[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It was an Ancient achedimen Persian empire custom to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: persia.png (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
persia.png
78KB, 500x500px
>It was an Ancient achedimen Persian empire custom to have ONE meal a day, but instead under evil king xerxes the one meal custom changed into an all day feast, full of lavish meats and whine"

Was Herodotus full of shit or was it really the case? how the fuck do you survive having one meal a day?
>>
File: poopee.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
poopee.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>2273415
>how the fuck do you survive having one meal a day?
by not being american
>>
>>2273444

More like by not living in a 1st world country.
>>
File: peepoo.jpg (10KB, 200x200px)
peepoo.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>2273455
So the Romans were 3rd world?

You have to realize that meals back then had different parts. Eating more than one sitting was considered gluttony, my burgerfriend.
>>
>>2273467
http://vroma.org/~plautus/foodweise.html

Typically, the Romans ate three meals a day. Originally, the Romans had a small breakfast called the ientaculum in the morning and then a huge meal called the cena around two in the afternoon, then another small meal called the vesperna later on in the night. However, in the empire this meal schedule was slightly modified. The cena was now held at a later time, closer to when we eat dinner. This caused the vesperna to disappear. However, to fill the gap between their breakfast and dinner, the prandium emerged.

>Americans LARPing on /his/
>>
>>2273467
>>2273484

That's funny, was actually going to drop the same knowledge on him.

Also. Born in Italy, mi amico
>>
>>2273415
>full of lavish meats and whine
So they ate a lot more but complained about it?
>>
File: heehoo.jpg (134KB, 960x960px)
heehoo.jpg
134KB, 960x960px
>>2273484
>>2273497
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-20243692
>Breakfast as we know it didn't exist for large parts of history. The Romans didn't really eat it, usually consuming only one meal a day around noon, says food historian Caroline Yeldham. In fact, breakfast was actively frowned upon.
I'll take the word of an actual Historian specialized in the field of ancient cuisines rather than some latin major or an guido "wewuzer", Cleetus and Luigi.
>>
>>2273521

lol can't even be used as a secondary source. Site something worth reading next time not some bs news article from the most hated news broadcasts in the world.
>>
>>2273521
It's funny because of that retarded tradition Romans lost one of the most important battles to Hannibal (I think either him or one of the wars with the barbarians, I think 90% it was Hannibal...

Seriosuly tho how the fuck do you carry gear and hike for miles and on top of that train or fight with only one meal... You must be either really skinny and strong or its absolute bullshit
>>
Didn't people basically live off a mush of oats and water for most of human history.
>>
File: hoohee.jpg (23KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
hoohee.jpg
23KB, 599x337px
>>2273530
>>2273538
not an argument
>>
>>2273605
His argument is your source is shit, my misguided pepeposter.
>>
File: neenoo.jpg (31KB, 600x600px)
neenoo.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>2273672
Not my fault he can't look at it objectively cause it triggers his urge for grandis nigrum mentula.
>>
>>2273415
It's called intermittent fasting and people still do it today. I only eat two meals a day (lunch, dinner) - no breakfast or snacks in between meals, and I definitely could do just one. Try it just for a day, you'll feel superhuman the first time you go x hours without food and realize you keep on living
>>
>>2273703
I mean Im not... Im not even trying to argue, maybe when it came to warfare and hard labor they probably are more than one meal but regular day to day business 1 meal?!?!?!?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.