[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any intelligent books written on the nature of faith? They can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

Any intelligent books written on the nature of faith? They can be critiques of faith, or argue in favor of it, I just want to look at this beyond the typical arguments of "Yee haw I love god" and "All people who believe in god are stupid and reddit is the best!"
>>
>>2283626
Most arguments for faith aren't "Yee haw I love god."
>>
>>2283626
You might enjoy C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity".

You would also profit from knowing what faith actually is.

Faith is the human ability to believe what you have not personally seen. Everyone has faith, and everyone uses faith. It's not the possession of or use of faith that is critical in religion; it's the object of that faith.
>>
Augustine's Confessions
Kierkegaard's works like Fear and Trembling
>>
File: fedoralords.jpg (105KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
fedoralords.jpg
105KB, 500x666px
>>2283647
>Most arguments for faith aren't "Yee haw I love god."
wha... sure they are, r-right guys?
>>
File: mlady.jpg (190KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
mlady.jpg
190KB, 1067x800px
>intelligent books written on the nature of faith?
>>
>>2283626
Keeping an open-mind is intelligent. There could be a god and that god could be a slimy snake or frog.
But it's reasonably, sanely and intelligently unlikely there is a god as described in any boy's bible. They are written by inadequate, insecure guys who have to believe the first child on earth was a guy: when it was likely a girl and she grew up and birthed an inadequate male child, that had to believe he was first.
There are no males more pathetic than religious guys. Especially islam, which seems to be a rape and pedophile culture. The christians are mostly only a pedophile culture.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.