[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright you chucklefucks, let's settle this once and for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: trireme.jpg (99KB, 1232x912px) Image search: [Google]
trireme.jpg
99KB, 1232x912px
Alright you chucklefucks, let's settle this once and for all.

The Ship of Theseus. Is it the same ship, or is it a new ship in the end?
>>
Are you the same person after ten or whatever years when all your cells have been replaced?

It's the same damn ship.
>>
>>2274701

It's unresolvable, that's the point.
>>
>>2274701

This is only a "problem" for platofags. There is no right answer to be "settled," it's just a matter of how you choose to define it.
>>
spooks
>>
>>2274704
>>2274717
>>2274723
>>2274726

Not a single worthwhile arguement, and I'm not even memeing. Either explain yourselves or shut up.
>>
File: 1484559877598.jpg (59KB, 395x401px)
1484559877598.jpg
59KB, 395x401px
I would say it depends on what the men manning the ship call it.

You can extrapolate that conclusion to issues such as geopolitics and so on.
>>
>>2274736

You're confusing the idea of a ship with the physical thing. There is a bunch of wood and rope and shit arranged just so. Later there is different stuff arranged the same way. There is no confusion about what is actually occurring. Whether you choose to call that the "same ship" is not a comment about reality, but merely how we choose to think about it. The idea of the ship, not the thing itself. And you can define it as the same or not; it doesn't matter.

That enough of an explanation?
>>
>>2274723
>>2274717
This.
>>
>>2274701
In spirit and ownership it is the same
Physically it is not
>>
>>2274701
Ships get registered by the government, if allowed to sail. So is it the same boat on the registrar, then yes, otherwise no.
>>
>>2274771
Yes. It's good.
>>
>>2274736
Probably because this isn't worth discussing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.