[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /his/ know of any other Polish Heros? >In 1940, Pilecki

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Witold Pilecki.jpg (413KB, 652x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Witold Pilecki.jpg
413KB, 652x1037px
Does /his/ know of any other Polish Heros?

>In 1940, Pilecki presented to his superiors a plan to enter Germany's Auschwitz concentration camp at Oświęcim (the Polish name of the locality), gather intelligence on the camp from the inside and organize inmate resistance.[14] Until then, little had been known about how the Germans ran the camp, and it was thought to be an internment camp or large prison rather than a death camp. His superiors approved the plan and provided him with a false identity card in the name of "Tomasz Serafiński".[16] On September 19, 1940, he deliberately went out during a Warsaw street roundup (łapanka) and was caught by the Germans, along with some 2,000 civilians (among them, Władysław Bartoszewski).[16] After two days of detention in the Light Horse Guards Barracks, where prisoners suffered beatings with rubber truncheons,[17] Pilecki was sent to Auschwitz and was assigned inmate number 4859.
>>
and then what happened to him?
>>
>>2302897
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J76gQB4UDz4
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoni_G%C5%82owacki
>>
>>2302882

>Does /his/ know of any other Polish Heros?

me
>>
>>2302897
escaped from the camp
arrested and executed by the soviets after the war because he didn't support them
>>
>>2302882
He is good looking.
>>
>>2302897

Gassed six times
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 250x95px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 250x95px
SOLDIER IN HELL,
OR A HERO IN PRISON?
HIDING IN AUSCHWITZ, WHO KNOWS HIS NAME?
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 365x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 365x446px
Władysław Raginis, also known as "The Polish Leonidas".

During the battle of Wizna in 1939 his forces were able to hold off the Germans for 3 days, despite being outnumbered 40-1 and having no air, artillery, or tank support. Out of his force of 800, 716 were killed and 20 were captured. Raginis, badly wounded, refused to surrender, instead commuting suicide by throwing himself onto a live grenade.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wizna

The Polish may have been swiftly defeated by the German and Soviet forces, but it certainly wasn't for lack of trying.
>>
File: 4L_yEvzqFLR.jpg (52KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
4L_yEvzqFLR.jpg
52KB, 600x400px
>>2302897
Soviets put a bullet in him

be careful my /greatestally/, slavaboos and wehraboos here get assmad at Polan STRONK posters. god speed
>>
>>2304957
>40-1
thats just the song name, because 52-1 isnt as catchy

>42,200 against 800
>>
>>2305014
"Baptized in fire, fifty to one" would be better. But I guess forty sounds better.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.