[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yeah let's just have our light cavalry charge straight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

>yeah let's just have our light cavalry charge straight at a russian artillery battery

Why does the Anglo have such an awful record in land warfare?
>>
>>2280969
True gallantry.
>>
>>2280969
Clearly Lord Cardigan was of Polish descent
>>
>>2280969
misunderstood order, the heavy brigade that day performed excellently, and what is overlooked about the light brigade is that insane as the charge was they did manage to drive on through to the guns they were charging at and saber the gunners

other notable instances of british units charging due to unclear or misunderstood orders include Minden where the unexpected advance of the british contingent instead of being wiped out as everone expected punched through the enemy center and precipitated the collapse of the enemy army.

as for the 'anglos bad at land warfare' meme some on /his/ seem determined to push, they arent, winning their share of battles on the european mainland
>>
>>2281996
Leave the plebs to their memes
>>
>>2280969
Cardigan was a straight madman
>>
File: Charge_of_the_Light_Brigade.jpg (74KB, 600x354px) Image search: [Google]
Charge_of_the_Light_Brigade.jpg
74KB, 600x354px
Is this just a shit posting thread?

Oh well. Let's at least try some real /his/tory.

Was it Nolan's fault?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_of_the_Light_Brigade#The_Charge

>A newspaper report on 11 December 2016[10][11] revealed another version of what happened: "More than 160 years on" (i.e. after 2014) a letter was found in the British Library, written by Lieutenant Frederick Maxse, who was on Lord Raglan's staff at Balaklava. It said that Lord Raglan had sent an order for the Light Brigade to "follow the enemy and try to prevent the enemy from carrying away the guns"; those guns were some British artillery guns which were at risk. Raglan sent the order via 36-year-old Captain Louis Nolan (old drawing of him). Nolan, instead of passing on the order verbatim complete as given, passed it on to Lord Lucan orally as "There, my lord, is your enemy! There are your guns!", and added the word "attack" when Raglan had intended merely a show of force. Nolan's version of the order and accompanying gesture were misunderstood, causing the disaster described above. Nolan rode with the charge and died in it. Maxse's letter said that Nolan was annoyed at how little the Light Brigade had done previously and that Nolan was angry against Lord Lucan. Nigel Kingscote (another of Raglan's staff officers) agreed that the fault was Nolan's, and said that Nolan, if he had lived, would have been "broke by court martial".
>>
>>2280969

>let's have our light cavalry charge straight at a russian artillery battery
>destroy it

it worked though lmao :')
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.