[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*According to the bible*, how is an individual supposed to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 55

File: bible-01.jpg (46KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
bible-01.jpg
46KB, 567x567px
*According to the bible*, how is an individual supposed to make it into the Kingdom of Heaven?
>>
>>2265234
I don't know but you definitely can't be rich.
>>
>>2265234
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. -- Matthew 5:10

Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. -- Matthew 18:3, Mark 10:15

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. -- John 3:5

Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. -- John 3:3

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. -- Matthew 7:21

Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. -- Matthew 5:20

There be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it. -- Matthew 19:12
>>
>>2265234
Given the numerous interpretations and meaning you can give to verses, paraboles etc. you only have to read it and figure out for yourself. Some say predestination, some say worldly actions... Try your own.
>>
>>2265244
I want to know. What I need to do in life, right now. In order to get into heaven. I need instructions from the bible on how to inter into the God's Kingdom. None of those verses suffice.
>>
>>2265234
Basically, cut off your nuts.

>There be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
>>
>>2265265
Sure they do. Be righteous, even when people attack you for it. Convert to Christianity and follow Christ like a child. Also

>The unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. -- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

so don't do all that stuff listed in that passage.
>>
>>2265234
The Coming of the Kingdom

20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

22And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. 23And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them. 24For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. 25But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. 26And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. 31In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32Remember Lot's wife. 33Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
>>
File: image.jpg (677KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
677KB, 1920x1080px
>>2265234
Listen to what Jesus said:

Matthew 5
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; """""""""I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.""""""""""""

19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you """""""WILL CERTAINLY NOT THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN""""""""

What law? The Mosaic Law. Want to enter heaven? Then your righteousness MUST EXCEED the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees.

And I tell you anon, HOW CAN your righteousness exceed the scribes and Pharisees IF YOU DONT KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS?

Salvation comes from keeping the commandments, NOT FROM the blood of Jesus.
>>
File: image.png (57KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
57KB, 178x180px
>>2265234
Listen to what Jesus said:

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

If you do good, Heaven is a place for you. If you do evil, Hell is a place for you.

What Original Sin? We DO NOT bear Adam's sin, nor does Adam bear our sins. As such, we don't receive punishment for other people's sins.

Jesus brought a man-ly religion. Not this "someone will die and go to hell for our sins" religion.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 440x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 440x407px
>>2265234
A law abiding Jew comes to Jesus seeking eternal life or salvation. In the words of Matthew:

Matthew 19:16-17
"And behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God: but if thou wilt enter into life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS."

Why did Jesus go out of his way telling you all of this? I tell you why, he wants you and me to have the eternal life.

Want eternal life? Keep the commandments, for salvation comes from keeping it, not from the blood of Jesus.
>>
>>2265309
>>2265334
>>2265354
>This triggers the Christian
>>
File: image.png (60KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60KB, 178x180px
>>2265365
Not intending to trigger anyone. They're good people. Hopefully they listen to what Jesus said.
>>
>>2265375
I've been coming to the conclusion that Christianity is mostly a headcannon fabricated separate from the holy doctrine. Not saying they're bad people, just ill informed.
>>
>>2265234
By grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone
>>
>>2265265
Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”
John 6:29
>>
>>2265309
>>2265334
>>2265354
Salvation is not by keeping the law, keeping the law is by salvation
>>2265375
Stop pretending you think Jesus said a single thing in the bible. Start being honest, is not the truth one of the 99 beautifal names?
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 419x424px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 419x424px
>>2265382
I blame Paul, the self-appointed disciple, almost half of the NT was written by Paul. And 21 out of 27 books of the NT doesn't even have Jesus word in it.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 429x518px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 429x518px
>>2265405
Where did Jesus said he came to die for our sins?

Also see >>2264172

>be honest
Fine, a part of says that you're all good people. We all have that one evil part that hate everyone.
>>
>>2265415
*a part of me
>>
>>2265406
Paul was appointed by Jesus. In Galatians we see Paul argue against the beliefs of his worst enemies. We can therefore conclude that whatever core beliefs held by Paul that he does not defend he does not defend because they are held in common between him and his enemies. Paul does not defend his belief that Jesus is God or that He died on the cross. In fact, the text implies they agreed with him, when he says "If righteousness be by law then Christ is dead in vain." Did anyone before Muhammad deny the crucifixion of Jesus? There is not even a shred of evidence anyone did
>>
>>2265415
>Where did Jesus said he came to die for our sins?
John 10:11
>>
>>2265431
>10 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

>7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Context and metaphor are concepts that Christians will never understand.
>>
>>2265452
>Jesus says He dies for the sheep
>this somehow doesn't mean He dies for the sheep
>>
>>2265459
>Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

The beautiful irony.
>>
>>2265464
Yes, you are apparently the pharisee.
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 723x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 723x600px
>>2265431
>Lay his life for his sheep
The verse before that is talking about a thief came to steal and kill.

What thief? The sins? No, Satan, anti-Christ, false prophets, savage Jews, ect. From what? From leading the sheep to the wrong path.

If you read the whole context, NOWHERE did Jesus said that he died for our sins, only will die from protecting the sheep from straying from the right path. He would put his life on the line to make sure the sheep are safe.

John 8:37
I know you are Abraham's descendants(Jews). Yet you are ready to kill me, because you have no room for my word.

Look, he put his life on the line to deliver the Father's message. For that, I respect the man.

>>2265425
I maybe completely wrong, but wasn't Paul never meet Jesus? He only have a vision. Vision don't count. Anyone can have a vision. I once have a vision about anime girls.
>>
>>2265478
>OWHERE did Jesus said that he died for our sins, only will die from protecting the sheep from straying from the right path
LAYS DOWN HIS LIFE FOR THE SHEEP
Y-yeah, this has nothing to do with dying for sins
>He only have a vision
He didn't simply have a vision, he met with the resurrected Christ in bodily form
>>
>>2265471
>Figure of speach

Like I said, metaphor and context are something Christians (phrisees) are incapable of comprehending.
>>
File: image.png (62KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62KB, 500x450px
>>2265491
>dying for our sins

>I WOULD PUT MY LIFE ON THE LINE FOR MY FAMILY.
Does that mean I'm going to die for my family sins? No.

Same can be said with Jesus. He would put his life on the line in guiding the sheep to the straight path.

Also, in the context. Who is that thief?

>vision
Did he touch Jesus? A vision cannot be differentiated from the true unless we feel it. Again, I maybe completely wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 469x647px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 469x647px
I'm gonna make a few points of why Jesus DIDN'T die for our sins in the next few posts.
>>
>>2265554
>>I WOULD
This isn't a hypothetical, Christ said He DOES lay His life down for the sheep
>Same can be said with Jesus. He would put his life on the line in guiding the sheep to the straight path.
That's not why He lays down His life, He lays down His life to save the sheep
>Who is that thief?
False teachers, but that's a different metaphor.
>A vision cannot be differentiated from the true unless we feel it
Nope, Paul's companions saw Him too
>>
File: image.png (48KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48KB, 178x180px
>>2265574
FIRST POINT

Matthew 27:46
...Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

Is this someone would say if he was going to die for our sins?

NO, this is the cry of someone who DOESN'T want to die.

And no, he is not quoting from Psalm 22 because that Psalm DOESNT even refer to Jesus.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2012/09/failed-prophecy-psalm-22/
>>
File: 1484092275951.jpg (7KB, 171x286px) Image search: [Google]
1484092275951.jpg
7KB, 171x286px
>>2265580
>Figure
>Of
>Speech

I understand Jesus's struggle with trying to inform the Pharisees.

>And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2265599
>Matthew 27:46
He's quoting Psalm 22
>>
>>2265600

>>2265605
>>
>>2265599
>And no, he is not quoting from Psalm 22 because that Psalm DOESNT even refer to Jesus.
that doesn't mean it isn't quoting Psalm 22, because it absolutely is. It just means that taking Psalm 22 as a prophecy is literally retarded
>>
>>2265605
Ok, why is he quoting Psalms 22? What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2265618
It's literally just christian prophecy fulfillment. it has nothing to do with history. several details of Jesus's crucifixion were taken from Psalm 22, such as when they cast lots for his clothes
>>
>>2265610
>>2265618
>>2265627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk3tmXzDa7o
>>
>>2265639
>youtube
fuck off
>>
>>2265639
Ok... that's nice, but why did Jesus "quote" Psalms 22? What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2265651
>didn't watch it
>>
File: image.png (70KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70KB, 178x180px
>>2265574
SECOND POINT

Jesus told his disciples to buy swords and keep guard:

Luke 22:36
...if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Matthew 26:38
My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death; remain here and keep watch with Me"

Sword? For what? To cut any throat that dare to harm Jesus. Because the Jews at that time were coming for Jesus's life.

Is this the man that is preparing to die for our sins? NO. This is the man who's TRYING TO STAY ALIVE. Not dying for our sins.
>>
>>2265648
got to agree with this guy.

youtube is fucking cancer for anyone who wants to actually learn.

>>2265651
read it, its pretty obvious.
>>
>>2265664
that's a pretty huge leap, anon. It's certainly inconsistent with the pacifist passages, but it's a leap of logic to assume that it's for protecting Jesus
>>
>>2265665
I did read. What did Jesus mean by "quoting" Psalms 22 in the 9th hour of his crucifixion?
>>
>>2265664
>He that lives by the sword shall die by the sword
>>
File: image.png (75KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
75KB, 178x180px
>>2265574
THIRD POINT

Jesus pray to God in the Garden of gethsemane:

Luke 22:42
"Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."

God(Jesus) praying to God(the Father)?

Look, Jesus PRAY to God for HELP. Is this someone would do if he came to die for our sins?

NO, this is the man that is asking God to save his life.
>>
>>2265703
>please take this cup of suffering away from me
That's a prayer for His crucifixion, not for deliverance from it. The cup is a reference to Jeremiah 25:15-17. He is praying that God take away the cup of wrath, the wrath of God is taken away by the sacrifice of Christ.
>>
>>2265265
You need to be born of the Spirit again. You need to be saved and be adopted to Gods family
>>
File: image.png (56KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
56KB, 178x180px
>>2265574
FOURTH POINT

Before any Crucifixion event, Jesus said:

John 17:4
...I have """""""""""""""finished"""""""""""""" the work which thou gavest me to do.

Look, Jesus has FINISHED his work that the Father gave him. He said this before any crucifixion event even begin.

According to you Christians, he came to die for our sins, but Jesus said this verse before any crucifixion event even begin.

Which mean, he did NOT came to die for our sins, but came for keeping and fulfilling the Mosaic Law. NOT BRINGING A NEW RELIGION.

See >>2265309 >>2265334 >>2265354
>>
>>2265722
>John 17:4
Which in the context is clearly in reference to the crucifixion which would happen extremely soon
>but came for keeping and fulfilling the Mosaic Law
Do you know why He fulfilled the law? He had to do so because we can not.
>>
>>2265728
>Which in the context is clearly in reference to the crucifixion which would happen extremely soon

According to whom?
>>
>>2265718
>That's a prayer for His crucifixion, not for deliverance from it. The cup is a reference to Jeremiah 25:15-17. He is praying that God take away the cup of wrath, the wrath of God is taken away by the sacrifice of Christ.

According to whom?
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 1024x768px
>>2265425
>>2265574
FIFTH POINT

According to the documentary film, "Banned from the Bible", which can be watched on the History Channel, some of Saint Peter's apocalypse were banned from the current Bible, and these Epistles said that Jesus didn't get crucified on the cross and it only appeared that he was.

This banned part also says that Jesus was standing next to the cross laughing. These are the parts of the Bible that only few people in the world know about.
>>
>>2265750
>history channel
>legitimate source

wew lad
>>
>>2265750
I think this stands as it's own refutation
>>
>>2265382
>kites and heretics believe this
Ov vey, gotta follow those jew rules :^3
>>
File: 1484529523919.png (5KB, 687x450px) Image search: [Google]
1484529523919.png
5KB, 687x450px
>>2265768
>Historical documentary
>Not a legitimate source
>>
>>2265750
>history channel
Jesus Christ anon. do you not know how much non-canonical christian literature there is?
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 500x500px
>>2265574
SIXTH POINT

NOWHERE in the Bible where Jesus himself straight-out UNAMBIGUOUSLY says that he is going to die for our sins.

Instead, he is saying THE EXACT OPPOSITE, """""""""in a clear cut unambiguous straight foward language even a child could understand""""""""""", that salvation only comes from keeping the Mosaic Law, not from someone elses blood.
>>
>>2265775
>Ov vey, gotta follow those jew rules :^3

Just as my lord and savior did.
>>
>>2265750
None of the Apocalypse of Peter is in the bible. It's a 3rd century Gnostic work of fiction. The reason it says Jesus merely appeared to be on the cross is because it denied Jesus was actually flesh, because in Gnosticism both creation and the creator are viewed as evil. You really, really don't want the Gnostics on your side.
>>
>>2265779
>'Aliens, nazis and muh pawn stars' channel
>legitimate source

Pro tip, ignore shit produced for the masses. Documetaries a shit.

Pick up a fucking book instead. Preferably one that's properly peer reviewed
>>
>>2265768
>>2265770
>>2265781
Yes I know. All the valid source become unvalid once it's appeared on History Channel. Just watch it if you got the tile to kill.
>>
>>2265782
John 10:11
I would also like to point out all four gospels explicitly say Jesus died for sins
>>
>>2265790
The source is invalid because everything you said about it is 100% wrong. What you described is laughable to literally anyone vaguely familiar with biblical history.
>>
File: 1484797006373.gif (1MB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
1484797006373.gif
1MB, 360x359px
OP here. What exactly is "Salvation?" Salvation ≠ The Kingdom of Heaven. You guys are derailed af.
>>
>>2265790
>documentaries made to attract people because 'oooooooh looook it's a seeecreeeet history!'
>valid source

You're the type of moron who trusts Procopius's secret history of Justinian because 'it must be true cuz it's secret :o!'
>>
>how is an individual supposed to make it into Heaven?

RASEN KAIDAN
>>
>>2265790
You miss the point. If it's on the History Channel it's probably not a good source. not to mention that it reveals how fucking uninformed you are. I don't know why you think that this specific apocrypha is trustworthy. this wasn't "banned" from the bible. It was probably written before there was even a consensus on a canonical list
>>
>>2265791
>John 10:11
FIGURE
OF
SPEECH
>>
>>2265811
Yes anon, it is a figure of speech about Jesus dying for sins, we know.
>>
>>2265817
The mentality of a Pharisee.
>>
>>2265819
Yes, Islam is very Pharisaic
>>
>according to the bible
Which?
The castrated one with 66 books?
The normal one with 73 books?
The bloated one with 88 books?
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 392x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 392x446px
>>2265574
SEVENTH POINT

Why should God requires the blood of Jesus to forgive our sins? Since God HIMSELF can forgave sins.

Hebrews 8:12:
For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Isaiah 43:25
"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.

God forgave sins for His own sake, not for the blood of Jesus.

Why should God need to sacrifice his own begotten Son in the first place?
>>
>>2265823
Pharisees, when will they learn?

>20 And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
>>
>Jesus didn't die for our sins
>gotta follow all only jewish law to get into heaven
I wonder who could be behind this...?
>>
>>2265828
This is seriously the only decent point that you raised. You are fucking cancer. I mean for YHWH's sake you made a post ANNOUNCING that you were going to post.
>>
>>2265828
Because only those who keep the law perfectly will be saved, and Jesus alone was sinless. Thus my sins are imputed to Jesus and the righteousness of Christ is imputed to me.
>>
>>2265825
Judith 1:1 is a blatant historical error
>>
>>2265840
>don't gotta follow Jewish law to get into Jewish god's heaven
>>
>>2265841
It's not a decent point though, if you read Hebrews the whole thing is all about how Jesus died for sins, from beginning to end.
>>
>>2265828
Because God /IS/ the son you tard.
The son isn't seperate to god.
The Father who forgave sins? That's god.
The son, who forgave sins? That's god.
>>
>>2265850
James 2:10
Perfection is the requirement. The only way into heaven is through the perfect righteousness of Christ.
>>
>kikes actually believe this
>>
>>2265853
yes yes, trust the Epistle of Hebrews, not the Torah itself
>>
File: 1484873396208.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484873396208.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>2265802
>>2265802
>>2265802
STOP ARGUING AND ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION FAGS
>>
>>2265873
what was the question again?
>>
>>2265867
Not an argument
>>
>>2265856
>James 2:10
>For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Ummm..... what? That's kinda what the anime poster is saying.

>Perfection is the requirement. The only way into heaven is through the perfect righteousness of Christ.

According to whom?
>>
>>2265884
>Deut. 4:40
>And thou shalt keep His statutes, and His commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.
actually it is, unless you're Marcion
>>
File: 1473444697833.jpg (58KB, 396x282px) Image search: [Google]
1473444697833.jpg
58KB, 396x282px
>>2265877
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2265887
>That's kinda what the anime poster is saying.
No it's not, this verse says unless you are perfect and sinless you are damned
>According to whom?
The verse I quoted
>>2265891
Keeping the law =/= trusting in the law for salvation
>>
>>2265900
Are you keeping the law, anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 492x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 492x544px
>>2265574
Yup, that's all I got. I'm spent right now. I'll read all your replies, but I can't promise that I reply to you all. I'll be back in 8-9 hours or so.

And yes, "banned from the Bible" also feature elsewhere, like YouTube(lol). But please watch it if you have the time.

>Gnostic
According to Wikipedia, "It is unclear whether this text advocates an adoptionist (Jesus was Divine) or docetist (Jesus' body and crucifixion were an illusion) christology".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic_Apocalypse_of_Peter

If you don't agree with Wikipedia, please edit it.

Also, valid statement doesn't become unvalid if it's presented from a meme channel of website.

Thanks for reading, you're the MVP.
>>
>>2265900
>James 2:10 states that the way into heaven is by keeping in line Mosaic law.

>Animeposter is saying that the way into heaven is keeping in line with Mosaic law.

....?
>>
>>2265909
Just to add, all of my points are straight-foward, no need for desperate bending just to suit my case.

And to top it of, most of it are Jesus OWN words. Straight foward, unambiguous, easy to understand. Not need sugar coating everywhere. Just a hard solid evidence.
>>
>>2265909
>Also, valid statement doesn't become unvalid if it's presented from a meme channel of website
but it isn't. you have no understanding of anything in biblical scholarship. do you have any argument for why the apocalypse of peter is a trustworthy source for Jesus? literally all that this proves is that there was a christian sect that didn't think Jesus was crucified. does Jesus standing next to the crucifix with its fake Jesus laughing without anyone noticing really sound historical to you? it's just a common literary theme where divine or semi-divine figures are hidden in plain site and regular people cannot recognize them unless they choose to be noticed.
>>
>>2265942
According to whom?
>>
>>2265873
Oh, salvation = heaven

What makes you think otherwise?
>>
>>2265922
James 2:10 does NOT say you have to keep the law to be saved, it says you are damned unless you keep the law perfectly. The animeposter believes it is impossible to keep the law perfectly. Thus, according to his theology, he is guaranteed to go to hell, along with every other human being in history.
>>
>>2265941
anon, I've already gotten onto you for this. Jesus's words aren't necessarily Jesus's words. they should be considered as a part of the whole literary creation of the gospels, not in isolation. and if you want to really be convincing you should take into account actual scholarship on the bible. are you really trying to make a legitimate argument or are you just trying to get attention and don't care if you overly simplify the issue with massive assumptions?
>>
>>2265946
just one example off the top of my head, from Luke 24:
>13 And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs. 14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. 16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him. 17 And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad? 18 And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days? 19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: 20 and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him. 21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done. 22 Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre; 23 and when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive. 24 And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not. 25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26 ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
>>
File: 1484534895318.png (5KB, 218x160px) Image search: [Google]
1484534895318.png
5KB, 218x160px
NOBODY
ABSWERED
MY
FUCKING
QUESTION

HOW DO I GET INTO HEAVEN?
>>
>>2265987
You don't. Faggots go to hell. that includes you, OP.
>>
File: br.png (87KB, 312x308px) Image search: [Google]
br.png
87KB, 312x308px
>>2265234
I don't know, but you're all fucked.
>>
>>2265969
>Luke 24:
>13 And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs. 14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. 16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him. 17 And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad? 18 And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days? 19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: 20 and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him. 21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done. 22 Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre; 23 and when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive. 24 And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not. 25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26 ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

According to whom?
>>
>>2265987
By faith in Christ alone, for the just shall live by faith.
>>
>>2265995
According to whom?
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 316x410px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 316x410px
>>2265957
Ok anon, this is my last post for the day. God's teaching is not confusing, according to:

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion...

Jesus said:

John 14:24
....These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

John 7:16
Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me.

John 8:28
...you will know that I am he(the Messiah) and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me

According to these verses, Jesus's words are simple and unambiguous, as it is coming from the Father.

We don't need a Phd in Biblical Scholars to understand what Jesus is saying, just make sure we know the context. Even normal people could understand it.

This is my last post for the day. You're the MVP.
>>
>>2265992
according to Luke
>>
>>2266023
>We don't need a Phd in Biblical Scholars to understand what Jesus is saying, just make sure we know the context
That's right, which is why we can tell the bible says Jesus died for sins because every book of the New Testament says He did
>>
>>2265957
Damn, I misunderstood this post. Are you talking about the authenticity of the Bible. Sorry, but it's way too vast of a topic. I'm just using the very Bible that the most intelligent Biblical Scholars are using. That's fine enough by me and most other people. Again, sorry anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 165x166px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 165x166px
>>2266036
Ok fine, this is my last post.

I do mention Jesus's words, not what other people that said about him.

I put Jesus's words at the highest place.

According to all of my point in >>2265574, what Jesus do and said clearly like a man who love his life dearly, NOT a man who is prepared to die for our sins.

And how Jesus >>2265309 >>2265334 >>2265354 contradict the very teaching of modern Christians, which said that salvation comes from faith alone.

For real, this is my last post for today. Peace out.
>>
A casual glance at the myriad of Christian sects, schisms and heresies should tell you that nobody can answer that for sure, OP, and that many different people have very different ideas.

For my money, I say what God wants is for us to be a positive force in the world. Be kind, be constructive, keep the damage you do to a minimum, help others when you can.

However I do not believe there is a heaven or a hell. I suspect we all go to the same place when we die, and while God may have preferences for what He would have you do, in the end there is no judgement or punishment. Perhaps even the evil men do is instructive to the holy spirit.
>>
>>2265234

Unless one is born again, he will in no wise enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

--Jesus of Nazareth
>>
>>2265987

1. You confess with your mouth, that is to say out loud, that Jesus is Lord; and

2. You believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead.

Romans 10:9-10.
>>
>>2266111
*Jesus the Nazarene
Nazareth wasn't a town in the 1st century
>>
>>2266115
what if my mouth is sewed shut?
>>
>>2265722

Correct. Jesus fulfilled the Law and lived a perfect life. He was thus positioned to offer himself as the Lamb of God to take away the sins of the world.

He did that on the cross.

It is finished.

--Jesus of Nazareth

And in that death and resurrection we find God offering mankind a New Covenant, not like the Old Covenant at all, just as Jeremiah spoke of in Jeremiah 31:31.

The New Covenant did not come into effect until the death of Jesus, and the promise of the New Covenant did not come into fruition until the resurrection of Christ Jesus from the dead.

In his death we know his sacrifice was total.

In his resurrection we know his sacrifice was accepted.

In our faith by the grace of God we are saved from the natural consequences of being separated from God.
>>
>>2266119

Jesus reads the hearts of men, and I trust him to make good decisions.
>>
>>2266067
Behold, I saw the Lamb of God as though a lamb slain from the foundations of the world.

God is Life.
>>
>>2266117
It was, actually, and earlier, as there are Roman mentions of it as a town harboring Roman troops.
>>
and whoever wants to be first must be your slave--
>>
>>2266135
>Although it is mentioned in the New Testament gospels, there are no extant non-biblical references to Nazareth until around 200 CE, when Sextus Julius Africanus, cited by Eusebius (Church History 1.7.14), speaks of Nazara as a village in Judea and locates it near an as-yet unidentified "Cochaba".[52]
come again?
>>
>>2266117
Archaeologist Yardena Alexandre, the excavations director at the Israel Antiquity Authority, confirmed the news report of a house in Nazareth found containing items from Jesus' time. The house is located on the hill slopes. Pottery remains connected to the house range from roughly 100 BCE to 100 CE (i.e., the days of Jesus). There is nothing in the house to suggest that the persons inhabiting it over this time had any wealth: there is no glass and no imported products. The vessels are made of clay and chalk.

The AP story concludes that “the dwelling and older discoveries of nearby tombs in burial caves suggest that Nazareth was an out-of the-way hamlet of around 50 houses on a patch of about four acres… populated by Jews of modest means.” No wonder this place is never mentioned in the Hebrew Bible, Josephus, or the Talmud. It was far too small, poor, and insignificant. Most people had never heard of it and those who had heard didn’t care. Even though it existed, this is not the place someone would make up as the hometown of the messiah. Jesus really came from there, as attested in multiple sources.

"Can anything good come out of Nazareth?" does not speak of its might or riches.

Maybe stop listening to Salm.
>>
>>2266150
Didn't come the first time.>>2266161
>>
>>2265750
You were doing so well, then you posted this and immediately lost any credibility you had
>>
>>2265909

So, Wiki is the gospel truth unless someone edits it.

But the bible is not the gospel truth, even though that's where the term originated.
>>
>>2266199
You're talking to a guy who thinks he can refute a thousand years of Christian theology by citing a History Channel documentary.
>>
File: 1480985664143.png (55KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
1480985664143.png
55KB, 178x180px
How to get to Heaven?
As far as I know, this is how it works.

God, as a timeless (Gn. 1:1; Ex. 3:14) loving being (1 Jn. 4:8), is constantly willing to forgive people's sin. At the same time, because of God's love He respects the intrinsic value of people and His own, making Him a righteous being; He cannot allow evil to be unpunished, and the punishment for sin is eternal death, and his righteous wrath is due to evil.

In order for God to forgive the ones who ask for forgiveness and punish crimes, a substitute is needed to take the punishment, a scapegoat. Who else but Himself, the only one who's inherently immortal (1 Tim. 6:16)? Then again, how can an immortal being die? He chose to incarnate into a mortal human being (Is. 9:6; Jn 1:1,14; Rom. 1:4; Phil. 2:6-8). When Jesus died by crucifixion, He took humankind's penalty for their sin (Rom. 8:14-17; 2 Cor. 5:21; Gal. 3:13-14, 4:4-7; Col. 1:13-14; Heb. 2:17; Rom. 5:6-10) and was separated from the Father. Such a heartbreaking experience made him loudly quote a depressing fragment from a Psalm (Mt. 27:46).

What does someone have to do, in order to be forgiven and unpunished?
(0) First of all, you must be convinced you've done evil, which is due to the influence of God (Jn 16:7-8; Rom. 2:4).
(1) Believe in (trust) Jesus (Jn. 3:16; Fcts. 16:30-31) as your Savior. Do I have to work my way into Heaven? Absolutely NOT (Eph. 2:5-10 Tit. 3:3-7)

(1/2)
>>
File: 1479567403210.png (47KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
1479567403210.png
47KB, 178x180px
(2) Good works and intentions are the result of salvation, not its cause (Eze. 36:25-27; 2 Cor. 5:17-21; Rom. 12:2; Heb. 8:7-12; 2 Pet. 1:3-4; Rom 8:1-4). Doing good for the sake of a reward is not real goodness. And besides, if you could work your way, Jesus' incarnation and death would be utterly pointless.
(3) Baptize (Mt.3:1,6-18, 28:19-20; Jn. 3:3-8; Luk. 23:42-43; Fcts. 2:38, 6:30-33). Baptism is a symbolic ritual by which your old self dies, your sins are washed out, and you come back to life as a new creation (Fcts. 22:16; Rom. 6:1-6; Col. 2:12-13). This is not a necessary ritual (since the thief wasn't baptized yet Heaven was promised for him) but do it if possible as a sign of repentance and trust in Jesus.

(2/2)
>>
>>2266210
But "banned from the bible" isn't History Channel documentary. It's just features on it.

And also, what is non-meme channel do /his/ watch?
>>
>>2266210

Am I?
>>
>>2266253
cspan
>>
>>2266253
Oy Vey!
>>
>>2266228
Woah there anon, back up. Modalist is not accepted here.

>>2266255
Yes, but to be fair, I never know History Channel is a meme.
>>
>>2266228
>>2266233

I'm sorry, but you have not laid out the way a man need be saved. There are many things that are true in these posts, but your steps to salvation are thus:

0. Admit you're a sinner.
1. Believe/trust Jesus as your Savior.
2. Speaks of post-salvation life.
3. Speaks of the wrong baptism.

Paul made it very simple.

Romans 10:9-10
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

In your steps, there is no confession that Jesus is Lord. Nor is there a belief He was raised from the dead.

The best lies are the ones that state the truth, but leave out the important bits.

(Jesus did not quote Psalms; the Psalmist prophesied what the Messiah would say at death's door.)
>>
>>2265987
1. Accept that Jesus died for your sins.
2. Get baptized
3. Live your life according to Jesus teachings as best you can

That's it mate. Do all that and you're in.
>>
>>2266274
This will end you up in hell dude. It's satanic.
>>
Reminder to not answer to Singaporean dummy who literally can't read with understanding.
>>2266282
t. Satan
>>
>>2266266
check'd

I prefer to think I'm posting to people who are not engaged in the conversation.
>>
>>2266290
That does not describe me at all.

Paul made it simple.

Romans 10:9-10
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Satan's gospel:
Genesis 3
4 Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

The process of living your life in a vain effort to follow the Law of Moses that Jesus preached is no different from any other pagan system where you hope your good acts outweigh your bad acts, and you are rewarded.

Satan tells you to use your knowledge of good and evil to be like God.

God says you can't.
>>
File: 1472226784136.jpg (7KB, 220x314px) Image search: [Google]
1472226784136.jpg
7KB, 220x314px
>>2266282
>Acting as Jesus taught us to is satanic
Nice try Satan
>>
And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,
>>
>>2266299

You can't act as Jesus taught.

That's what Jesus taught you.

But you failed to hear him. You failed to recognize that he proved you could not follow the Law perfectly, which is required, and proved that you could not do further things that only God does, like go the extra mile, turn the cheek, give up the cloak to the thief, and have no debt to any man.

The Law existed before Jesus incarnated; if you could follow it, there would have been no incarnation.
>>
where "'the worms that eat them do not die, and the fire is not quenched.' Everyone will be salted with fire.

It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!
>>
(5) What do I do if I sin? If you truly regret your sinful act or intention, you can God and your neighbor for forgiveness (Mt. 5:21-26) in conversation and/or prayer (depends on the case). What if I do it again? Apologize again. The israelites constantly brought sacrifices to the altar; we christians constantly bring requests of forgiveness.

(3/2)

>>2266270
I didn't lie; I just didn't remember those verses.

The reason I stated the post-salvation life was as a response to the ones claiming you need to do good, in other words, salvation by works.

I'm not entirely sure why Paul demands these kinds of confessions. I know however that those claims means that:
(1) Jesus is God Himself
(2) All of His sayings are approved by God, including statements about Himself, teachings, prophecies and authority.
(3) God approves of Jesus' expiatory death.
>>
>>2266311
Jesus taught that man is flawed but should ASPIRE to perfection. In his own words "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

What Christian church teaches your interpretation where you're not supposed to be following in Christs footsteps?
>>
>>2266311
But remember, human can also repent. Yes they cannot follow perfectly. But they can repent infinitely. Just like this anon said >>2265828. And also:

Ezekiel 18

But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Rejoice, for there's no limit in repenting our sins. No need for incarnation whatsoever.
>>
>>2266333
I did not accuse you of lying.

I accused you of believing the father of lies.

Paul does not demand anything. Paul is explaining the New Covenant as it was taught to him directly by Jesus.

Those two acts are supernatural acts and cannot be done without the assistance of God himself.

The New Covenant is completely unlike the old.

Jeremiah 31
“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”
>>
>>2266340
That's not an aspiration. That's a demand.

If you want to be like God on your own power, you have to be as perfect as the heavenly Father is perfect, or be damned.

Jesus said "pick up your cross and follow me". I suggest you do it.
>>
>>2266344
No, men cannot repent infinitely, nor do you know what repent means.

"Repent" means to "change your mind", to agree with God that you're a hopeless sinner in need of a savior.

The Law was not there to be followed; it was there to show you that it cannot be followed. That there must be another way, or mankind is condemned.
>>
>>2266354
>That's a demand
Yes, a demand by Christ himself to aspire to perfection even in the knowledge you will never achieve it.

Again, which Christian church actually teaches this interpretation of yours where Christians are not expected to emulate Christ or are you talking out your ass
>>
>>2265236
What do you mean by rich? Rich in friend, money or other materialistic things? Please explain what kind of rich you talking about?
>>
>>2266362
Strong's Concordance
metanoia: change of mind, repentance
Original Word: μετάνοια, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: metanoia
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an'-oy-ah)
Short Definition: repentance, a change of mind
Definition: repentance, a change of mind, change in the inner man.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 3341 metánoia – literally, "a change of mind" ("after-thought"); repentance. See 3340 /metanoeō ("repent").
>>
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."
>>
>>2266370

Again, not to aspire to perfection.

You must BE as perfect as the Father in heaven.

Have you ever told a lie?
Have you ever stolen anything, or shorted God a tithe?
Have you ever lusted after a married person?
Have you ever broken the sabbath?
Have you ever coveted anything from anyone?
Have you ever hated anyone?
Have you ever wished someone dead?
Have you ever not honored your mother and father?
>>
>>2266371
He's a fool who thinks Jesus' admonition to the rich young Jewish ruler to divest himself of all his wealth and give it to the poor is a decree to all Christians.
>>
>>2266362
So your saying that human can't repent? Are all of these verses >>2266344 hogwash? Jesus told you this. Repent and your sins is forgiven. No need for incarnation.
>>
To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
>>
>>2266383
Read 24. It speaks of that man going to hell.

Humans must repent in order to be transformed into new creations; in order to be born again in the Spirit.

Think of it this way. You're living your life your way looking forward, using your knowledge of good and evil to try to do good, and avoid evil.

God is behind you saying he has the only way, the only means of salvation.

As long as you keep walking forward, doing things your way, God will always be behind you.

But if you repent, and turn around, and embrace God, you will find he's been there the whole time. This is what he does. He saves sinners from the consequences of spiritual death by giving them eternal life.

Change your mind, turn around and find God. He's the still quiet voice you hear when you want to.
>>
>>2266362
>the Law was there not to be followed
What? Jesus literally said that he came to FULFILL the law.
>>
>>2266388
It's odd how you say you troll Christians by posting "random" verses into threads like these, and then post relevant verses that you don't understand.

The second man was justified by pleading guilty when he was guilty, and wise to seek mercy instead of justice. As he lived in a time under the Law, he must have believed Moses and the prophets to be saved, or outlived Jesus and witnessed/believed in the resurrection to be saved.

Merely going to court and pleading Guilty when you are Guilty is not a means to salvation; it's just a means to a shorter trial.
>>
Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
>>
>>2266400
>Reply to Thread No.2265234

Way to Fulfill Law #1: Never break it.

Way to Fulfill Law #2: Pay the penalty for breaking it.

Jesus did both, and on all our behalf. So while the Law is there, I am dead to the Law as I died in Christ Jesus, and in him there is no condemnation.

And the Law does not chase down dead men.
>>
>>2265236
Catholic here, God has nothing against anyone being rich or successful as long as they are morally good people in their own lives and do not arrogantly show off their riches as if money is their God.

And who says your riches cannot be used to help others and no that does not mean give up all of your wealth and possesions to become a hobo.
>>
>>2266396
>24
>But when
There's no contradiction. If a righteous man turn from the truth and sins without repenting. He will go to hell.

But if he repent from doing sins, the he will go to heaven.
>>
File: 1484816536895.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1484816536895.png
127KB, 601x508px
>163 replies
>Still no answer
>>
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
>>
>>2266420
Please speak only of the pope, as he is your father. Not God.
>>
one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
>>
>>2266435
Okay Protestant
>>
>>2266421

First off, you are quoting an OT writer on how people were saved in the OT. If you want that to apply to you, you need to invent some sort of time machine.

Secondly, if you were righteous back then, and then before you died were wicked, all of your righteousness (belief in God, and a messiah) would count for nothing. They did not have the eternal assurance of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.

Finally, you need to concern yourself with how you can be saved in this age, and the answer is not in Isaiah. While Jesus is the subject of Isaiah 53, and a person can come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ by recognizing Jesus as the OT Messiah, you live in the church age, the last days, the days between the Pentecost and the Rapture.

You need to know what the deal is between God and you, and do your part.
>>
>>2266423
See >>2266274
Anyone who says otherwise is memeing
>>
>>2266446
Thank you. I like to cut down on confusion as much as possible. We can either talk about Jesus, or we can talk about Roman Catholicism.

Never both.
>>
>>2266455

Show that in the bible.

I showed in Romans where Paul could not have made it any more simple than he did.
>>
>>2266457
Whatever you say Anglican cuck
>>
>>2266409
>>2266128
It's impossible to do both since they contradict each other, since:

Moses: salvation by following the law
Jesus(according to Christians): salvation by faith alone

They contradict each other.

"New law overwrote the old law"
NEVER since:

Matthew 5:18
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

And yes, this is the same context as this anon >>2265309
>>
>>2266469

In the area you chose, they do.

In the area where Moses promises a coming Messiah, they do not.
>>
>>2266469
>For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

And everything was accomplished, at the cross at Calvary and from out of a garden tomb three days later.
>>
>>2266469
>everything is accomplished
He was talking about his crucifixion here. When that happened everything he came to do was accomplished and the old law was replaced by the new covenant
>>
>>2266469

Luke 16:31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

John 1:45 Philip found Nathanael and said to him, “We have found Him of whom Moses in the law, and also the prophets, wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”

If you'll recall the giving of the Ten Commandments, they did not make it to the bottom of the mountain before Moses destroyed them, lest his people die.
>>
>>2266455
>*According to the bible*
>>
>>2266481
>>2266486
>everything accomplished
What do you mean? The OT specifically said that those who sin shall die(hell), those who righteous shall live(heaven).

This law will never be accomplished until we're go to heaven or hell.
>>
>>2266504
What the OT said is irrelevant since it got replaced when Jesus was crucified and resurrected.
>>
>>2266504

All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

There are none righteous, no, not one.

No one has ever been saved by the Law. The Law is there to convict you of your sins and to increase sin in your life.
>>
>>2266510
Yeah, the Lord broke his staves 2400 years ago; the Old Covenant is disappearing, and soon will not be.
>>
But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

The greatest among you will be your servant.

So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
>>
You can't. You need latter day revelation
>>
>>2266510
Again, Jesus said:

Matthew 5:18
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

This is NT, coming straight from Jesus mouth. Are you saying God lie?

>>2266512
Again, we can repent. Yes human is weak, but they can repent >>2266344, for God forgave sins for His own sake, not through someone elses blood.
>>
>>2266512
How about Moses? Was he saved by the Law?
>>
File: 1485137310302.jpg (206KB, 656x788px) Image search: [Google]
1485137310302.jpg
206KB, 656x788px
>200 replies
>No mention of the Nicene Creed
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicene_Creed

/his/ is fucking garbage.
>>
The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."
>>
>>2266553
Oh yeah, can any Christians bros help me?

Athenasius used the words "homousean" in the council of Nicea. Does this mean that Christians believe that the Father and Jesus is the same? Isn't that blasphemy?
>>
>>2266534
>This is NT, coming straight from Jesus mouth. Are you saying God lie
Of course not. Everything he came to do was accomplished. Read it again

> will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished

And it was. It was accomplished. The old law is no more
>>
>>2266534

I already did.

You can, if you want.

God forgave mankind's sins based on the blood of our Kinsman Redeemer, Jesus, and the statement "for they know not what they do."

The latter applies more to you than anyone I've ever posted with.
>>
>>2266546
No, he was saved by his belief in God, same as Abraham.
>>
>>2266558
Jesus said "I and the Father are One" and "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father".

So, not blasphemous.
>>
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
>>
>>2266562
>>2266562
Are we in heaven now? Are we in hell now? OT said we will go either of those place.

But we haven't got there. Which mean it's still isn't accomplished.
>>
>>2266553
The Nicene creed has literally nothing to do with what is being discussed
>>
>>2266572
So you're saying that the Father is Jesus?
>>
>>2266582
>OT said we will go either of those place.
What the OT says is irrelevant since it got replaced with the new covenant.
>>
File: 1485139685169.jpg (78KB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485139685169.jpg
78KB, 1008x720px
>>2266553
>According to legend, on Oct. 27, the day before the two armies would battle outside of Rome near the Milvian Bridge, Constantine had a vision instructing him to fight in the name of Christ, with his soldiers’ shields bearing the symbol of Christ. The symbol was either a cross or the labarum, an intersection of the chi (X) and rho (P), the letters of Christ.

Christian author Lactantius, writing several years after the battle, described, “Constantine was directed in a dream to cause the heavenly sign to be delineated on the shields of his soldiers, and so to proceed to battle. He did as he had been commanded, and he marked on their shields the letter Χ, with a perpendicular line drawn through it and turned round thus at the top, being the cipher of Christ. Having this sign (ΧP), his troops stood to arms.”

The author Eusebius, a Constantine apologist, also described the event in “Life of Constantine,” which he wrote after Constantine’s death in 337. According to Eusebius, Constantine saw a vision of a cross rather than the letters of Christ.

“He saw with his own eyes the trophy of a cross of light in the heavens, above the sun, and bearing the inscription, CONQUER BY THIS. At this sight he himself was struck with amazement, and his whole army also, which followed him on this expedition, and witnessed the miracle.

What did Jesus mean by this?
>>
>>2266589
Jesus said the Law will NEVER be abolished until everything is accomplished, which is clearly NOT the case.
>>
>>2266584
Neither is 80% of this thread. This thread devolved into an argument about biblical canon. The Nicen Creed is THE event that established biblical canon. How is it irrelevant?
>>
>>2265244
Don't forget Matthew 25:31-46
"Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

And James 2:26
"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
>>
>>2266601
Don't blame me, it's that AnimeAnon's fault.
>>
>>2266595
But everything was accomplished after he got crucified and resurrected. It was accomplished and then the old covenant was replaced with the new
>>
>>2266595
James 19:30?
"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost"
>>
So now why are you putting God to the test by placing on the neck of the disciples a yoke that neither our ancestors nor we have been able to bear?
>>
>>2266582

You're not thinking the way God thinks. You're trapped in time, and you think things in the "future" have not happened yet.

God sees the end from the beginning, and what he says he will do in the "future" is already done.
>>
>>2266609
Ok anon. Look,

>book said: people that kill shall die
>people that kill haven't die yet

Is the book accomplished yet?
>>
>>2266586
I'm saying that the Trinity is

Father is God
Son is God
Spirit is God

There is one God
>>
>>2266618
>Is the book accomplished yet?
Yes, because Jesus died on the cross. It is done.
>>
>>2266590
Nothing. Jesus and Constantine have nothing to do with each other.

Constantine's vision was a chi and a rho flanking the sun, as he was a sun god worshiper and patron of the temple of Apollo until he died.

The conversion of Constantine is as fake as the Donation of Constantine.
>>
>>2266590
Still waiting for someone to tell me why Jesus told Constantine to conquer in his name ultimately leading to the Nicene Creed and the establishment of the "official" Christian bible?. What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2266618
I'm sorry you're angry Judaism got replaced by Christianity but it's been 2000 years, you've got to get over it
>>
that you abstain from meat that has been sacrificed to idols and from blood and from what has been strangled and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from doing these things, you will do well. Farewell.
>>
>>2266626
According to whom? *HISTORY* begs to differ.
>>
>>2266616
What is 'until'?

>>2266612
Tch, I rather believe Jesus own's word >>2265722 than "God-knows-who" write it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible
>>
>>2266619
The Bishops there are hesitate to accept Athanasius "homousean". Which clear shows that "homousean" is saying that the Father is Jesus. So, is the Father Jesus?

>>2266621
No, I mean the book in my >>2266618?
>>
>>2266644
What denomination are you? I'm curious about what branch of Christianity actually has the doctrine you're talking about where Old Testament verses supersede New Testament verses
>>
>>2266663
Arius
>>
>>2265234
love Jesus

Every other good thing will stem from this.
>>
>>2266663
And also, I never said that the OT was suoersede the NT. I said the OT will never be abolished and Jesus came to fulfill the OT, not to destroy it.
>>
>>2266669
A heretic who was rightly dismissed over a thousand years ago.
>>
>>2266644
Are you implying the Holy ghost did not inspire the author of James so as to avoid any confusion in his flock?
>>
>>2266680
Anon, look at the fact. There are literally thousands and thousands of ancient bible manuscript. There are literally no two identical to each others.

All of the writer are inspired, yet they wrote differently from one another.

Inspired isn't strong enough of an argument.

>>2266675
Contastine was himself baptized by an Arian. Tell me, is he going to hell?
>>
[Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.

And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive

And [made me] dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant.

And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."
>>
>>2266675
What? For believing in Jesus's words? Like that AnimeAnon? Jesus, when asked what commandments is the first of all, he said:

Mark 12:29
"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

>TRINITY
Fact One — The word Trinity is nowhere found in the scriptures.

Fact Two — Not one of the Apostolic Fathers (Clement, Barnabas, Ignatius, Mathetes, Polycarp, Papias, Justin Martyr) mentioned this doctrine in any of the 1200 pages of text they left us.

Fact Three — When the word "Trinity" first appeared in Christian writings it meant nothing like it does today. It simply implied the existence of God, his Word, and Wisdom.

Fact Four — Irenaeus, Clement of Alexandria, Tertullian, Origen, Novatian, Arnobius and Lactantius (all early and revered Christian writers) explicitly affirmed that the Heavenly Father alone is the supreme God and that Jesus is subordinate to His will and authority (The Lord our God is one Lord, Bible Students Congregation of New Brunswick, page 2). "During the first three centuries ... almost all of the early church Fathers ... admitted the inferiority of the Son to the Father" (Alvan Lamson, Church of the First Three Centuries)
>>
>>2266723
>What? For believing in Jesus's words?
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
>>
>>2266750
Jesus is the Father?
>>
>>2266775
Yes, and it's not up for debate either
>>
After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, "Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe.

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
>>
>>2266779
Anon no, please. Sorry for my harsh words. You and I know that is blasphemy.

If you look at the entire context(John 14:1-14), it said:

>Jesus is showing spiritual way to the Father
>Disciples misunderstood him, thinking that it was geographical place
>Jesus said he is the way to the Father
>Disciples, unsatisfied, ask Jesus to show them the Father
>Jesus got mad, because as the disciples as a Jew, they should know better
>For whoever who see God will not live(Exodus 33:20)

>Jesus said the "Father is in him as Jesus is in the Father."
This is the oneness in purpose, not literally.

Don't agree? Read John 17:20-23 and tell, is the disciples also Gods?

>Jesus than continue to say that these words is not his authority, but the Father in heaven.
>Meaning that the Father use Jesus as a way of communication with the people.
>Follow Jesus, because surely you will reach the Father.

This is what Jesus >>2266750 meant.
>>
>>2266602

Tribulation Saints.

Not us in this age.

Note the sheep stay here on earth and enter into the Millennial Kingdom, not go to heaven.

This church age, this age of grace, ends at the Rapture.
>>
>>2266639
According to all accounts of his bogus vision.

Jesus: My Kingdom is not spread by the sword.

Constantine: Jesus totally told me to spread his kingdom by the sword.

It's really not my fault you fell for the ruse.
>>
>>2266644

"Until" is yet another word that is trapped in a time line.

For instance, "Joseph did not have sexual intercourse with Mary until after the birth of Jesus."
>>
>>2266659
It's always been about man and God, meeting face-to-face.

You can hide behind whomever you want, for the moment.
>>
>>2266663
And I'm equally curious what Christian church is teaching the Old Covenant.
>>
>>2266680

We're directly stating that you're incapable of understanding the things of God, yes.

I don't ever think I've seen you ask an honest question.
>>
>>2266723
John 1:1 says that the Word (Jesus) was with God and was God.
In John 10:30 Jesus said that He and the Father are one.
In John 14:9 He said that anyone who has seen Him has seen the Father.
In Colossians 1:15 Paul wrote that Jesus is the (visible) image of the invisible God.
In Hebrews 1:3 Jesus is called the exact representation of God’s glory
In Hebrews 1:8 God Himself called Jesus God.
God’s Spirit is presumed to be one and the same with God just as your spirit is presumed to be one and the same with you. So if God and Jesus are one and the same, and God and His Spirit are one and the Same, then the three are one.

There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-6). Yet there are three persons presented as deity in Scripture: the Father (John 6:27; Colossians 1:3), the Son (John 1:1-3, 14; 8:24; 20:28-29; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12) and the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Samuel 23:2-3; 2 Corinthians 3:18). Lastly, these three are presented as distinct persons (John 8:16-18; Luke 11:1; 3:21-22; Galatians 4:6). Thus from Scripture we learn that although there is one God, there are three distinct persons who are deity. So the Trinity is the biblical position to hold to once one examines what Scripture teaches.
>>
>>2266827
What you utter is blasphemy.

What Anon tries to tell you is fruitless.

You have chosen a side, and you refuse to repent.
>>
File: IMG_0242.jpg (166KB, 500x704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0242.jpg
166KB, 500x704px
>Beelzebub is also identified in the New Testament as the devil, "prince of the demons".[15][16] Biblical scholar Thomas Kelly Cheyne suggested that it might be a derogatory corruption of Ba‘al Zəbûl, "Lord of the High Place" (i.e., Heaven) or "High Lord".[17]
>>
>>2266908
Another name for satan, the lord of shit and the flies that eat the shit.
>>
>>2266908
Of Chaldee origin (by parody on Ba'al Zbuwb); dung-god; Beelzebul, a name of Satan -- Beelzebub.
>>
File: IMG_0243.png (114KB, 701x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0243.png
114KB, 701x800px
>At an allegorical level, the central theme is the conflicting human impulses toward civilization and social organization—living by rules, peacefully and in harmony—and toward the will to power. Themes include the tension between groupthink and individuality, between rational and emotional reactions, and between morality and immorality. How these play out, and how different people feel the influences of these form a major subtext of Lord of the Flies.[citation needed] The name "Lord of the Flies" is a literal translation of Beelzebub, from 2 Kings 1:2–3, 6, 16.
>>
Why didn't Jesus let Judas betray him?
Why would Jesus let his friend die in such a horrific way, when he knew what would happen to Judas?
Why is Judas in the 9th circle,of hell being chewed by Satan for all,eternity?

Jesus could of saved him
>>
>>2266907
Do you even read the context?
>>
You can't be a Christian if you deny the divinity of Jesus, that's like the core principle of the entire religion.
>>
File: image.png (361KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
361KB, 500x619px
>>2266899
Listen to what Jesus HIMSELF is telling:

Jesus HIMSELF said:

John 14:48 :
...My Father is greater than I

John 10:29:
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all...

John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing....

Johh 5:30 clearly implies Jesus does not possess the quality of God. God can do everything.

Matthew 24:36:
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

This verse is talking about doomsday. This clearly state that Jesus(Son) doesn't know when is doomsday. God know everything, but Jesus doesn't know everything.

Mark 10:18
"And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.

Jesus, according to him, are not even worthy to be called good. Much less a god.

Mark 12:29
"Here, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.

The Trinity concept is refuted by Jesus.

John 5:31
"If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid.

If Jesus is god, then how come he CANNOT testify his own testimony?

Isaiah 11:2-3

2. The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him (Jesus)-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the FEAR OF THE LORD
3. and he will delight in the fear of the LORD....

'God'(Jesus) fearing another God(Father)? Nonsense.

ACCORDING TO YOU CHRISTIANS, Jesus was begotten by God, which literally means he has a beginning. Thus he is not God, for God has no beginning.

Look, all of this verses shows that Jesus is NOT God. Do you not care about your Jesus said? Are you really putting your Jesus's words below the Epistles?
>>
>>2267349
are you familiar with Arius?
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 261x260px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 261x260px
>>2266899
Look anon, if A=X, B=X and C=X, then A=B=C, right?

No, D came to destroy the party. If D=X, then A=B=C=D. Then it not Trinity anymore.

Example:

Exodus 7:1;
...LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh...

2 Corinthians 4:4:
Satan, who is the god of this world, ....

Hebrew 7
2 ...Melchizedek first being by interpretation “king of righteousness,” and after that also king of Salem, which means “king of peace.”
3 Without father, without mother and without descent, having neither beginning of days nor end of life

Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods...

Kings 13:21
...When the body(dead) touched Elisha's bones, the man came to life...

1 Corinthians 2:15
The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but ((he himself is not subject to any man's judgment)).

There's also counterpart verse where Jesus disclaiming divinity, like here >>2267349

See the importance of having a verse that it close to saying that those three are one? You need a pillar to support the Trinity concept, but you haven't got that.
>>
>>2267291
Of course. I also know who you are.

>>Jesus is showing spiritual way to the Father
Jesus is saying that He is the only way to the Father. There is no "spiritual way to the Father".

>>Disciples misunderstood him, thinking that it was geographical place
The misunderstanding came BEFORE Jesus said I Am The Way.

>>Jesus said he is the way to the Father
Jesus said "No man comes to the Father but by Me."

>>Disciples, unsatisfied, ask Jesus to show them the Father
Different day, Philip wants reassurance that Jesus really is from the Father. He is rebuked.

>>Jesus got mad, because as the disciples as a Jew, they should know better
Jesus did not get mad. He told Philip that he should have figured out Jesus is YHWH before this.

>>For whoever who see God will not live(Exodus 33:20)
God the Father, who dwells in unapproachable light. Note that Jacob wrestled God, Jesus preincarnate, and did not die.

>>Jesus said the "Father is in him as Jesus is in the Father."
Jesus said "I am in the Father, and the Father is in me."

>This is the oneness in purpose, not literally.
This is the Son and Father being bound as One God by the Spirit. Literally.

>Don't agree?
I never agree with lies, no. And I never agree with non-Christian's take on the bible, as these things are spiritually discerned, and you lack spiritual discernment entirely.

>Read John 17:20-23 and tell, is the disciples also Gods?
Jesus is praying that his followers be bound as one via the Spirit the same way the Father and Son are bound as One God via the Spirit.

>>Jesus than continue to say that these words is not his authority, but the Father in heaven.
There is no higher authority to appeal to.

>>Meaning that the Father use Jesus as a way of communication with the people.
Meaning that Jesus is the way to see God and not die.

>>Follow Jesus, because surely you will reach the Father.
You must confess aloud Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart God raised him from the dead.
>>
>>2267369
The ONE thing that Orthodox, Catholics and Protestants agree 100% on is the divinity of Jesus Christ and this chucklefuck thinks he's the one who has it right
>>
File: image.png (28KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
28KB, 250x250px
>>2267366
Are you familiar with hearing Jesus's OWN words? Are you aware the Trinity facts in this anon >>2266723? The Early Epistlic DOESNT WRITE ONE WORDS about Trinity.
>>
>>2267349
The Father sent the Son; he who sends is greater than he who is sent. Yet the Father and Son are One.

Everything Jesus did was on direct orders from the Father. Everything but Jesus' prayer at Gethsemane and what Jesus uttered on the cross was from the Father.

Each person of the Trinity has a unique attribute.

Jesus did not deny that the man should call him good, and therefore call him God. He set the man up for his disobedience in the next few minutes.

The Trinity is One God.

The Father is witness to the Son; the Spirit is witness to the Son; the works are witness of the Son; and Jesus is witness on his own. The prophets are witnesses of him, as are the angels in heaven, and all the dead.

You are without excuse, and condemned already.

Enjoy being evil while you can. You will not enjoy it much longer.
>>
>>2267385
So you accept the inferiority of the Son?
>>
>>2267369
Many things are worshiped as gods. That does not make them the one true God.

satan wants to be worshiped as God, and you are obliging him. There is a price to be paid for that you will not imagine, or you would repent and be saved.

Paul was showing the Jews that the Levites in Abraham's testicles gave tithe to Melchizadek before they were even born; that there was a greater man even in Abraham's time than Abraham.

Yes, Elisha did many miracles, even after death.

Jesus never said he was not good, or was not God. Just more lies from your corrupt spiritual father.
>>
>>2267384
John 1:1 says that the Word (Jesus) was with God and was God.
In John 10:30 Jesus said that He and the Father are one.
In John 14:9 He said that anyone who has seen Him has seen the Father.
In Colossians 1:15 Paul wrote that Jesus is the (visible) image of the invisible God.
In Hebrews 1:3 Jesus is called the exact representation of God’s glory
In Hebrews 1:8 God Himself called Jesus God.
God’s Spirit is presumed to be one and the same with God just as your spirit is presumed to be one and the same with you. So if God and Jesus are one and the same, and God and His Spirit are one and the Same, then the three are one.

There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-6). Yet there are three persons presented as deity in Scripture: the Father (John 6:27; Colossians 1:3), the Son (John 1:1-3, 14; 8:24; 20:28-29; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12) and the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Samuel 23:2-3; 2 Corinthians 3:18). Lastly, these three are presented as distinct persons (John 8:16-18; Luke 11:1; 3:21-22; Galatians 4:6). Thus from Scripture we learn that although there is one God, there are three distinct persons who are deity. So the Trinity is the biblical position to hold to once one examines what Scripture teaches.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 1024x576px
>>2267383
Yes exactly, who cares about what Jesus said? What matter is what other people said about him?

Am I right?
>>
>>2267388
To the sole case of the Father, yes. The Son has been elevated above all things but the Father.

And Jesus and the Father are One.

The Trinity is in relationship with itself.
>>
>>2267383

Let him be evil for yet a little while longer.
>>
>>2267394
>Yes exactly, who cares about what Jesus said? What matter is what other people said about him?
What do you think the gospels are, dumbass?
>>
File: image.png (97KB, 307x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
97KB, 307x266px
>>2267398
The Epistlic Fathers themselves never wrote one word about the doctorine in their 1200 pages they left us.

>>2267411
What is Jesus direct quotes? What is Jesus direct words? What is Jesus HIMSELF said?

>>2267393
I literally bet my left nut that most of these aren't even Jesus OWN words.
>>
File: image.png (107KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
107KB, 295x295px
>>2267393
>Hebrew 1:8
If you look at the context, you will literally see that "your enemies will become your footstool".

What footstool? What throne? What everlasting kingdom? THE JEWS WERE SITTING ON THRONE during Jesus's trial. Look at Jerusalem, are Christians ruling it? No. It's the Jews.
>>
File: image.png (174KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
174KB, 960x960px
>>2267393
>John 8:24
Do you even read the context? When Jesus said "I am he", he doesn't mean that he is God, but the Messiah(meaning savior) that is prophesied in the OT.

Messiah(also means Christ) is not a god, just a messenger from God.

John 8:28
...you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.

"Nothing on my own", "speak just what the Father has taught me". Sounds like a prophet to me.
>>
>>2267432
>implying any of it is his words

Okay so basically:
>Local jew brings about reformist measures
>Local jew dies because 1)elites ain't having that 2)the Romans ain't risking an upset that makes the jews riot again
>reformist jew's followers debate his meaning
>reformist jew's followers end up creating a new religion

(from the 'history/shit we know happened' angle, not the theological lore angle)
>>
File: image.png (60KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60KB, 178x180px
>>2267393
>John 20:28-29
>about Thomas
If you look at the verse, Thomas EXCLAIMS. It's like when someone see you cutting your wrist, many pious peole would say, "My God, Richard. What're you doing?!".

Are they calling Richard a God? No.

When Thomas says "My Lord and my God", if he really means what Christians claims that he is saying (that Jesus is both God and Lord), then the disciples supposed to kill him right then and there. Because this is blasphemy of the highest order.

Why? There's only one God and one only Lord:

I Corinthians 8:6
"...yet for us there is but one God, the Father...and one Lord, Jesus Christ ..."

But we know that the disciples didn't do that, nor did Jesus do that. So the earlier part of this post is the explanation of why Thomas says that.
>>
>>2267453
Sorry, are you talking about Jesus or the Early Epistlic Father? Also, what're you trying to say?
>>
Nigga, it's all from the memory of the followers and early church fathers.

None of it is directly Jesus's words. The guy was likely illiterate. God/son of god/body filled with the spirit/whatever, none of it is his actual words.
>>
>>2267393
Jesus pray to God

Jesus fear the Lord

Does this sound like Jesus are equal with the Father?
>>
>>2267471
Jesus. That's all he was. Some reformist jew who got killed off.

All the bible verses are just what his followers say he did or say he said. None of it is 'his words' like this anime poster seems to think.
>>
>>2267432
>>2267451
>>2267452
>>2267462

Thanks for not sperging out with PRODDIES BTFO like you usually do.

I'd answer any of your questions if they were legitimate.
>>
>>2267462

Jesus accepted Thomas' worship of him as God.

Jesus is God.

Your father is the devil himself.
>>
>>2267452

I Am is the name of God. The Jews who tried to murder him for saying it weren't confused.

You're confused.

As you point out many times, God is not the author of confusion, so your confusion must come from the father of lies, the devil himself.

And looking at your posts, they all reek of attar and brimstone.
>>
File: image.png (57KB, 173x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
57KB, 173x180px
>>2267393
>John 10:30
If you take that into as Jesus claiming divinity then:

John 17
21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—

23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

According to your logic, the disciples is also divine. But we never said the Disciples are God, right?
>>
>>2267508

Yes, if you are one with the Father, the Holy Spirit is in you binding you as one with the Father.

Hence the old hymn

We are One in the Spirit
We are One in the Lord

Says nothing about us being divine, only glorified and united with God by His holy Spirit.

Your father wants to be worshiped as God.

Mine actually is.
>>
>>2267508

You should really consider yourself poorly informed in this area.

Seriously.

This lack of knowledge and lack of wisdom has serious repercussions for you.

Jesus is One with the Father as Jesus created the universe.

We are One with the Father as we have his Holy Spirit dwelling within us. One body, Christ the head, the whole coming together united by the Spirit.

And you on the outside, weeping and wailing and gnashing your teeth.
>>
File: 1478530816119.jpg (75KB, 1024x971px) Image search: [Google]
1478530816119.jpg
75KB, 1024x971px
>>2267508
>Unironically worshipping Satan as God
You need to turn back heretic
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 392x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 392x409px
>>2267486
So you're saying all of them aren't Jesus's words?

>>2267494
Thomas said Jesus is the God and the Lord. Do you accept it? That the Father is Jesus?

>>2267507
Anon look, the "I AM" in the NT is merely "I am".

We don't know what the "I AM" in the OT in greek is, but we must agree that this "I AM" is special, that is different from the mere "I am".

But nowhere in the Bible we find that, there's not one "I am" that is special from any other "I am". All the greek are the sames. It's been used multiple times in the Bible. Thus, it isn't anything special.
>>
>>2267530
>Thomas said Jesus is the God and the Lord. Do you accept it? That the Father is Jesus?

I accept everything properly in the bible. Including this.

John 20
Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

I Am in the NT is LORD, standing in for YHWH, which is "I Am That I Am".
>>
>>2267530
>That the Father is Jesus?

There's only One God.
>>
>>2267530
I'm saying that a jew (Jesus) got baptised, went around preaching before being killed for causing a disturbance during pass over and almost causing the jews to revolt

All the miracles and tales and 'I am god' and all that is just his followers bullshitting and extending his message out to make it bigger.
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 877x917px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 877x917px
>>2267514
So you accept that this oneness is nothing special? That is nothing to say about Jesus being divine?

>>2267521
I literally gave you the exact same application of wording that you Christians used to prove Jesus is God, and applied it to the Disciples. The wording are the same.

JUST LIKE Jesus in the Father, Father in Jesus, Jesus in disciples. Are the disciples divine? No.

>>2267522
Ayy, I like Konosuba.
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 439x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 439x370px
>>2267547
>>2267542
One question, are you saying that the Father is Jesus?
>>
>>2267550

That's an interesting opinion, based on nothing and contradicting the power of Christianity on the planet for thousands of years.
>>
>>2267559
I accept nothing you believe. I've made that quite clear.

That Jesus wants us to be bound with him in the Spirit is a wonderful act of generosity. That you think it's "nothing" is, as I have said before, a lie from the pit of hell.

The disciples are not in the Father, and the Father is not in the disciples.

The Holy Spirit is in the disciples, and the Holy Spirit is God.
>>
>>2267564
It's based on actual history.
Not theology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus
>>
>>2267562

I am saying what Jesus said.

"I and the Father are One."

Your complete and utter inability to realize that the triune nature of God exceeds your limited intellect is on you, not God.
>>
>>2267564
> /his/
>historical study is wrong because it doesn't fit my theology :ccccc
>>
>>2267570

Go ahead and explain why there's a wiki page on the "historical Jesus" if he was just a homeless Jewish rabbi from a small town of ill repute.

Show me the thousands of other wiki pages on the thousands of other homeless Jewish rabbis during the second temple.

I'll wait.
>>
>>2267578

History is His Story, and He told it in the bible.
>>
>>2267579
? Did I say he was a homeless rabbi from a small town of ill repute?

I said he was a reformist jew, that went around preaching, before being killed, whose followers then went and spread his message, adding and extending to the story as they went along to make it fit in with jewish predictions.
>>
>>2267578

>Mankind's scribblings can control God.
>>
>>2267584

He was a homeless rabbi from a small town of ill repute.

Go ahead and tell me how you know about him, and why we're still talking about him, 2000 years later.
>>
>>2267582
>bible isn't written by jesus
>'he told it in the bible'.

That's like saying that Caesar told you his life, because it was recorded by Suetonius
>>
>>2267575
So yes or no? I want only simple answer yes or no answer.
>>
>>2267593
The 66 books of the bible are all inspired by the Holy Spirit of God, Who indwelled all 40 or so of the authors and brought all things to their remembrance, and gave them prophecies to utter.

30% of the bible is prophetic.

All bible prophecy comes true 100% when ripe.

Some is not yet ripe. It will also come true.
>>
>>2267591
Because his followers made up crap about him, the story spread about.

It got some more converts and maytrs when the followers refused to show their loyalty to the Emperor via offering up a sacrifice and some got purged/arrested.

Then during the crisis of the 3rd century it spread more because it had a message of salvation and >holy shit everything is falling apart the world is ending
>>
>>2267595

"I and the Father are One."
"If you have seen me, you have seen the Father."

--Jesus of Nazareth
>>
>>2267599

What a ridiculous theory. You're right. & Humanities was a mistake.
>>
>>2267598
*73 books
>>
>>2267602
...that's not a theory tho?
That's what happened, if you remove the theology element and just look at the history?
>>
>>2267600
Yes or No? Tell me. Yes or No?
>>
>>2267603

66 holy books.

Other unholy books.
>>
>>2267606

If you remove the theology part of it, you have absolutely no explanation how this homeless rabbi's ragtag dozen men changed the world.
>>
>>2267613
>>2267600
>>
>>2267624
As expected, you can't even give a proper answer.
>>
>>2267619
By forming a new religion?
Removing the theology part as in 'Hey, what if you know, this was just a reformist jew whose followers made a religion out of' instead of 'TOTALLY THE SON OF GOD!'
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 429x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 429x480px
>>2267600
>REGARDING I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE
Do you even read the context? It the Oneness in purpose, not like a sausage. The Jews at that time are looking for a fight, they ask Jesus to tell them plainly if he really is the Messiah. Jesus said:

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me,

26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

29 My Father, who has given them to me, """""is greater than all"""""; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

30 I and the Father are one.”

In this to see that Jesus and the Father is one in purpose, not like a sausage. The same oneness can be found on >>2267508.
>>
>>2265995
no

>14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
>>
>>2267628
>>2267624
>>
>>2267640
And in your opinion, them doing so would have fundamentally changed history.
>>
>>2267651
>I did tell you, but you do not believe.

This is to people like you.
>>
>>2267654
Romans 4

But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.”
>>
>>2267669
Do you even read the context?
>>
>>2267683

Always.

I am in the Spirit. Jesus has me. The Father has me in his hand.

Nobody's taking me out of the Father's hand.

Father is God
Son is God
Spirit is God

There is One God
>>
>>2267683

You say that Jesus and the Father are merely One of purpose.

Yet if they were merely One of purpose, you would not see the Father when you saw Jesus.

And yet, here Jesus is saying if you have seen me, you have seen the Father.

He and the Father are One.
>>
>>2267707
Also, as Jesus and the Father are One, they are of necessity of one purpose.

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

As your father the devil well knows.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 600x338px
If Jesus really is claiming to be what you Christians say that he is, then why did JESUS REFUTE against the Jews accusations?

John 10:

JEWS ACCUSATION
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God"

JESUS REFUTATION
34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’?

35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside—

36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

Look, the term "Son of God" is an innocent expression, which applies for pious person. The Jews were even called "gods" in the OT.

Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods...

If God call the Jews "gods" then why did the Jews find fault in Jesus's claim to be JUST the "Son of God"?

Look, JESUS REFUTE AGAINST THE ACCUSATIONS OF BEING DIVINE.
>>
File: image.png (217KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
217KB, 750x1334px
>>2267752
So what if Jesus is claiming to be a Son of God? God got many sons, like in pic related.

Adam, Israel(another name for Prophet Jacob, Genesis 35:10), Ephraim, David, Jesus and the people in pic.

David is even called 'begotten' by God.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The words begotten in John 3:16 is TAKEN OUT from the Bible. Thus Jesus is MERELY "Son of God". David is BEGOTTEN by God.

What's this? Are they all Gods? Since you Christians worship Jesus because he claims he's the 'Son of God', why aren't you worshipping the other 'Sons'. You can't have double standards.

No, it does not literally mean 'Son of God', it an idiom of the Jews to call pious men 'Son of God'. The mentioned are all pious, weren't they?
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 362x346px
>>2267707
Do you even read the context of "if you see me you've seen the Father"?

>>2267698
Do you even read the context of John 10?

Both of these wording application of "Father in me, I'm in the Father" and "I and my Father are one" literally can be applied to the disciples.

You can't have double standards, Your God Jesus said the disciples are with Jesus. Want to obey your God? Then worship the disciples.
>>
>>2267796
*the disciples is in Jesus

Thus, the disciples are gods. Worship them.
>>
File: image.jpg (279KB, 788x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279KB, 788x1050px
>>2267707
>SEEN THE FATHER

John 1:18
"No man hath seen God at any time,"

1 John 4:12
"No man hath seen God at any time,"

What is this? But wasn't the people see Jesus? According to your logic, if we see Jesus, then we seen the Father. These two verses CLEARLY CONTRADICTS with what you've said.

3 John 1:11
Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God"

So, are good people have seen God? Are the evil people can't see God? But wasn't these two groups see Jesus?

No, it didn't LITERALLY mean that. It means that if you see Jesus, then you would see that things that God gave to Jesus:

John 17:6-8:
6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which """"""thou gavest me""""""" out of the world: thine they were, and """""""thou gavest them me""""""; and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever """""thou hast given me""""" are of thee.

8 For I have given unto them the words which """"""thou gavest me"""""; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me
>>
>>2265234
Did OP got the answer already?
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.