[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /interesting ancestors/ here? Tell me their stories. Mine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 34

Who /interesting ancestors/ here? Tell me their stories.

Mine are shitkicking illitierate Ukrainian peasants as far the church records go back, allow me to live vicariously through you.
>>
>>2264303
Slaves.

tyvm lazy white people
>>
My earliest ancestor was a Scottish priest who was executed for spreading Protestantism.
>>
Eight generations back my great-great-....grandfather was some Montenegrin dude who killed someone and ran away to Serbia to escape the inevitable blood feud. But pretty much everyone was an illiterate peasant
>>
>>2264305
Fuck off, nigger.
>>
>>2264303
I have an ancestor who had a farm with a few hundreds of slaves.
Supposedly he suuuuper nice and didn't give the slaves physical punishments, at least that's how the story goes.
I also have literal slaves as ancestors.
>>
I haven't taken a DNA test yet, but I'm excited to. I can trace back to the Banes (Scottish) and on a trip through Europe my aunt went into a random old church and was surprised to find an old family tree showing where my ancestor married into the Banes.

I'm supposedly related to General Lee on my father's side, and my mother's ancestors founded Arkansas? Some shit. nothing notable
>>
My great grand father was a us senator and I'm of minor Spanish nobility from my mother's side.

kek just kidding. just illiterate coal miners from Virginia. I live in Boston now.
>>
Someone in my family on my paternal grandfathers side was a royal blacksmith. That's about it.
90% of us have nothing interesting to say about our families. Most that do brag are just lying. Like how I almost wrote that my ancestors were vikings and also guerilla freedom fighters. Possibly true, but probably not.
>>
File: 1469370602923.gif (722KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1469370602923.gif
722KB, 245x245px
>>2264347
>>
>>2264358
>also guerilla freedom fighters
Not really all that rare if you come from certain parts of Europe given that whole WWII deal
My own grandfather wasn't a freedom fighter, but his father had his throat slit by the local fascists and he ran away into the woods, so he spent the rest of the war in hiding with the Partisans (he was just a kid, so too young to fight, though)
>>
>>2264374
>Not really all that rare if you come from certain parts of Europe given that whole WWII deal
Well that's the thing, I don't come from that part of Europe. I come from Sweden. And when my area was turned swedish, the guerilla movement there was short lived, and brutally put down.

I remember learning in school about how the swedes would massacre entire villages, and leave living victims impaled on poles in the forest just to scare off possible resistance.

Also, for every found rebel, the 'village' area he came from would be forced to pay 1000 coins, which was a lot, and every tenth man was to be hanged.
>>
>>2264347
why are whitebois so easily triggered
>>
>>2264303
French soldiers who fought under Napoopan.
German soldiers who kicked France's ass during in 1870-1871.
Dutch sailors from like 1700 who barely survived the trip to and from Indonesia. Later became merchants, then middle class literally who's.
I don't know more than that desu.
>>
>>2264303
My half-crazy grandfather's brother used to claim that he could trace our lineage back to a nobleman from Funen around 1050. I hope it's true. Also, my grandfather was in the Danish resistance movement during World War Two.
>>
>>2264303
Last of the Mormon Patriarchs ---> WW2 nuclear researchers
Lithuanian-Irish Jews ---> teachers' union organizers

Somewhere down the line there was Scottish nobility.
>>
>>2264303
Grandpa worked as a conductor on Tito's personal train.
>>
File: IMG_6972.gif (823KB, 480x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6972.gif
823KB, 480x460px
>>2264303

I'm 80% Scottish, 10% Jewish, 7%Russian/Slavic, 2% Arabic, and 1% Central Asian.

We don't have written family records past our grandfather so I'm sure there's an interesting story in there SOMEWHERE
>>
>>2264303
What I know: father's side used to be extremely wealthy and influential landowners in Northeast Texas, consisting of two powerful families who married and combined their lands. Most likely owned slaves at some point; loss of the land was due to too many kids causing the inheritance to fracture. Up until my grandmother's generation (all fucking girls goddammit) the family had managed to keep its surname intact. We have photos and established family trees of this once powerful family.

Circumstantial evidence: family surname for the longest time was Deberry, the name and title of French dukes of the lands of Berry (duh). Allegedly my line is descended from Peter Deberry, duke of Berry who was exiled from France due to being a Protestant living under a Catholic monarch, and traveled to America.

Although not as interesting, my mother's side is rife with familial murders and "accidents", although it is all her distant relatives. My maternal grandmother collected loads of newspaper clippings and articles of the murders, and I sorted them chronologically for later generations.
>>
>>2264401
Oh, and not sure if it counts, but my step-father can trace his lineage back to 9th century nobles.
>>
>>2264303
grandmother was a levite
grandfather went to brown
nothing interesting on my moms side
>>
>>2264408
Did he ever talk about Tito? All I ever knew about Tito was from typical Americuck education "he rebelled against USSR but he wasn't freedom loving and apple pie so he sucked", while people I talked to from that region said in fact Tito was much better than the previous.
>>
>>2264425
He adores Tito. However for a very non communist reason. He always stated that:
"During Tito, you could work and make money. I had two jobs, i was a highschool teacher as well. I made everything we have because of Tito. I had nothing, and now i have this apartment (where we were sitting at that moment), and i built a beautiful house just outside of the city. Nowadays you can barely find one job, and the pay is shit unless you're some sort of executive."
He also served two terms as a representative on the assembly of the city of Belgrade, but he was never into politics, and was a party member just cuz everyone was doing it.
>>
>>2264303
Adolescent sex slaves from West Africa and Madagascar, bastard sons who either became wealthy or sharecroppers. Old white dudes who owned and molested their children.

Before that? Rice growers, cattle herders, probably some nobles in Africa who lost a European formed arms race.
>>
>>2264450
>However for a very non communist reason.
>talks about how things were good for the everyman

Seems pretty Communist to me
>>
>>2264303
French bourgeoisie, German bankers, a Scottish highlander, an Italian with ties to a crime family, an Irish trapper, and at least one native american.

idk, being an American sometimes makes it hard to keep track of all the different nationalities fucking in the background.
>>
File: jj4kaGN-1.jpg (49KB, 630x625px) Image search: [Google]
jj4kaGN-1.jpg
49KB, 630x625px
My paternal grandfather immigrated from the Balkans and went to engineering school in the US in the 1930's. Eventually became VP of one of the largest industrial materials corporations in the country. He also designed the hockey helmets that were the NHL industry standard in the 60's-70's. Had a seat in the Chicago board of trade. Neither him or his wife talked about their life before the US much.

Mom's side is a big family, immigrated from Prussia during a time when there were lots of revolutions going around. They owned a bakery and a pharmacy, the bakery was burned down and the pharmacy destroyed. They went to the US and opened another bakery, which would later be be burned down. Lots of teachers, lawyers, etc. Much later, my maternal grand parents owned a 3 story home that my mother almost burned down as a teenager. Almost everyone in my family smokes and I suspect this has been a longstanding tradition.

Idk much about my families going way back.
>>
>>2264469
Not, for the everyman, for himself specifically.
For his opportunity to accumulate wealth and own property.
Opposed to post communist Serbia that has still not completed it's transition into a market economy. Blatant theft by the government, rampant cronyism, and remnants of communist inspired regulations (especially in regards to the job market) that keep unemployment sky high.
>>
>>2264483
>family smokes
>shit burns down

Kek
>>
If I remember correctly, I'm a direct or near direct descendant of William Pitt. My mother did a lot of research on our family tree, but not much can I remember offhand.
>>
>>2264391
why are slaves so easily niggered
>>
>>2264303
My ancestors from Germany and France were crusaders from what I've heard. My great great grandfather lived in Canada as a child, but ran away from home because his mother was ridiculously abusive. Eventually he made it to Pennsylvania and made a family there.
>>
File: 1446997004307.jpg (134KB, 639x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446997004307.jpg
134KB, 639x720px
I'm from an old noble family. Earliest records go back to the 11th century (and point to a minor branch of another noble family getting their own fief), family castle was initially built in the 12th.

They pretty much did what nobles did: fight. Castle was destroyed and rebuilt a few times. They were never really famous, but if you look into primary sources you might find my family pop up once in a while. As time went on and nobility became less "those that fought", they became involved in administration and politics. Then they became relatively impoverished and went back to fighting, sometimes getting pretty far up the ranks. Revolution happened, a lot were killed, some fled. Though my direct ancestor stayed (didn't really have a choice, he was thrown in jail and they took him out because they needed qualified men to lead). Fought in the Revolutionary and Napoleonic wars, he even has his name on the Arc de Triomphe.

After that, they were socialites, politicians, diplomats (one wrote a fun book about his travels), some joined the army, usually ending up as relatively high ranking officers. To stay afloat they relied on marrying daughters of rich industrialists who wanted that sweet nobiliary particle somewhere in their family tree.

Closer to me, my great grandpa was in the cuirassiers during WW1, before they realised that charging german machine guns on horseback wasn't that effective. Wounded, became kind of an opiate addict and joined proto-fascists organisations after the war (before that they were mostly royalists). He was taken as hostage in WW2 and deported, then died of typhus in a camp. He had four sons, three were killed during the ocupation: they had mostly fascist sympathies, but they hated the Germans more than they hated commies or Jews, so they helped the Resistance. Grandpa was in the army, managed to escape to England, joined the FFF. Came back home to find the family estate burned down by retreating Germans.
>>
>>2264576
U wuz kangz
>>
>Last name is Meyer
>My paternal grandfather is Bukowina German
>Descendants were probably wealthy land owners based on name
>His father was a Austro-Hungarian medic in WWI and got an MD from the University of Vienna
>He had a PhD in Physics
>My dad broke the trend with a BS in EE
>I will rekindle the trend with a PhD in Math or Physics

My family went to college before it was cool.
>>
>>2264453
>probably some nobles in Africa
WE WUZ KANGS
>>
Slaves, slavers and creoles
>>
I'm vaguely related to George Johnston, one of the New South Wales Marines who accompanied the first fleet to Australia, one of the leaders of the Rum Rebellion, and just an general fuck up in terms of discipline.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Johnston_%28British_Marines_officer%29
>>
File: medcuck.png (58KB, 1155x880px) Image search: [Google]
medcuck.png
58KB, 1155x880px
>>2264576
>they hated the Germans more than they hated commies or Jews
>Came back home to find the family estate burned down by retreating Germans
Ignore pic if your ancestors were Frankish.
>>
The first members of my family came to California in the Donner Party. We had some minor political power in the late 19th century, various judges and state senators. Nothing too impressive. My mom's side came to California in the 1940s. My dad's childhood home was down the street from Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate's house. When Tate got murdered it spooked my grandfather so much he moved the family to Santa Barbara and he commuted to work every day, which depending on traffic can take up to 5 hours round trip. That's about it.
>>
>ww2 refugee
>wehrmacht offizier
>gardener for the emperor

I don't even take pride in this because i'm not a cuck without personal achievement.
>>
>>2264718
>Water my plants, Tyrone
>t. emperor
>>
>>2264453

Only remotely interesting one desu.
>>
File: 1474581121668.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1474581121668.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>2264303
My ancestors where jamaican plantation/slave owners
>>
My father's side is an old Guild family from the city of London going back a few hundred years, then probably from Holland before that

My mother's side is from a Jacobite noble who lost all his lands and fucked off to the US

Both my great grandfather's were mason's at the same lodge
>>
>>2264303
My father's lineage traces back to Austrian roots, migrated to the Netherlands during the Habsburg Netherlands period.

My mother's lineage traces back to the lowlands region since about the 1100's, and even used to be a noble family with an estate.
>>
>>2264412
>Jewish
Jews are a religious group and not an ethnicity you neutron star tier moron.
>>
My ancestors were masurian cow molesters.
>>
Related to some HOLY.ROMAN.EMPIRE nobles bastard son.
>>
>>2264760
>neutron star
That dense?
>>
>>2264483
With all of those burned down bakeries they should just sell toast
>>
>>2264348
isn't that always how the the story goes? Just like how everybody in mainland europe had a grandad that fought in the resistance against the Nazis.
>>
>>2264770
Dense enough to collapse into a black hole.
>>
>>2264388
skåne förtjänade att brinna :^)
>>
File: 1484238103223.jpg (33KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484238103223.jpg
33KB, 500x480px
On my mother's side I have a great-grandfather who fought for Bulgaria as an officer in the first and second Balkan wars, First world war and retired just before the second world war. Both of her parents were denied moving permits and higher education when the commies came.
All medals and such were sold by them to get a motorcycle in order to smuggle gas to the serbians in the 90s.
On my father's side I have a grand-grandfather who was murdered when the commies came because he was the mayor of the village. My grandfather was denied a moving permit and higher education and his house was defaced with "Here lived Marin - the people's traitor". He wasn't allowed to remove the graffiti until well into the 80s.
>>
>>2264760

>Jews are a religious group and not an ethnicity

Where does this meme even come from? Jews don't believe it, and their are clearly discreet Jewish ethnicities (Sephardim, Ashkenazim)
>>
>>2264303
On my mother's side the entire line is Anglo-Irish, including a Great Grandmother that was an Allied nurse in WW1.

On my father's side the line is Japanese and Swiss.

I'm Argentinian.
Needless to say it is a very curious mixture of nationalities.
>>
My mother's side of the family were Communist in the Spanish Civil War that fled to France hidden inside hay carts, and eventually made it to California by 1940 for the lumber industry and the fact that NY was cold as shit. They remained members of the Communist party all through the Cold War, and my great grandad only died when he fell out of his Orange tree when he refused to pay someone to pick it for him.
>>
>>2264760
They're an ethnicity for sure. The jewish groups are genetically distinct from their host populations.

I have an interesting family history I guess, but I'm still uncovering it. It's kind of given me some purpose in life because there seems to be a lot of secrecy on my father's side of the family. I'm really intrigued to know what is going on with that side of the family.
>>
Before the revolution my ancestors were the ordinary townspeople, probably engaged in trading stuff
After the revolution my great grandfather because a physicist and a teacher. During 1929-1930 he got criticized for "right leaning" in pedagogical work.
In 1946-1949 he was a minister of education in RSFSR.
My grandfather was an engineer during WWII and got an award for arranging the building of an infantry bridge across the Oder. After WWII he was a chemist and worked on something related to artificial diamonds
>>
>>2264351
Are you a big guy?
>>
>>2264910
>t-true communism has never been implemented!
>>
On my father's side, my great-great-great grandfather was a Knight Hospitaller on Malta I think, and my granfather was pretty much the "chief" of out spanish family before everyone ran away from the civil war an set up in some southamerican mudhole
On my mother's side, my great grandmother was an indian princess and my grandfather was some rich spanish fuck with tons of land that liked to ocasionally shag the natives. He was also the great-somthing grandson of the spanish painter Diego Velasques (or he said so) and had some of his paintings. Still, my mother's side decided to not take the last name and instead made one up
It's kinda of fun, since a few years ago my sister did a through and through research and lately I've been thinking of the crazy stories my ancestors could tell if any of the interesting ones were alive
>>
>>2264702
Nobody likes Germans anon. Even Germans hate Germans.
>>
>>2264502
You have to be 18+ to post here
>>
>>2264760
This is a semantic issue and part of the inherent failings of the English language. In Italian, for example, the Jewish ethnicity (ashkenazi, Sephardic, etc) is known as Hebrew. You can be a Jewish Hebrews, a Christian Hebrew, and atheistic Hebrew etc. likewise Converts would be English Jews, Italian jews and all.

As for whether Hebrew is a dinsinct ethnicity, scientist know it is. That's why European Jewish is a distinct genetic cluster.
>>
>>2264303
Can trace my ancestry back to southern Italian alchemist 500 years ago.
>>
My family was supposed to be one of the first ones to settle in the DR and became wealthy merchants.After the Haitian revolution they moved to la Habana and made a fortune selling stuff to the Confederates and the yankees.Later on they came to Spain and open a very succesful store and became one of the wealthies family in Barcelona.But this store was burnt and the family of my Grand father lost all its wealth and then just became some boring middle class people until they opened a plastic company.From my parental grand mother all the male relatives have been in the army and my great grand father became a very relevant general under Franco's rule.From my mother side all that I know is that they were Jewish converts and that they fought in the Carlist war and ascended prety quickly in the Carlist ranks until the war ended.Latee on some moved to Argentina and became wealthy but my grand father chose to stay
>>
tfw descended from ODIN through the lines of Wessex and Ragnar
>>
>>2264303
My great-great-great...grandfather is the famous MRCA of all people alive today.
>>
File: 1463512400060.jpg (17KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
1463512400060.jpg
17KB, 429x399px
>Oldest records from 15th century
>Falconers for king between 15th and late 18th century
>wealthy family (probably something to do with those falcons tho) between 18th-early 20th century
>Two of my ancestors fought in the Great War, one died, other one survived
>>
>>2265460
Why dont you practise falconry?
>>
>dad was drums for very huge band you all have heard of
>mum retired pro tennis player

>grand dad would conduct orchestras

>granma would teach people languages (she knew 5)

>great grandads family was arms producers for generations

Shame about the arms production though, his weapons killed a lot of people and it brings shame.
>>
>>2264303

My uncle traced the french part of my family to Charlemagne, but I'm sure he has many descendants. The founder of my father's lowland clan was an Anglo-Danish noble named Thor the Tall.
>>
My ancestor marched with Lee from the start of the war until he died in action at Gettysburg.
>>
Patrilineally, my ancestors were accountants and couriers to the portuguese crown, and they used to be joos too
>>
>>2264303
A bunch of Normans who invaded England and got landed for their services. Feuded with the MacDouglas family for about 500 years, helped with the Scottish revolution, fought in WW1 and 2, several wars with and for England, so on. We also got spread out in all of the Empire as diplomats and whatnot, so my family extends from the US to India to Australia. Our last family gathering at our castle in 2004 got like 10,000 people attending.
>>
>>2264303
Hungarian gentry ennobled in the 13th century, German burghers and some peasants.
>>
>>2265461
>communists rose to power
>falconers had to give up their livelihoods
>Grandfather found different job, never got back to falconry

Makes me feel sad, considering that we were falconers for about 5 centuries.
>>
>>2264303
Mine were northern italian peasants, with the exception of a few odd clergymen dating back to the XIVth century.

They tended to have a massive streak of good luck, the peasants. One girl was adopted into a family of rich jewish businessmen and one english miller found a hundred thousand pounds laying around in the 1800s.
>>
>>2265497

I have Norman blood too. Mine settled in Northumbria
>>
File: crest.jpg (15KB, 236x238px) Image search: [Google]
crest.jpg
15KB, 236x238px
>>2265519
You have a family crest?
>>
>>2265543
>>
>>2265507
Catch a falcon and get to it lad.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>2265516
>One girl was adopted into a family of rich jewish businessmen
I wonder if she ritually slaughtered any young Christians boys.
>>
>>2264303
My grandfather escaped Croatia to avoid communism in the 1940's. Him and a bunch of his friends decided to leave as a group and that they'd marry their girlfriends by proxy once they were in Canada.

Not only did one of his friends get shot while they were crossing the border, but he watched five more of his friends fall to their deaths as they climbed over a mountain to get to Austria.

In Austria, they spent two months learning English in a refugee camp, and then they moved across Europe to a country that wasn't landlocked and got on a boat that took them to Nova Scotia, where he married my grandmother through proxy and she moved here legally.

You can still find his name on the big plaque in the Nova Scotia Museum of Immigrants.
>>
>>2264820
Well i think the nazi equivalent in this case would be "my grandad was a nazi but he helped jews"
>>
>>2265473
t.cuck
>>
>>2264303
nothing amazing. im south african so on my fathers side their family predates to the 1820s settlers, my paternal grandfathers father left him for rhodeisa or something. my maternal grandfather was a rich greek from athens while my maternal grandmother was abandoned by her norwegian giant whaler father and then ran from home.
the furthest my maternal lineage can be traced is to venetian jewish cloth merchants who left for greece sometime in the renaissance, meh
>>
Great Grandad was a member of the Belgian resistance during WWII. Apparently, he was pretty nationalistic, but then ended up hating Belgium after the war.
>>
Grandfather on my father side was a Moorish mercenary under Franco.Grandfather from the other side was a cop who deserted to immigrate to France

The tribe of my father are riffian so my ancestors should have been pirates bandits or peasants

My tribe from my mother side were expelled from Spain during the reconquista and settled in nor th Morocco
>>
>>2264303

My mother's side were British Loyalists who escaped American persecution to live peacefully in Canada in the 1770's. Their main motivation, apparently, was because they were extreme monarchists and ultra-conservative.

On my father's side, a distant ancestor was a French aristocrat who owned a relatively large piece of land on an island in the Lesser Antilles. He married into the population and eventually one of his ancestors moved to Canada. I have no idea how true this is, because Caribbean people (especially black ones) tend to go full "we wuz kangs" whenever you ask about their past, but my grandmother can attest that her great-grandmother spoke French as a first language.
>>
>>2264303

>Grandfather was super serb commie.
>Super commie = super atheist
>Mom goes to christian school.
>Everyone friendly, mom happy.
>Comes home from school.
>"Praise christ!" she says as she comes through the door.
>Grandpa spits out his liqour and is stunned.
>>
>>2264303
not exactely ancestor though

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Štěpán_Trochta
>>
>>2264303
My ancestors where rulers of ancient Egypt. Than we were dispersed to the West coast of Africa by false White Arabs (real Arabs are Black). Afterwards we were kidnapped by Whitey and forced to work in his plantations. Later we were liberated but still were segregated in tell 1960s.

tyvm lazy White people
>>
>>2264303
Irish protestants who moved to the Virginian frontier in the mid-18th century. The father traveled across the mountains into Kentucky with his son in order to claim around 1774 land around modern-day Paris, Kentucky. The father traveled back to Virginia to finalize his claims and left his son there to guard his land. Apparently the son was left there alone for almost a year and only saw one other person from afar, a Shawnee Indian near the river. Both the father and his sons joined the fight against the British and the father became a captain, while the other ones were apart of local militias. The son who accompanied him to Kentucky was killed in a skirmish against the Shawnees/Brits. They all packed up and moved to Kentucky after the war and acquired hundreds of acres of land by giving the famous frontiersman Michael Stoner (close friend of Daniel Boone) a plow. They had large plantation and around 25 slaves by the beginning of the 19th century. A generation later, some of them went farther west and even to Texas, were one was killed at the Alamo.

That's about the only interesting thing about my family. We're not even sure if they were originally native Irish or Anglo-Irish because our surname could apply to either, although I do know that they belonged to the Presbyterian church when they were in Virginia, which points to an Ulster Scot background.
>>
>>2264358
>royal blacksmith
That guy must have had amazing skills.
>>
Pinoy here.
Great grandfather probably had Spanish blood on his mom's side. Him and his bro fought as guerillas in ww2. Served under an American colonel. My great grand daddy was the colonel's runner/goffer. My great grand daddy's brother assassinated Japanese collaborators in our island. Hehe.
>>
My dad's father's lineage goes back to the Scottish highland clan Lamont, who were massacred by the Campbells so they changed their last names as disguises to simple colors, such as Gray, White, or my family name Brown. They moved to Ireland and became a line of stonemasons, and many of their works are still standing in many areas of the country.
My dad's mother is as Irish as one removed from the country can be, as her family's all recent immigrants. My great grandfather, her dad, served as a bombardier in a Flying Fortress in WWII and spent two years in POW camps during the war after he was shot down over Germany. His knowledge of German and amiable nature helped him survive one of the Long Marches in winter from one camp to another. He received word that my grandmother was born while imprisoned, and Patton's forces broke him out. He lived until 2009 so I had the pleasure of hearing stories firsthand.

My mom's mother is an old money purebred Scot from the Carolinas whose family were all loaded from agriculture, not too exciting except that one of her ancestors might have fucked a native girl.
My mother's father is where it gets interesting. His father was a Royal Navy shipman who fell off of rigging onto another sailor, surviving but killing the other bloke. As punishment, they gave him the position of being a forward artillery spotter as the Brits entered WWI, which was pretty much a death sentence as you have to station yourself beyond the front lines of the trenches. He luckily survived, and after the war he visited Canada, where he found a girl who became his wife. They moved to Colombia to proselytize to natives. My grandfather was born and raised in Columbia and fought in Vietnam for citizenship in the US. He would later return to Columbia with my grandmother and kids to continue the work his father had done as a missionary.

Interesting enough, I guess.
>>
>>2264303
My ancestor fought in the american revolution. Still live on land that he got for fighting in it
>>
>>2265938
kangz
>>
>>2265303
>Hates Germans
>Realizes their country makes no decent cars
>Dreams of driving a German car
>>
File: William-the-Conqueror[1].jpg (4MB, 1584x1345px) Image search: [Google]
William-the-Conqueror[1].jpg
4MB, 1584x1345px
>>2264303
>>
>>2264303
My earliest ancestor was an advisor to Margaret I of Denmark in the 15th century.
>>
Don't know much about them, most memory is lost.
My one Great-Grandma had to flee from eastern poland/ukraine after WWII and settled down in westpoland/silesia.
Also I had a Great-Grandma that fought in Armia Krajowa/polish resistance and married a guy who was a german soldier once.
>>
File: We didnt listen.png (31KB, 510x385px) Image search: [Google]
We didnt listen.png
31KB, 510x385px
My paternal grandfather helped design the navigation system for the Gemini spacecraft, then he owned a Civil War memorabilia shop.

My maternal grandfather was a 32-year old in the First Division when it landed in North Africa. He got captured by Germans in Italy and was about to be executed when his executor got sniped. Germans went to cover, prisoners ran off. He stayed behind enemy lines with an Italian family (he spoke Italian due to being a real Queens pisan) for three months until he rejoined his unit. Went home after the war, became a taxi driver, never complained about a single thing again.
>>
According to everyone from my grandma's generation, we got an ancestor who've been an austrian cavalry colonel and who got rekt hard by Napoléon.
It's most likely bullshit as we've been probably North Veneto peasants since forever.
>>
My great grandmother hid a wounded German soldier in her house during the First World War. He died but not before making her pregnant. She was married at the time but her husband disappeared during the war. She already had a daughter with him (my grandma, now dead) and gave birth to another girl (still alive). My grandma used to tell the story in a very touching way, even if she was a little girl at the time.
>>
>>2266949
Can't make this shit up

The eternal woman strikes again
>>
>>2266963
I loved that story when I was a small kid
Now though it's lost its charm.
>>
mine were scots, but british subjects who came to nova scotia in the early 1800s and made a pretty good living here. They were middle class by the 1900s and well off by comparison in the 1950s.

same deal on my mom's side, except they were english
>>
Shitkicking Italian and Chinese peasants as far as I know
>>
>>2264303
Im the direct descendent of a well known philosopher
>>
>>2264303
Not me. I'm just Fort Myers trash.
>>
Mine are dirty Cajund who fought on both sides of the civil war great great great uncle and his son on one side and their family on the other. We have a cane from him that has notches in it for we assume 3 kills and battlefield names.
>>
>>2264303
Farthest i can trace back is to some no name village north of Frankfurt, to 1540 IIRC. One of my ancestors was a shepard who somehow managed to survive the 30 years war completely intact and died at the ripe old age of 80. Also my family must've been very hardy and fertile, because the first ancestor to get colonial america had 10 kids, all of whom survived into adulthood, and his eldest son also had 10 kids who all survived.
>>
>>2264303

The family member that came to America came in the early 1800's.

He was Scottish and was the youngest son of a plantation owner in Jamaica so he didn't get the inheritance.

Not sure if he was mixed or not, but we be pretty white now.
>>
Josiah Bartlett, signed the Declaration of Independence
>>
Rich romanian peasants.
But my grandpa was descended from some boyar family. Possibly some aromanian blood as well.
In either case, the family names of my branches meaning we founded villages and shiet at one point.
Great-grandpa was murdered at the mill.
An uncle was a part of the royal guard.
There was also a legend about my great-grandad finding a sack of gold in the river(all i know is that he became rich at one point).
And dad mentioned something about a record book written in Cyrillic stashed somewhere, i'm dying to get, that details his part of the family pre-1800's.
>>
>>2264303
History buff grandfather did our genealogy, and we are the direct descendents of Jean Rapp, a general under Napoléon and his aide, who saved his life a few times
Also, three of my great grandfathers fought in Verdun, though that's the usual french stuff, but interestingly another fought the russians in the german army in world war one, because Alsace was german at the time.
>>
This guy is my great grandfather's brother (great granduncle?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Carton_de_Wiart
>>
Most were nonames farmers and collar workers.

I have some aunt-grandfather or something that abducted babies during the coup'.

Mom is a troskyst deputy.

That's about it.
>>
>>2264303
I have a great uncle that fought with Pancho Villa but other than that my family was Tejano Mexicans
>>
>>2264303
My ancestor was made Marshal of France during the Revolution, and is credited with turning the tide that allowed the Revolution to withstand Europe's monarchs. His son(evidently also my kin) is one of the best cavalry commanders Napoleon had, and is the real reason he won a few important early battles that cemented his rule.

On another side of the family, my ancestors were some of the first settlers to go to the Canadian prairies, and established several Hudson Bay trading posts.
>>
>>2267902
actually not great uncle maybe great great uncle. motherfucker was old. My mom told me about meeting him and how he was very old and native looking
>>
>>2267850
That's pretty cool, I've always admired the guy. Kind of a shame that more people don't know about him.
>>
>>2264303
My ancestors were goy enslaving, money changing, hook nosed, Child killing Jews and i'm proud of it.
>>
>>2267920
>and is credited with turning the tide that allowed the Revolution to withstand Europe's monarchs.
Kill yourself liberal.
>>
>>2267928
I was invited to British embassy in Brussels not long ago to see the unveiling of a plaque in honour of him being the only Belgian to have received the Victoria Cross. He's actually rather well known in military circles.
>>
My great-grandfather was a bit insane. He stole shit, had lots of problems with the authorizes and had a lot of lovers.
One of the lovers once got sick of him and decided to kill him. When he learned of her intentions he shot and killed her first and then himself.
I can still barely believe that happened, my grandma was hiding that story from her children (including my mother) for almost five decades. They all thought he was killed in ww2.

Anyway, regarding older events, I know only about my grandfather's ancestors. The oldest one was a cart-maker from a tiny Slavonian village in mid-19th century.
>>
>>2267943
I'm a Tory, you fop!
>>
I ,may or may not me related to the guy who who made the Mons Meg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mons_Meg
>>
I have an uncle who was in the footage of the soldiers walking toward the atomic bomb after the test, died of cancer a few years back. Don't have the gif on hand but he's in it.
>>
File: 1477092960240.jpg (42KB, 351x450px) Image search: [Google]
1477092960240.jpg
42KB, 351x450px
>tfw it's peasant farmers all the way down

i am inadequate for this world somebody plz phase me out
>>
File: Soyoubesayin.jpg (65KB, 600x772px) Image search: [Google]
Soyoubesayin.jpg
65KB, 600x772px
>>2268021
At least your not Black
>>
>>2268021
>>2268029
If it's any consolation, almost everyone is descended from royalty, due to Social Darwinism.
>>
>>2264331
That's funny my ancestors were catholic Scots who were famous for burning/beating Protestant rabble rousers
>>
My american mothers family keep very good genealogical records. On that side I'm descended from some of the earliest Anglo pilgrims to arrive in New England. In fact the sort of Patriarch figure that started her families history in America, a guy called William Sabin was directly involved in the kicking off of the first major war with the Indians:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Philip's_War
William Sabin was one of the jurors that sentenced the convicted natives to death
>>
File: IMG_1881.jpg (17KB, 180x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1881.jpg
17KB, 180x288px
>>2268317
>tfw those records will be used in the future to make you pay reparations
>>
>>2268334
Well good luck to them, I'm born, raised and living in Ireland.

Real shame my Irish ancestry is less well documented. Though judging by my family name, I probably have some connection to the O'Boyle clans of Donegal
>>
>>2268359
You sneaky white devil, you'll pay eventually
>>
>>2268317
my family from NH were there around the same time my 13 gens back one of decendents killed by indians
>>
>>2268397
lmao owned
>>
as an italian, what are my chances of one of my ancestors being a famous italian renaissance artist and is there even anyway to find this information out?
>>
>Worst Korean
>Father's clan/name originates from a Ming scholar c.17th century escaping Qing purges - presumably for referring to them as barbarians
>Mother's clan/name originates from southeastern province
>both clans produce Yangban - basically scholar-aristocrats - and military officials, mother's side the former and father's side the latter
>great-grandpa on mother's side was among the last of the Koreans to pass the civil service examination that legally grants you Yangban status
>hundreds, maybe even a thousand or more people from the province and neighbouring provinces attend his funeral
>mostly just a bunch of boring bureaucrats until the 20th century when both clans degenerate into subsisdence farmers and silk merchants
>parents move to America after their self-started company of settling immigrants goes tits up
>have me
>I shitpost on 4chan for the majority of my day

How the mighty have fallen.
>>
>>2268382
>Irish
>white
>>
File: dna.png (218KB, 1522x1400px) Image search: [Google]
dna.png
218KB, 1522x1400px
You tell me
>>
>>2264652
It was a lot more common than you'd think. Ibn Sori and a great many others are recorded namely because their arabic literacy but honestly when you take into account slaves came through arm races of wars. Chiefs and nobles as a given were enslaved when not killed.
>>2264736
Eh.
>>
My family has been in America since there has been an America. From Ireland on both sides originally. Mostly boring shit, but my whatever many times great-grandfather was pretty interesting

Link about him for the curious:https://dna-explained.com/2015/09/22/edward-mercer-c1704-1763-hard-drinking-quaker-52-ancestors-90/

Tl;dr-
>Fought at Ft. Necessity
>Probably robbed the alcohol at Ft. Necessity
>Had a family and farmed like everyone else
>Liked to drink
>a lot
>Got so drunk that he was banned from the Quaker church for being a drunkard
>Gave way to a line of drunkard, addict, Americans with Irish blood

Oh paw paw :^)
>>
My mother's father's side is descended from William Longspee, bastard son of Henry the 2nd. They were loyalists during the revolution and had been granted land on prince Edward Island after the war. By the turn of the last century they were adequately wealthy merchants. During the great depression they lost the majority of their fortune and have the family moved to America and my great grandfather fought the Germans during WW2.

My father's father's side is descended from german farmers who settled in Indian during the 1870s. My great great grandfather Frederick was an engineer on the railroads and he was decapitated while in a train wreck in Chicago. My great grandfather was left in the care of my great great grandmother who remarried a bootlegger. He would make my great grandfather Clarence brew alcohol all day, would beat him, and wouldn't let him go to school. So his neighbor John Miller went over to tell him that he couldn't treat Clarence that way. So John Miller told him that he would pack Clarence's bags or he'd kick his ass. So my great grandfather Clarence grew up with the Millers and he went on to open his own tavern in Wisconsin.
>>
File: Vickers_Wellington_Mk2.jpg (193KB, 1011x548px) Image search: [Google]
Vickers_Wellington_Mk2.jpg
193KB, 1011x548px
>>2264303
On my father's side:
>earliest known ancestor was a protestant German farmer who left the Rheinpfalz for Limerick, Ireland in 1709
>great-granddad still bore a German surname (Buvenhauser/Bubenhauser, anglicised as 'Bovenizer') and worked as a gravedigger in Dublin
>he got some woman pregnant and she left him to take care of the baby (my granddad)
>my granddad was adopted by his aunt, who was married to an Irish catholic
>he grew up to become an IRA commander in the Troubles
>met Gaddafi and Raul Castro
>he got Raul to sign a photo of Bobby Sands after the hunger strike, which is still at my granny's house
>my other great-granddad was also in the IRA
>he fought in the 1916 Rising and was friends with WB Yeats
Mother's side:
>earliest known ancestor was some dude who was hanged for stealing a horse
>this happened some time in the 17th or 18th century somewhere in the Irish midlands (I can't remember exactly)
>his descendant, my grandfather, joined the RAF in WWII
>he was trained as a pilot before they discovered he suffered from night blindness
>so they made him a gunner/navigator on a Wellington bomber instead
>served in Italy and the middle east, and was stationed in Malta on VE day
>reached the rank of Warrant Officer

All in all I like to think muh heritage is pretty interesting
>>
>>2264303
Bunch of dead Nazis nobody talks about and the rest were farmers.

Grandmother smuggled her belongings out of east Germany in my aunts stroller and moved to the West after she lost husband #2 to yet another world war.
>>
>>2265461
Not enough Kinotoriums accept falcons these days, sadly
>>
>Italian
>mom's side: mostly farmers. My grandfather was a high-ranking police officer, and bought the land where my house is now.
>dad's side: bourgeoisie. My grandmother was a city employee. She knew which people were fascists after the war ended when everyone suddenly had always been a partisan, and tried to keep my dad from interacting with their sons.
My grandfather was drafted and became a marconist (guy with the phone backpack who calls for reinforcements). He got caught by the Germans with his whole unit and was kept in a prison camp for a year. Americans freed him but accidentally killed most of the survivors, on account of being retarded and feeding them potatoes which caused the starving men to bloat and die. Grandpa was sick with pneumonia, couldn't eat anything and survived. We still have his camp papers. He also got a medal but he never told anyone, my dad found it by accident.
>>
File: Blackwell_Thomas-Michael.jpg (58KB, 450x526px) Image search: [Google]
Blackwell_Thomas-Michael.jpg
58KB, 450x526px
>>2264303

32 ancestors who fought in the Confederate Army during the Civil War. Two survived.
>>
>>2264638
>My family went to college before it was cool.

Every male in my maternal line has been college educated since the 1750s and every female has been since the 1840s.
>>
>>2269469
Yeah see that's not before it was cool.

1600s and earlier was before it was cool. Americuck.
>>
Virginian Slaveowner and Confederate Colonel descended from James Madison's brother, a Walloonian SS officer, and that Nazi's wife's grandmother was apparently a Wittelsbach, albeit not near the throne
>>
Norman peasants that got fucked over by vikings
>>
>>2264303
My great something grandfather owned a store on the same route Herman Melville went for his walks. Sold him cigarettes.
>>
>>2264303
mothers side were border reivers from the Anglo-Scot border and fathers protestant around London emigrated to America and fought in Revolution as privates. They were paid in land and both slave holders. Fought in the war of northern aggression and one was a Calvary Major that provided his own horses. Had three shot out from under him. Bankrupt after the war since most of their wealth was tied up in farm equipment (slaves) and had to sell off land to carpetbaggers.
>>
File: fat black kid.gif (767KB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
fat black kid.gif
767KB, 298x298px
>tfw all my grandparents live in another country
>tfw the oldest relative i know is my grandpa when he comes here a couple times a year
>mfw i know nothing past my grandparents
>>
>>2268029
I like being black
>>
File: 1480671086799.png (618B, 301x341px) Image search: [Google]
1480671086799.png
618B, 301x341px
My great-grandfather was a Genoan ship owner and merchant, very rich and supposedly stingy as hell.

The other great-grandfather got his legs blown off in the Alps in 1917, he died a few months later.
>>
maternal great great grandfather was a greek architect who worked with Ernst Ziller
in Greece, he lived in Patras and all of his children became wealthy merchants.

Paternal great great grandfather was a Bishop
in Smyrna.

I think this is far as you can go back in terms of modern Greek ancestry, before that its Ottoman rule.
>>
Related to Afrikaner Voortrekers through my dad, specifically Peit Retief. And also related to the guy who surrendered Joburg to the brits, the magistrate.
>>
>>2264910
>the feels
My great-grandfather was a affluent small rose oil factory owner. Commies came and took everything and his family had to eat fish cans and garlic for several years. Other great-grandfather was a colonel in the army. Commies came and he was declared "enemy of the people" and went to the Belene camp for 5 years, coming back with half his teeth missing. Communism, not even once.
>>
File: 1477674787630.png (115KB, 345x290px) Image search: [Google]
1477674787630.png
115KB, 345x290px
>>2264303

My grandfather was a cacique in Meshitco, until he was betrayed and murdered by another cacique. Moral of the story is never trust Mexicans, there's a reason why all of their heroes of independence and the revolution were all double crossed and killed.
>>
File: heritage2.jpg (1MB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
heritage2.jpg
1MB, 1600x960px
My family were mostly rural folk who lived in villages and small towns. Many had frontline experience. Some didn't live to tell them.
>>
>>2270272
>Paternal great great grandfather was a Bishop
So, did he become a clergyman later in life?
Or was there a bastard involved, or what?
>>
>>2264303

One of my Great Great Grandfathers apparently married an Indian and did time for murder out on the frontier
>>
>>2268896
LMAO. Poor-ass town do you live in
>>
>>2270226
Lol is your pic a merchant?
>>
My grandfather, who researched the family tree as a hobby, always used to "joke" that if you go back far enough on the tree you'd find a Conquistador raping an Aztec woman to start our tree, as far as his research could show.

I'm not quite sure how he reached that conclusion, never really asked him before he died.

Not sure if this is interesting to you all, but I find it interesting that the grand family patriarch was a rapist
>>
Toussaint Hunault dit DesChamps and his wife Marie Lorgueil were one of the three original settling families of Quebec.
>>
Dad is an Iraqi immigrant raised Christian in the northern mountains near Amediyah. His family owned sheep and lamb and had been in the area going back as far as people had ever been in that area.

Mom's side is a little mixed. Born in Hungary, raised in Romania, her mom was full-blown Hungarian going all the way back to the Magyars and her dad was a Polish lumberjack.
>>
>>2264303
Two branches come over with William the conqueror
One is given governorship of Kent
Other is the axe bearer and executioner of Williams court
Axe bearer is one of the people who kills Thomas aBeckett, that famous English matyr.
Names are unified due to Victorian army style. As he was the son of family A, but then the father died so he was raised by family B, then the army called him A-B to simplify rollcall, as there was someone from a Cadet branch of family B also joining the army

A-B or his son becomes governor of St-Helina when Napoleon is there IIRC
A family was involved in East-India company

A-B's descendants were in the war during Christmas 1914, implying they were in the expeditionary force and not conscripts, however we're still not sure even after going on Antique Roadshow about the matter

>>2264305
I'm friends with a guy whose ancestors were the kings that sold off the neighbouring slaves into captivity, which made the ancestor become involved in the civil service for the colony and his descendants were raised in England
>>
>>2264331
Serves him right the filthy heretic
>>2264401
Lohrainnan Jews?
>>2264412
Paki/ Russian Jews raped your ancestors?
>>2264638
>went to college before it was cool
You mean when people understood you don't just learn things in classrooms
>>2264718
>gardener for the emperor
Which emperor, Hitler's title was leader, same with pastaman, so Japanese emperor?
>>2265293
>Malta
Got a Maltese friend, short but hella strong and is in their national waterpolo team
>>2265306
Wish it was a mental test and not just a biological fact
>>2265319
>Odin
>Wessex
Don't remind me of 'The Last Kingdom' what a travesty that was
>>2265460
English?
>>2265497
>>2265519
SALVE brothers
>>2266317
Hail
>>2267850
He went to my school, do you know if he's the bastard of the king, or is that as false as Reading's lions
>>
File: Asturias.jpg (243KB, 1280x506px) Image search: [Google]
Asturias.jpg
243KB, 1280x506px
>>2264303
Peasants and miners from the NW corner of Spain, peasants from Piemonte and some Irish and Northern britbongs, probably potato farmers.
>>
>>2271186
DO you know if they're goths, gauls or came in with the reconquista
>>
>>2271273
Probably all, hard to tell after centuries of mixing, the galician/leonese side was composed of redheads and some meds-berber looking. On the asturian dads side there's a lot of dirty blondes and they're pretty tall.
>>
>>2264351
>my mother's ancestors founded Arkansas

Yells, Seviers, Conways, Ashleys, or someone else?
>>
>>2264303

Mine are shitkicking illiterate Portuguese peasants. Sorry.
>>
>>2264474
>at least one native american
doubt it
that story gets passed down from every white family, but rarely does it ever come up that there was an actual native ancestor
hell, even I was told that but then we took DNA tests and there was not a single trace of anything native
>>
>>2271383

Couldn't that just mean that you didn't inherit the genes?
>>
>>2271385
I'm not quite sure how genes work I'll admit, but three generational levels of my family took it and there was not a trace
I was always just told there was a native somewhere but of course since it didn't exist most likely, where it was in the family was always vague
>>
my great-great-great-great-great aunt on my fathers side is Laura Secord, sort of a Canadian national hero, My uncle on my mothers side fought in Africa and Sicily in the British Army
>>
Revolutionary War soldier.
>>
My great grandma on my moms side was the queen of azerbaijan
>>
I've family members that fought in most US wars pre-korea, some simple british and germans that opened stores, estonians that had a mill, and my great-grandfather's brother fought and died in the estonian war of independence
>>
>>2271445
Great great*
>>
>>2264303
My auntie was Po from the Teletubbies (the person inside the suit)
>>
>>2271560
thanks for clarifying it was the person inside the suit
>>
File: eed3bc02a81fb61ea52d65bc9bc3f494.jpg (126KB, 756x1024px) Image search: [Google]
eed3bc02a81fb61ea52d65bc9bc3f494.jpg
126KB, 756x1024px
A bunch of Irish farmers/ factory workers on one side and the Kennedys on the other. DESU JFK was a scumbag.
>>
>>2271724
Better than murderer Ted Kennedy.
>>
>>2271726
Yeah that too. The story goes that he went back home and tried to get his friend to take the fall.
>>
>>2271744
*Not home, back to the place they were staying
>>
>>2264303
My ancestors on my father's side were forced from Acadie once the Brits took control
>>
>>2264303
Farmers from the Polish side - Tavern keepers from the Greek side.
t.Ultra-pleb and i like it!
>>
>>2264303
I'm related to Charles dickens, the Sherrard family, the houses Plantagenet/Angevin, and Lancaster, but we split off fairly cleanly when the Tudors got in. And on my mothers side I'm related to Robert the Bruce.
>>
>>2264303
Well I'm named after my great-great-great grandfather who fought in the Union and died in Atlanta during Sherman's March to the Sea, but nothing interesting past that.
>>
>>2264388
sounds like an average office reorg at caterpillar
>>
>>2264303
My country has a song about a few of the people in my tribe who I'm descended from
I also have relatives who a 7 man guerilla war against the communists in the late Forties and fifties
>>
>>2271962
Also I found that my families tribe may or may not stretch back to the normans
Btw
Albanian
>>
>>2264303
great-grandpa owned the general store in the area which was burnt down, it's said that the debnt slaves burnt it down as debt was only regulated by the debt papers back then, and they burned
>>
>>2272016
bad goyim
>>
From my mother's side, I have a garibaldino, the very last papal post officer, a senator of the Kingdom of Italy that was supposed to lead at Lissa, and Mussolini's jailor at Campo Imperatore.
>>
>>2271399

My half sister did the test and got no native DNA, except her grandpa or great grandpa has papers to some tribe.
>>
File: 1428509956218.png (161KB, 635x349px) Image search: [Google]
1428509956218.png
161KB, 635x349px
Great grandparents were Japanese farmers in California, got Interned in WWII. Grandma said it was alright.Younger Japanese and the Germans would throw heil solutes at the guards to fuck with them, but that was more out of solidarity. My grandmother doesn't hold it against the government, she's over it. Some of her uncles went to fight the Germans (442nd).

Grandfather was a typist and amateur oil painter on the north shore of Massachusetts. Used to have galleries in the backyard to drink with friends.

His uncle was a tanker in WWII

Other grandparents are French Canuck
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 603x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 603x339px
Damn it feels good to be Yucatan Maya
>>
File: 198592-1269904992775_large.jpg (11KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
198592-1269904992775_large.jpg
11KB, 300x222px
>>2264502
NIGGERS BTFO

yo girl is tite tho
t.nigger
>>
>>2264303
One of my great-great-grandfathers was a swiss explorer that discovered some big lake in argentina
>>
File: 46794262.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
46794262.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>2272903
Frey?
>>
My paternal line on my mother's side were wealthy landowners in Kosovo who owned vineyards, farms, and mines, but the Socialists took most of it after WWII. I have three different ancestors who killed a Turk and had to relocate. One was a Serb, one was a Croat or Catholic Serb, and the third was Greek. Also my grandmother is probably a Nazi rape baby and looks fully Aryan.

t. Serb
>>
Father's side: Volga Germans, came to Canada in the 1920s.
Mother's side: Northern English, came to Canada in the 1890s.

The only interesting thing that has been passed down through the ages was how my Great-great Grandfather (father's side) could afford to get himself and his family out of Russia and into Canada. He didn't have enough money to leave and neither did any of his siblings but pooled together there was enough for a few to leave. So my Great-great Grandfather robbed at gunpoint his siblings so he, my Great-great Grandmother, and his kids including my Great Grandfather could afford to go to Canada. Or that's how the story has been passed down.
>>
>>2273558

wow

all of that just for you to end up in modern Canada

what an absolute waste of hard work and effort on their part
>>
>>2273566
Don't remind me
>>
My great-great-grandfather was a dockworker but was conscripted during WWI and was shipped over to France. He fought at Ypres for about a week before having his lungs destroyed by mustard gas.
He was sent home and started a newsagancy that was eventually passed down through to my father.
>>
File: Jesuit_Convent,_Macau.jpg (229KB, 1082x800px) Image search: [Google]
Jesuit_Convent,_Macau.jpg
229KB, 1082x800px
>>2264303
Portugese colonists and Chinese natives in Macau

>>2267590
Hello brother
>>
>>2264303

Half of my ancestors on my mother's side were Russian nobility which held land in westernmost russia/eastern poland dating back to Peter the Great's era. Going farther back they were nobility in Moscow and Vladimir. The other half were some cossacks who pushed into the siberian frontier and settled in Khabarovsk and Vladivostok.

Half of my ancestors on my father's side were peasants, of which the family notably somehow managed to get my great-great-great-great-great grandfather (17xx-ish) to become an orthodox christian priest, who's subsequent family tree and son priest(s) moved into the far east settling in Khabarovsk (on a side note, the only family heirloom which we managed to preserve through the commie revolution was a church cross, which we still have to this day). The other half were cossacks who pushed into the siberian frontier and settled in khabarovsk.

basically 100% russian as far back as can trace
>>
>>2264489
Serb here.
Can you elaborate?
>>
My paternal ancestors were all Bukowina Jews. As far as I know they were fairly well-to-do traders and small-time landowners.

My great-great grandfather branched off and set up shop in the Dutch East Indies, earning a living importing and exporting goods (carpets and champagne, supposedly).

They were lucky, as the majority of the family was subsequently styled on by commies, Nazis and more commies. My granddad spent World War 2 in a Jap internment camp shitting his guts out from dysentery, building railways and getting beaten by the Kempeitai - or Nip secret police. Though the Japs didn't give a shit about him being a Jew, so that was a positive I guess.

When Indonesia declared independence shit continued to suck for Europeans, so they (my granddad, native Dutch grandma and 3 kids - plus some assorted aunts and uncles) packed up and settled in the Netherlands.
>>
>>2264331
Good, surely he was a English dog
>>
Im related to Meriwether lewis on my moms side.
We are also Scottish lords on that side. One of those lords was going to wed a English princess but he was assassinated. too bad
>>
my grandfather on my mother'swas obsessed with family history. He went on a trip all along northern Spain, and concluded that he was descendant of Sancho III of Navarre.
Could be bullshit, but i think that there is an official document about it.
Another relative of mine was the medic of Carlos I of Spain
And then on my father's side just bridge builders and I guess militia in the independence war
>>
One of my ancestors was kicked in the butt by Napoleon. Seriously. He was wearing an Austrian uniform which got Napoleon angry.
>>
>>2275965
Manlets, when will they get a sense of humor?
>>
>>2264303
Sicilian and Italian fishermen. Great grandpa was in the Italian Navy I think.
>>
>>2266217
You realise saying that word doesn't shock anyone/pol/tard?
>>
>>2264303
The usual for Britain, ny Great Grandfather made it through the war intact, my great great grandfather died at Paschendaele.
>>
>>2264303
One of my ancestors was a condecorated legionary in the romanian Iron Guard. I'm not really into this, but it's fun because the name of my family is foreign (from Italy/Greece/Chyprus).
>>
My great grandmother was a bastard of the king of Prussia or something
>>
>>2264348
Slave and slave owner as ancestors? So, who fucked who?
>>
My great grandfather was a socialist poet who was moved from a city in the north of Italy to a little town founded as a result of Mussolini's autarchic policy to be better controlled since he was allegedly helping partisans get in touch with each other
>>
>>2264303
Old school Black Geminid blood mixdd with byzantine priests going back to Koimenos.

My ancestors fought for Russia during the Time of Troubles, somehow though, somewhere along the line some dude in my famiily tree married a shiksa and became a yid.
>>
>>2276758
>Old school Black Geminid blood
I meant these guys
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Gediminas

I always forget the name because I'm not Lithuanian, but I can trace my family name to them.
>>
Stupid Polacks that moved to burgerland at the turn of the century and haven't improved since. Remember when people used to say Poles weren't white? They aren't.
>>
According to my dad, his great grandad was a decorated mounted police officer during victorian times around Merseyside (liverpool is in merseyside for any filthy non-brits)

Queen Vic went to Merseyside to open a tunnel or something and my great great grandad was invited to go meet her as a commendation for his duties

But he was a massive womanising drunk (a tradition I still hold very dearly) and was super bevved when he went to meet her and fell off his horse

Apparently there was a picture of him in the Liverpool Museum that my dad used to go look at when he was my age, but it has since been taken down
might try and chase it up one day
>>
>>2276782
>Stupid Polacks that moved to burgerland at the turn of the century and haven't improved since.
Speak for your own family senpai.
>>
first guy to get killed by Indians in the Pequot War here
>>
File: WW1-Somme.jpg (53KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
WW1-Somme.jpg
53KB, 700x394px
Grandpa was at the Somme.

Got buried alive when a German shell landed near him.

Dug out alive but injured, sent to England to retire.

Nurse is cute, so he brings her back home after the war and has a family with her.

I think it's cool that a whole side of my family exists because of one explosion at the Somme.
>>
>>2276782
Poles are alright, they have some pretty qt grills honestly.
>>
>>2264303
William Wallace was part of my clan, but I don't think he had any direct descendents so I'm just a relative
>>
>>2264303
I actually have quite alot, however they're mostly from Honduras. There's an anglo-american tycoon who moved to Honduras, set up the rosario mining company and his son married the president's daughter.
One of the foremost Honduran intelectuals is also directly related to me. Same for a couple revolutionary figures, and there's this one german general who moved here, and then got in a drunken fight with some poet and ended up killing him.
>>
>>2264702
>WE WUZ ROMANZ AND SHEET

t. nordcuck whose ancestors were the last to enter the iron age and couldn't even fucking write.
>>
>>2264303
Irish peasants that fled to the USA and had tons of kids, German, Alsatian and English immigrants to the USA, very early residents of Vermont, German Jewish immigrants, and Ukrainian Jewish peasants that fled Russia just before WWI. On the Jewish side I'm supposedly a very distant relative of Gustav Mahler.
>>
I think my family's pretty damn interesting so prepare for an essay

>Mom's side

Almost 100% Irish, possibly from Ulster because they were Protestant before coming to America. My great-great-grandfather (grandmother's side) worked his way over to America when he was about 15, and he died some time in the early 50s so we believe it was maybe the 1880s or 90s when he came here? He settled in Alabama, outside Birmingham/Bessemer. Also they have an English last name despite coming from Ireland so that might further the theory that they came from Ulster or maybe Dublin? Somewhere with a tradition of English settlement. They weren't super well off but they're a huge family and everyone would pitch in to have huge barbecues where they would invite pretty much the whole town.

Nobody is 100% sure where grandfather's side comes from but we believe them to be Irish and Scottish, especially since his last name is Wallace. His dad worked in the Bessemer/Birmingham steel mills during WWII and named my grandfather after the big union leader in the 30s, John L. Lewis. Very poor.

>Dad's side-

On his dad's side, they're French-Canadians who immigrated to the US in the 1880s or 90s and settled in Massachusetts. Being good church going Catholics everyone kept very good records going back to the 15/1600s when they first arrived in Canada and even before that to the late 1400s when my family lived in Poitou and Normandy so on his side I can actually identify all of my ancestors going back 600 years. I have a very French last name that most people pronounce wrong.

On his mom's side, I'm related to very old money upstate New Yorkers who have a tradition of political service. One ancestor on that side was vice president to James Monroe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_D._Tompkins) Never met anybody from that side of the family.
>>
>>2264303
The o'crowly clan of Ireland saw the ruins of their castles after meeting crazy old joe the town drunk in a cafe and his girl friend the lady of the mid afternoon
>>
File: received_169134093509971.jpg (11KB, 350x468px) Image search: [Google]
received_169134093509971.jpg
11KB, 350x468px
Norwegian-German ancestry,
the only notable person on

>my mothers side
(besides 10 generations of male doctors) is Jonas Oglænd,

he created DBS (den beste sykkel/ the best bicycle) a huge bicycle production firm that was recently sold to sweden or something.
Im not a direct ancestor but I am to his sister.

>On my fathers side

literally everyone were Nazis, not even joking.
My grandfather was in Hitlerjugend, his father, Otto von Schwerdt was an admiral in the Kriegsmarine till 1964. Hermod's brother, Eilif Riise, served 5 years in the SS and fought in Leningrad before escaping to Argentina and becoming a doctor at his own hospital.

My grandfather was married to a Norwegian girl which mother had been the head of the Stavanger "hird",
a Nasjonal Samling (Norways nazi party) political group.

Pic related
Eilif Riise
>>
This was a comfy thread.
I read everyone's stories and truly enjoyed them.
>>
>>2264502
hehe
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.