to begin with, you allowed yourself to be used inmorally.
>>
>>2307780
I would say yes, if you don't follow orders you are likely to be imprisoned or executed.
You can not blame someone for doing such a thing when they had no true choice.
>>
>>2307887
Yes because conscription doesn't exist you mong
>>
>>2307780
While the phrase "I was only following orders" has been repeated (ad nauseum) as illustrating immorality of the Nazis in the context of the holocaust - you should be aware that it was a legitimate legal defense at the time, only overturned by the Nuremberg trials.

So it's not like they were being cocky, it was an actual defense that used to be a standard plea for subordinates, and had been reaffirmed after WWI.
>>
Krauts deserved it - Englishman
Fuck gooks - American
Had to follow orders - German
>>
>>2307792
This human nature makes you obedient. You would with all do likelihood have pulled the trigger yourself if you had been in the German army.
>>
>>2307780
>superior authority
spooks, son.
>>
>>2307831
>rape
>worse than burning someone's home and stealing all they own

Really now?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.