[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Someone makes a claim (with no source) >Someone else makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0284.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0284.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>Someone makes a claim (with no source)
>Someone else makes a counterclaim (with no source)
>Repeat

This is fun?

Why do you all do this? Do you think you'll convince anyone without showing extensive research? Do you think you'll find anyone posting extensive research here?
>>
>most arguments here are made without evidence
[citation needed]
>>
>people come to participate in informal discussion on an imageboard with no official discussion formula

You don't say.
>>
i treat /his/ like a chatroom where I get to engage in lively conversational and use all the stuff that I read that I never get to talk about with people in real life
>>
>>2276118
/thread, if you can't stand the circlejerks and shit-flingin' contests don't browse /his/.
>>
a citation is nothing more than an argument from authority. citations mean nothing. the person you are citing isn't necessarily correct. if you can't present evidence/a sound argument by yourself, of course you wouldn't think it's possible, and you might make a retarded thread like this showing everybody that yet another random guy somewhere doesn't understand how logical validity functions.
>>
>>2276110
>>2276118
>>
File: 357[1].jpg (24KB, 540x362px) Image search: [Google]
357[1].jpg
24KB, 540x362px
>>2276245
>a citation is nothing more than an argument from authority.
Do don't even know what an argument from authority is, do you?
>>
>>2276245
Excuse me what the fuck something can be completely logically valid and totally untrue at the same time.
>>
>>2276110
neck yourself and after that you'll have to go back
>>
>>2276267

Not him, but something is logically valid because of the chain of reasoning leading to a true conclusion from true premises.

Apply logically valid reasoning to bad premises and you'll almost certainly get a flawed conclusion.

The classic example I got was

>If the streets are wet, then it rained recently
>The streets are wet
>Therefore, it rained recently.

This is logically valid, but the first premise is kind of unreasonable and dumb.
>>
>>2276792
You can have a logically valid argument that results from untrue statements
>>
>>2276245

Wait, so you're saying everyone has an equally valid opinion on history, even those who have never studied the primary sources?
>>
>>2276110
>he says as he provides no source for his cliam
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.