[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Chinese were a conquered race without ambition and had been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

The Chinese were a conquered race without ambition and had been ruled by foreigners for centuries.
They had renaissance tech but didn't bother to apply it on a large scale, they knew how to sail to Egypt and western Africa. Hell they even knew about the new world and just never bothered to actually send a ship there.
If it wasn't for Mao they would still be ruled by someone else, probably the Russians or the Japanese.
>>
File: IMG_8777.jpg (163KB, 874x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8777.jpg
163KB, 874x960px
>>2275907
>>
File: WW2Casualties.png (54KB, 1668x282px) Image search: [Google]
WW2Casualties.png
54KB, 1668x282px
>>2275907
Why are they so bad at fighting? Weren't they mongolised? Weren't the mongols good at fighting?
>>
ITT: bullying different cultures because they don't fit the western criteria for success

oh wait that's most of /his/.
Carry on.
>>
>>2275907
>Hell they even knew about the new world and just never bothered to actually send a ship there.

50 yuan transferred into your bank account.
>>
>>2275927
Even partially in the Qin dynasty, the Chinese empire was one that mostly ran itself, rather than the emperor running it. Every time the chinese empire was reunited after fracturing emperors spent a bit of time being activity involved in their country and then going back to doing sweet FA.
it was a system that worked most of the time. Even proper conquerors like the Mongols and later Manchu's found it pretty nice setup.

Of course, as a result, the emperor couldn't really field that big of armies in particular locales, and couldn't really do anything for regional economies. This turned out to be bad when the euros came.
>>
>>2276678
Most of /his/ is liberal
Stop whining about problems that don't exist
>>
>>2275907

I can't find it on my hard-drive, but I know I read an essay about a year and a half ago which claimed that, at least from about 1000-1700 AD, China "punched below its weight" in terms of population and wealth.

The reason for this, or so the reasoning went, is that agricultural and pastoral societies tend to prepare for war in a very different fashion, owing to things like population density and mobility of the population and how important it is to force a battle as soon as possible as opposed to maneuvering for maximum advantage. China was a hugely agricultural society, but due to influence from steppe peoples, they often fought, or tried to fight in a manner more in line with a nomadic/pastoral people, which they tended not to do all that well.

To be honest, I'm not 100% convinced of the argument, but I can't find the paper either, if for no other reason than to show it to other people for more critical examination than I can give it. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?
>>
>>2276732
How the fuck do you even manage to dress yourself, being that retarded?
>>
>>2277054
I never go outside.
>>
>>2276702
>a 50c post would call the chinese a conquered race without ambition

must have a nigger sized brain to hold your cognitive dissonance
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.