[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the Spanish actually have a badass military history? Because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: image014.jpg (41KB, 435x480px) Image search: [Google]
image014.jpg
41KB, 435x480px
Do the Spanish actually have a badass military history? Because I was reading about how The Blue Division was so badass that Hitler ended up trashing a plan he had to overthrow the Spanish Government and replace it with someone more loyal (subservient) to him because he thought it would devolve into a brutal guerrilla war

and I also remember stories about how brutal they were to the Napoleonic forces that invaded them.
>>
Don't expect a positive answer, this place is known for the hate for anything spanish.
>>
>>2283236
yeah everyone was very impressed by the blue division, although maybe it had to do with everyone but them being tired of the war at that point

also the tercios were the most feared military force in europe for 200+ years
>>
>>2283236
Blue division was a propaganda meme.
>>
>>2283236

The Germans had trained and supported the Spanish nationalists in the Spanish civil war so there was likely more cohesion than with other foreign units. It's why they were absorbed into the Wehrmacht and why many stayed to fight even after Franco ordered their return to Spain.
>>
>>2283236
Every country except Austria and few others can claim a glorious military history if you cherrypick. Said this I would say that Spain has had a pretty great military record by every measurable standard.
>>
>>2283236

>Because I was reading about how The Blue Division was so badass that Hitler ended up trashing a plan he had to overthrow the Spanish Government and replace it with someone more loyal (subservient) to him because he thought it would devolve into a brutal guerrilla war

Did you read that in le Daily Mail?
>"Hmm, I think I'm gonna invade Spain because reasons and place somebody in power"
>"Hmmm, actually, on second thoughts, like not, because the Blaue Division is really badass"

Also, nobody cares about that division.

t. Spaniard
>>
File: spanish civil war.png (85KB, 543x448px) Image search: [Google]
spanish civil war.png
85KB, 543x448px
>>2283639
>nobody cares about that division.
t.Rojelio Iglesias
They are heroes.And you belong to the paredón puto Rojo
>>
File: IMG_0072.jpg (282KB, 1265x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0072.jpg
282KB, 1265x1920px
All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting.

When I see an actual flesh-and-blood worker in conflict with his natural enemy, the policeman, I do not have to ask myself which side I am on.

There are occasions when it pays better to fight and be beaten than not to fight at all.

George Orwell, Homage to Catalonia
>>
>>2283236
>do the absolute madmen who fucking annihilated an entire continent and a half and then proceeded to brutally rule over them for hundreds of years have a badass military history
What do you think OP?
>>
>>2283426
>3 threads a day about how Cortez did nothing wrong
>hates the Spanish
No
>>
>>2283236
>Hitler wanted to replace Franco with the Spanish commander of the blue division. Quick reminder that Hitler greatly helped Franco during the Spanish civil war, and wanted him to enter WW2 in exchange. However there was no deal, and Franco only sent a volunteers division which was integrated into the Wehrmach.

Now when Franco heard about the plan to remove him, he called back the Blue Division's commander , bought him and promised him a ministry. It worked.
>>
>>2283236
They kept getting rekt time after time by the fucking Portuguese, they couldn't have been that good.
>>
>>2283886
Wut? We had like 2 wars against them, 3 if you count the Napoleonic invasion and we won the one that mattered

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Alc%C3%A2ntara_(1580)
>>
>>2283886
Here come the albertos
>>
>>2283886
Portugal lost the 100YW, 3 fernadine wars,the Castillian civil war,the war of Portuguese succession,the war of 1776,the war of the oranges and the invasion of 1807. What the fuck are you talking about.
>inb4 Alpujarra
>inb4 the fantastic wars that had literally 0 battles and all the deaths were due poor logistics and diseases
>>
> Columbus goes to ask for funds for the America voyage to the Portuguese
> They refuse
> He fallbacks to Spain.
> Enables the largest empire ever

Fucking kek.
>>
>>2283519
>It's why they were absorbed into the Wehrmacht and why many stayed to fight even after Franco ordered their return to Spain.
They fought in the battle of Berlin too. One of the soldiers inside Hitler's bunker was one of them, the others were deployed near some public building.

>>2283886
Hello João
>>
>>2283236

The blue division was formed by:

>volunteers
>People that already went throught a war that involved a shit load of things(like freezing or urban combat in Toledo)
>Had the equipment and faced an enemy that needed 2 years to get his shit together.

If you think about it... it couldn't have happened in any other way.
>>
>>2284409
>Had the equipment and faced an enemy that needed 2 years to get his shit together.
That's why at Krasny Bor they fought without anti tank equipment and won.
>>
>>2284414
The soviet union don't have a good history at using tanks before the Kursk battle(see FInland)
>>
File: 1484919833299.jpg (149KB, 1080x1288px) Image search: [Google]
1484919833299.jpg
149KB, 1080x1288px
>>2283236
Yep, he didn't want to suffer the "spanish ulcer" like Napoleon.
>>
>>2283426
/his/ is known for hating everything retard

>Waaah stupid anglos ruin everything they touch
>I FUCKING hate Germany they ruined Europe
>WE WUZ KANGZ
>WE WUZ ROMANS
>WE WUZ HWAN
>Dumb Amerisharts
>Poo in loo
>EMU'D
>I FUCKING HATE /POL/
>REEEEEE STUPID LEFTY-/POL/
>>
The Blue Division was, by many accounts, the best infantry division on either side in the European War.
>>
>>2284427
Still, 4.500 spaniards with no heavy guns or support defeated 44.000 russians, 100 tanks and 800 cannons. Pretty impressive.
>>
File: azul.jpg (80KB, 472x720px) Image search: [Google]
azul.jpg
80KB, 472x720px
>>2284516
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcO3xrKgS1c
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.