[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_ of_World_War_II_flying_a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Me109_G-6_D-FMBB_1.jpg (170KB, 1280x593px) Image search: [Google]
Me109_G-6_D-FMBB_1.jpg
170KB, 1280x593px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_flying_aces

What did Luftwaffe mean by this?
>>
>>2265527
Means that Yanks and Ivans can't fly for shit really.
>>
>"flying aces"
>only successful in bombing ground targets
>lost 4:1 against half-starved Brits in an air-to-air battle
>>
>>2265527
I am pretty sure it was:
>"We really need more pilots."
>>
Russians used similar tactics in the air as they did on the ground.
>>
The western Allies rotated veterans out to teaching positions. Germans didn't. The Allies, also, at various stages had spectacular air superiority.
>>
>>2265527
so basically, a British pilot who was really good would be sent to train new pilots so pilot standards would be higher and talent would be preserved
the germans actually did this at the start, but became so desperate for pilots because they were losing the air war so badly they stopped rotating them, so ended up flying far more hours each than their allied counterparts over the war.
>>
Superior German Air Power

They had the best pilots, literally no one could compete.
>>
>>2265527
there are a number of factors behind the Luftwaffe top aces having such high scores.

Firstly they had a policy that boiled down to 'fly til you die' once you were in a combat unit you stayed in combat units til you died, leave might be granted but unless you were injured to badly to fly you tended to stay in a combat flying role, the allies or at least the western ones on the other hand tended to transfer pilots into training roles and therwise rotate them out of the front line fairly regularly, a policy which along with the longer and more thorough training program before being assigned to a squadron meant that the average allied pilot was better trained than his german counterpart.

secondly there is the german tactics themselves which tended to feed the leader kills while his wingman watched his back, this meant that german squadrons tended to have almost all their kills scored by a few pilots whereas allied squadrons had a more even distribution.

there was also the rather significant factor of the germans being in something of a target rich environment relative to the allies, a allied pilot performing fighter sweeps could go several sorties without seeing a single airborne german, a german pilot on a sweep on the other hand was almost certain to find someone to shoot at, and on the western front they would be flying even worse planes for the most part.

so essentially you have german pilots flying till they die, being fed kills in a target rich environment versus allied pilots regularly rotated out of the line, so having significantly less combat time and in a target sparse environment.
>>
The Luftwaffe also had a method of counting kills wherein even planes that were not visually confirmed to be destroyed were counted as "killed".
>>
>>2265536
The top Soviet ace is literally Ivan lel
>>
>>2265527
>le lose the air war by 1942 airforce
on the bright side, they were the least nazi nazis
>>
>>2267679
>>2267720
Amazing, these subhumans have made up and reaffirmed an entire narrative without any evidence
>>
>>2268017
>call people subhumans
>lose back to back world wars
jej
>>
>>2268017
dumb
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.