[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Britain goes to war to defend couple of shitty sheep shagger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

>Britain goes to war to defend couple of shitty sheep shagger islands, only 3,000 people there and some penguins
>Gives up Hong Kong without a whimper

For what purpose
>>
>>2261778

Hong Kong was full of Chinamen, whereas the Falklanders were all Brits.
>>
Hong Kong was on a 99-year lease. The Falklands are not.
>>
it's called "imperialism." by 1999, Brits didn't need Hong Kong
>>
>>2261778
For one thing, it was agreed on transfer of ownership that Hong Kong was on a temporary lease.

For another thing, only one of those wars would actually be winnable, and its the one they chose to fight.
>>
>>2261798
The Brits gained way more out of Hong Kong than they will ever get out of the Falklands.
>>
well let's take a look at the contenders
>the most populous, ruthlessly centralized country on the planet
>something in south america
>>
>>2261795
>>2261804
>the state of /his/
>>
>>2261846
Excellent post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_for_the_Extension_of_Hong_Kong_Territory
>>
>>2261795
False, only the New Territories were on the lease. Hong Kong Island and the peninsula were permanent British territory.
>>
>>2261778
tony blair
>>
>>2261778
>this thread again
No matter how many times you get told how unsustainable Hong Kong would be without the New Territories, how many times you've been reminded how much of a fucking stupid idea going to war with China on her border would be, you keep making this thread. Literal obsession.
>>
>>2263095
No? This is the first time I've posted this thread.
>>
Bc Margaret Thatcher had the biggest balls in UK history.
>>
The New Territories, which they had to give back to China due to the expiration of the 99 year lease, makes up 86.2% of Hong Kong's entire territory as well as half of it's population. Shipping ports, reservoirs, food supplies, prisons and land to accommodate for rising population all came from the New Territories. Removing such a large chunk of Hong Kong would have left Kowloon and the island itself completely vulnerable, overpopulated (than it already is) and economically starved.

I really wish colonial LARPers would fuck off.
>>
>>2264006
>I really wish colonial LARPers would fuck off.

I really wish every brand of contrarian LARPer would just shut the fuck up already and wait until their balls finish dropping before speaking again.

Sometimes I just get so sick of the ridiculous, over the top, edgy bullshit that I just want to fucking scream.
>>
File: zoVnDU3.jpg (150KB, 842x593px) Image search: [Google]
zoVnDU3.jpg
150KB, 842x593px
>>2263961
I get so emotional when a Falklands thread pops up, because I think the MUH CLAY MUH EMPIRE fetish of British people is the saddest shit ever, but I also think that Argentina sucks and that it makes our whole hemisphere look bad.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.