[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Comic book movies are immature, as are comics. These are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 183x275px
>Comic book movies are immature, as are comics. These are puerile fantasies.
>...and then Zeus slapped him with his dick, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it's so funny and deep and you have to like it or else you're an idiot!

>Internet memes and fanfiction are for idiotic neckbeards.
>After I finished reading Dante's Inferno and Ulysses I read V by Pynchon. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, he LITERALLY put in the Kilroy was here picture!

>If those nerds think their art form has to use the latest technology then it ain't a fucking art form! Geez!
>My eBook reader was broken so I phoned up the independent publisher and they used their on demand printing press to send me a book the next day. I just love books. Thank god for Gutenberg who allowed so many books to be around!

>Self publishing is for serial killer manifestos or hucksters! The world needs gatekeepers!
>I'm going to read The Republic for the tenth time.

>Science is a sterile abstraction that leads to nowhere! I am an open minded lover of knowledge and wisdom, not an inverse cripple
>Oh... they managed to mathematicise and formalise that area... I guess I was never interested in it anyway...

>The Greeks, Romans, and Medieval Theologians are the only source of universal knowledge. We live in decadent times with awful educational standards, declining morals, and a lack of deep thinkers!
>What the fuck! My phone's WiFi only downloads 2 MB a second! No, I don't give a shit what Stephen hawking said today about black holes and the nature of reality! Omg, watch this video of this Texas televangelist telling these children to be good and hard working... what a creepy huckster hack!
>>
>>2251163
Mythology has depth and meaning, capeshit is devoid of anything worthwhile and the world would be better if it never existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4
this is the only worthwhile thing to come out of capeshit
>>
>>2251184
But m-muh big guy
>>
File: 1455745009753.png (102KB, 242x259px) Image search: [Google]
1455745009753.png
102KB, 242x259px
>>2251184
There are so many subtle references and allegories to Nietzschean philosophy in the plane scene from TDKR that hotheads will never understand.

When Agent Wilson calls Bane a "big guy" he's clearly referencing him as the Übermensch, while himself indulges in slave morality represented by the authoritarian institution that is Central Intelligence Agency. Note how Wilson never references himself as his real name. There is no individuality in him, only CIA. The essence of slave morality (represented as the "flight plan", opposed to master morality - the "master plan") is utility: the good is what is most useful for the whole community, not the strong. But he does not see beyond initial good and evil.

Also prior to the scene, Wilson shoots out of the plane, without actually killing anyone. He does so out of misguided anger, furious that neither faith in god nor scientific knowledge has not given him the rest or respite he desires. At the same time CIA shooting the sky symbolizes the death the death of God as source of morality for people, leading to the unhooding of Bane, the Übermensch.

When Bane crashes the plane with no survivors, he's crashing the entire worldview based on slave morality. He's crashing old thoughts and institutions such as religions (Christianity for example). He's crashing secular humanism. He's crashing herd mentality. He's crashing even himself, as he overcomes his former self to become the over-man. In this crash, a fire rises in the wreckage - the triumph of "life" over "logic"

Then, in the end Bane reminds Dr. Pavel that "Now is not the time for fear, that comes later!" The world is necessarily moved in a cycle, endlessly repeating all past events due to finite amount of matter and infinite amount of time. In this eternal recurrence, the plane crash will repeat - again and again.

But if life triumphs over logic, the only meaning is life then is the will to power, that means the big guy will always be in charge here.

Bravo Nolan
>>
File: 1481504660849.png (656KB, 779x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481504660849.png
656KB, 779x540px
>>2251202

I hope Baneposting never dies.
>>
>>2251163
I saw this thread, i think about a month ago, died with like 2 replies.
>>
the last part is accurate tho
>>
>>2251202
Well it's clear that CIA was insecure of his abilities and was quick to jump to conclusions regarding the lack of intelligence of others. A few points that hint at his insecurity and over-consciousness to the appearance/actions of others:
-His stance with his hands on his belt; he's trying to assert his dominance because he is rather small, likely having been teased for this his entire life.
-His reference to Bane as a "big guy". He again shows how conscious he is to the appearance of others. In relation to himself.
-He does not allow Dr. Pavel to bring friends. CIA was neglected and ostracized for most of his life for his size, and thus does not want to see others with friends as he wants to see the rest of the world suffer the way he does (compare to Elliot Rodger)
-Throughout the work, he was acting very spiteful and rude, especially toward Bane. This is shown when he says "Well congratulations!" sarcastically and "What's the next step of your master plan?" It's noteworthy the sarcastic tone he adopts as he says "master plan". This again hints at his sourness. His envy shows in these lines.
-CIA is a pathological liar. This is seen when he lies about throwing the men out of the plane and puts forth the effort of wasting a bullet to trick the other men into thinking that he actually shot Aheyerd Gunn and the other masked man. Anyone willing to go through this much effort is clearly disturbed.
Hope this helped.
>>
File: DR_pavel.jpg (44KB, 610x867px) Image search: [Google]
DR_pavel.jpg
44KB, 610x867px
Pavel is severely underrated as a character.

He's incredibly tragic.
>>
File: 1457155337077.jpg (229KB, 1200x789px) Image search: [Google]
1457155337077.jpg
229KB, 1200x789px
CIA was symbolic; it represents how he died when he met Bane. He was there for Pavel, but as soon as he met Bane his goals changed.
Of course it doesn't represent this literally. Dr Pavel represents nihilism. He does not show any desire for anything during the entire movie, but he nonetheless is trying to find virtue, this is Socratic, "I am wise for I know that I know nothing", is commonly quoted from Socrates who claims that he knows that he cannot know anything for sure. Dr Pavel says "Nothing, I said nothing", meaning that he believes he knows nothing, and therefore would not claim to know any to others. Dr Pavel thinks about what he wants before doing it, to exemplify this he has found nothing and this is a personal statement from Nolan, for he too as not found reason, virtue, moral obligation by which to want something.
Bane represents recognition, it is a subtle aspect of him as it is only seen with, Bill would be lauded (feather in his cap) if he captured Bane. The message here is that prestige imparts a desire onto us, we sometime seek to please people but do not stop to consider why. In context this causes CIA's downfall, and this is a metaphor for life, if a person seeks only to do what other people want, E.g. a dedicated, unquestioning agent, he will spend his life in blind chasing obedience then die, never having lived in a meaningful sense (he dies shortly after getting Bane "on board").
When CIA chose Bane over Dr Pavel it represented him giving in to society, and before he knew it he had died without accomplishing anything truly meaningful other than the praise of his agency.The other equally important part is to realise those whom one tries to please are the same, they are meaningless and so are their actions. Bane should not seek to exist to others, and we should not ignore Nolan because others do not praise him. Baneposting will die like CIA once it tries to exist because other people want it too.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.