[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about Saudi Arabia, /his/. I heard they're part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: george-bush-king-fahd.jpg (65KB, 700x486px) Image search: [Google]
george-bush-king-fahd.jpg
65KB, 700x486px
Tell me about Saudi Arabia, /his/.

I heard they're part of the reason why everything in the Middle East is so fucked right now.

Is it true?

How far back do US/Saudi relations go?

Please try to keep the 25 year rule in mind.
>>
>How far back do US Saudi relations go
Since 1932 when the area became 'Saudi Arabia', the US was among the First Nations to recognise their rule and struck a deal called the American-Arab alliance with them in 1932 and this alliance is still in place to this day.
>>
>>2302951
Wahhabi ideology is the kernel from which extremism grows in Islam. The religion is shit but not every interpretation is as bad as Wahhabi/Salafi ideology.
>>
Saudi Arabia more or less won the contest to be the cultural leader of the Sunni world after Egypt got rekt by Israel the third time during the Yom Kippur War.

As a related result, secular nationalism started to wane in the Middle East, and the void was filled with Wahhabism.

Saudi Arabia is the world's main exporter of Wahhabism, and is directly responsible for turning Pakistan and Indonesia into the shitholes they are today, and for creating cancer everywhere where Sunnis exist.

In places where Shia exist, it's Iran doing the cancer.

Don't let anyone tell them they're less cancerous, by the way. There are less Shia than Sunni, but they're both about as bad pound for pound.
>>
>>2302951
The biggest thing to remember is that the House of Saud is considerably more liberal than the rest of the population, its attempts at modernization have been opposed by the majority of the population, and the king gets whispered as being a puppet whenever he pardons an apostate.

When you remember that, everything involving them starts to make sense.
>>
>>2302951
wahabites
theyre behind isis
strategic ally of us because they have oil
theyre basically backup after iran revolted from being our oil bitch only this time we didnt overextend ourselves by putting a puppet in control
>>
>>2302973
House of said is not a monolith

They may be more "progressive" on average than the average population but remember for every technocrat that is okay with women appearing on TV without niquab there are 3 throwing money at insane salafi clerics
>>
>>2302992
Is it really that beneficial to keep such a grip on the people? Or is it just stalinist paranoia?
>>
>>2302966
this actually
>>
>>2303010
Saudi royalty and the cleric class are supposed to marry each other apparently.

One half does cocaine and goes on booze binges the other half truly believes in spreading Salafism globally
>>
>>2302951
Less the arabia part and more of the Saudi part. The Sauds fucked over Islam for money.
>>
File: Ibn Saud.jpg (10KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
Ibn Saud.jpg
10KB, 274x184px
>>2302951
Their founder was pretty fucking awesome: Ibn Saud literally established the kingdom Genghiz Khan style by riding around with his army of mounted riflemen and clobbered the emirates of the Peninsula together medieval style...in 1920.

>mfw their modern military is uber pussy.
>>
Most of the 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia.

Most of the American oil ruling class is locked in a ferocious homosexual 69 with the Saudi oil ruling class.

Trump bans a buncha Muslims but leaves the Saudi 9/11 hijacking country alone.

Did you do the math yet?
>>
>>2304672
trump did 9/11?
>>
>>2302951
read this OP, its all you need to know

https://fas.org/irp/eprint/iraqi/wahhabi.pdf
>>
>>2303022
Isn't the family like 1000 people because of the many wives each guy has?
>>
>>2304672
Trump is a money grabber. We already know this.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.