[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think about the Maurya Empire? Or ancient Indian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Maurya_Empire,_c.250_BCE_2.png (1MB, 1024x894px) Image search: [Google]
Maurya_Empire,_c.250_BCE_2.png
1MB, 1024x894px
What does /his/ think about the Maurya Empire? Or ancient Indian states in general?
>>
Vastly underrated for their contributions to the modern world (rockets, zero, wootz steel). I know next to nothing about them, myself. Would like to know more.
>>
>>2265279
The original poos. Can never in loos.
>>
>>2265279
How prevalent was nudity/toplessness in ancient India? Looking at their art is seems many were.
>>
>Twenty-six years after my coronation various animals were declared to be protected – parrots, mainas, aruna, ruddy geese, wild ducks, nandimukhas, gelatas, bats, queen ants, terrapins, boneless fish, vedareyaka, gangapuputaka, fish, tortoises, porcupines, squirrels, deer, bulls, okapinda, wild asses, wild pigeons, domestic pigeons and all four-footed creatures that are neither useful nor edible. Those nanny goats, ewes and sows which are with young or giving milk to their young are protected, and so are young ones less than six months old. Cocks are not to be caponized, husks hiding living beings are not to be burnt and forests are not to be burnt either without reason or to kill creatures. One animal is not to be fed to another.
Interesting, is this the first case of animal conservation?
>>
It's an uninteresting clusterfuck
>>
They must have had designated shitting streets like they do today in india, great empire!!
>>
>>2265341
Nudity was never prevalent. The statues seem topkess because of the slender cloth that just runs over the breasts is not very visible.
>>
I've seen the metal pillar at the Qutb complex at Delhi last year, cast during the time of the Mauryan Empire. Pretty awesome and still in such a good shape! The English used it as target practice for their cannons. It took a cannonball at full force and still remained upright!
The class of metallurgy is astounding for such an ancient people.
>>
>>2265581
>The English used it as target practice for their cannons
Yet another reason to hate the perfidious Albion
>>
File: Agni-5-India.jpg (252KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Agni-5-India.jpg
252KB, 2000x1125px
>>2265626
One of these days...
>>
>>2265916
Well our expensive Trident missiles don't work, so you might be able to get away with it one day.
>>
File: Agni_Missile_Range_comparison.png (538KB, 1381x700px) Image search: [Google]
Agni_Missile_Range_comparison.png
538KB, 1381x700px
>>2265916
Mom I'm scared.
>>
>>2265355
Got BTFO'd by sacas not too many years later.

Vegetarianism: not even once.
>>
>>2265934

The stated range of Angi V is 5500 km so as not to rustle the jimmies of the eternal anglo-saxon. The real range is considered to be higher in the 8000km range. For a nation with a mature/developed space program extending range of ICBMs by few thousand kms is child's play.
>>
>>2265916
Removal of the eternal anglo would probably further the cause of World Peace.

Do it.
>>
>>2265626
We can only imagine how the Taj Mahal looked like before the English removied all the lapis lazuli and other gems from the interior and exterior...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.