[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How exactly did the development of agriculture change the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

How exactly did the development of agriculture change the ancient world?
>>
>>2303032
People could start settlements, retard
>>
>>2303890
This. You could stay in one spot and form communities. You also had more time for other stuff.
>>
People didn't have to worry about having to find food and could focus on more complex tasks which is how professions are created
>>
File: 1471978587897.png (74KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1471978587897.png
74KB, 412x351px
>you will never fuck farm and drink all day in a communal proto civilization, right before the priest and warrior castes started cucking everyone
>>
File: Indus Valley Map.gif (65KB, 533x374px) Image search: [Google]
Indus Valley Map.gif
65KB, 533x374px
>>2303032
It literally marks the beginning of human civilization as we know it. If you're asking for school, and you can't intuit/reason out your own bullshit answers to this question independently there is already no helping you anon.

But if you're just asking out of genuine interest good on ya, I love talking about the ancient world. Indus valley civ is best ancient civ just for all the sweet sweet mystery.
>>
File: hellenic marble bust.jpg (206KB, 800x943px) Image search: [Google]
hellenic marble bust.jpg
206KB, 800x943px
>>2304022
>you will never starve to death from a single crop failure or have no one to protect you when an unsettled tribe comes around and steals your food, kills you, and rapes your wife

the palace economy was invented for a reason, settled peoples need a military elite to protect them from foreign aggression and dangerous animals, and someone to store surplus so they don't get wiped out by a single bad year.
>>
>>2304201
>this map is from approximately 7000 years after the start of agriculture
why did it take so long to reach this point
>>
>>2304215
Today's crops =/= crops from 10,000 years ago. The plow wasn't even invented until 1000 AD, a farmer would be lucky to afford a shitty bronze hoe, everything is being done by hand, there was next to no knowledge on techniques like crop rotation or proper soil care, 95% of the population had to farm to feed everyone in a small village, it was fucking tough.
>>
File: Capture2.png (2MB, 1001x853px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
2MB, 1001x853px
>>2304215
I wasn't trying to provide a map of the beginning of agriculture, just an interesting period representative of the civilization I mentioned which I happened to have lying around.
Are you asking your question relative to another civ's achievements, and to what achievements exactly are you referring when you say "this point" ?

>>2304209
solid point, the priests/scribes and warriors havve been cucking everyone everyday since the dawn of civilization, but by that very same token they are integral to the way human society functions in the first place.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.