[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there any realistic chance that the USSR could have won the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1481695256323.png (157KB, 480x459px) Image search: [Google]
1481695256323.png
157KB, 480x459px
Was there any realistic chance that the USSR could have won the cold war? Or at the very least survive to its present day in a somewhat thriving state?

Would it needed Stalin to order a commie push right after the 2nd war ended straight to the Atlantic? Bresniv needing to not be a complete retard? Gorbachev to be more of a hardliner or glasnot policies being enacted sooner rather than later?

How many factors would need to be changed for that to occur in a realistic fashion?

Asking out of general curiosity and interest in this.
>>
>>2282394
If Yuri Andropov had more time to live I think he could have saved the USSR
>>
>>2282394
Stalin was a retard and demanded Allies to open second front. If not for the western front, he would have 'liberated' the europe alone
>>
The Cuban Missile Crisis came to my mind when I saw this thread. Khrushchev had the chance to strike since JFK started the whole paranoia thing by putting US nukes in Italy and Turkey. Fuckboi Mao and the commies love it, JFK met heavy objections from members of the UN. And to further back this up, JFK had already denied a cool down period suggested by the UN, while Khrushchev happily accepted the offer. Khrushchev and many others knew Kennedy was naive and inexperienced, so why not go for it?
>>
>>2282394
The Cold War was one that could only be won by attrition. Due to geography and population size, neither power could reasonably unseat the enemy in a traditional, non-nuclear war.

The Soviets were waiting for the global system of capital to collapse. The Americans were waiting for the rickety Soviet government to implode upon itself. The latter happened first, due to Reagan's unintentional brilliance of forcing the Soviets to bankrupt themselves in an arms race they could not win.
>>
>>2283373
>Reagan
> unintentional brilliance

I think you mispelt "serendipitous dementia".
>>
>>2283384
Same thing, really.

He thought that a hot war was eminent, so he demanded 1950s-style containment policies and a military strong enough to fight the Russians in Europe or Asia. A war was the last thing the Russians wanted, but Reagan's chest-pounding caused internal distress and financial insolvency that eventually brought down the Soviet civilization.
>>
>>2282394
>Was there any realistic chance that the USSR could have won the cold war?

Of course.
>>
File: 44e.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
44e.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>2282394
but they did
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.