[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fellas, I have a 20 page research essay to write on the history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: _46924841_-1.jpg (10KB, 226x170px) Image search: [Google]
_46924841_-1.jpg
10KB, 226x170px
Hey fellas,
I have a 20 page research essay to write on the history of [something] of a non western origin, from between 1900 and 1940.
Do any of you have any favorite events in history fitting this criteria?
I was thinking maybe of the succession of Panama or something about bananas.
>>
>>2269294
shame 1940 is the cutoff because I would say that the vietnamese war of independence would be a great topic since it had so many different phases to talk about that were all extremely different from one another.

Did you know that Ho Chi Minh actually petitioned for Vietnamese independence from France at Versailles all the way back in 1919, citing the principle of self determination. He was ignored of course. Then during ww2 the USA actually helped found the lineal ancestor of the Viet Cong as a partisan group to fight the Japanese. Then when the French attempted to reassert control after running away from the Japs the viet partisans turned their guns on them. When the French came back Ho Chi Minh actually asked US president Truman to intervene and get France to back down (see pic) which he quite unfortunately refused, considering France was an important NATO ally. It was only after this refusal of support that the Viets turned to the soviets and chinese for help. After kicking out the french and the americans the chinese invaded vietnam as well, all three were soundly beaten back and Vietnam remained independent. Truly an incredible story.
>>
Rise of Japanese militarism and Sino-Japanese wars perhaps?
>>
>>2269294
Interwar Yugoslavia, how it was formed, and why it failed.
1918-1941
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaeSueY4jz8
>>
The fall of the Ottoman Empire and the rise of modern Turkey
>>
>>2269294

The White Rajahs of Sarawak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rajahs
>>
>>2269294
Collapse of taisho democracy and raise of Japanese militarism.
>>
>>2269294
Russo-Japanese-War

Interesting, a lot of info online and it's kinda unknown in the west.
>>
>>2269294
Chinese revolution maybe?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.